Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

DC: 'I Want To Win Races Again'

Adrian Newey at best was the best designer in F1, he isn't now. Michelin have had the better tyres this season, McMerc just haven't been as good as Ferrari and Renault.

:wacko: I hope you are kidding.

RedBull has an annual turnover of some $2 Billion (They sell 1.2 Bn cans of poison, so i guess that figure is correct). Compared to any other company associated with any team this makes them a dwarf. The likes DiamlerChrysler or Toyota could swallow his little soda company ten times in a fiscal year without it having an impact on their bottom line.

And so what if he owns an Island? Do you think he will sell his paradise in the sun so that DC can go racing? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, RedBull sponsor almost every extreme soprt event in the world, everything from rock diving to speed skiing to Paris-Dakar to parachuting. That sh!t costs alot and takes away funds from their F1 development. I actually find it strange that he can defend the F1 venture to his board long term given its cost as they do not have any other backers besides from Michelin. And I doubt they will be getting any money from Bridgestone next year.

DC has experience, ok, but time is not exactly on his side.

The Quisling is a good designer and probably a decent manager as well with great abilities to lift a team, but as I have said before, one man and a soda-can can't change the world.

RedBull will forever remain a mid-field team. Just accept it as a fact.

agreed.Redbull is a (type of) company that should have continued as a title sponsor to a promising team

agreed.Redbull is a (type of) company that should have continued as a title sponsor to a promising team

:thbup: Agree.

I think the problem lies in Dietmar Majevezcxicjsqw. Entering F1 has made him a worldwide superstar. I had never seen his wrinkled face before he popped up with his own F1 outfit. Its like its part of his self-realisation, like he has nothing more to conquer and will now try his hand at F1. Trust me, he won't succeed, no matter how much money he pumps in.

If he is in it purely for marketing purposes (which i strongly doubt) I don't think their sales have increased proportionally to their expenditure. Maybe it will long term, but short term its a money-drain.

I see them leaving in a couple of years when the honeymoon is over and the economic realities of F1 becomes apparent to Dietermanrx.

:thbup: Agree.

I think the problem lies in Dietmar Majevezcxicjsqw. Entering F1 has made him a worldwide superstar. I had never seen his wrinkled face before he popped up with his own F1 outfit. Its like its part of his self-realisation, like he has nothing more to conquer and will now try his hand at F1. Trust me, he won't succeed, no matter how much money he pumps in.

If he is in it purely for marketing purposes (which i strongly doubt) I don't think their sales have increased proportionally to their expenditure. Maybe it will long term, but short term its a money-drain.

I see them leaving in a couple of years when the honeymoon is over and the economic realities of F1 becomes apparent to Dietermanrx.

if they would have continued with sauber they would have been the title sponsorsof the Bmw Sauber F1team and it not only would have given them the exposure they crave,it would also have been much cheaper for them ....

if they would have continued with sauber they would have been the title sponsorsof the Bmw Sauber F1team and it not only would have given them the exposure they crave,it would also have been much cheaper for them ....

That is a very good point. Thus, they are in F1 so that Mazxratgiidetx can fulfill some sick dream.

I think Matesh!tz is a genuine race fan. He's using his money to 'play'; hell, I would do the same...Does anyone remember Hesketh? Matesh!tz reminds me of Hesketh in some ways...........

EDIT: Clever profanity filter! It even catches alternate spellings like 'Sh#tz'...have corrected it ;)

Ok, let say he does have a real racing heart, fine. But that will not make the venture more feasible. They need to take on sponsors, but that will backfire on their intent of portraying their cars as cans of poison on wheels. They need more advanced technological partners to have some real inovations on their machines. Whom have they got now? Oh yes, a logistics company whom operates primarely in Eastern Europe. Great! In comparison McLaren have BAE Systems +++

I can't see RedBull challenging for a win, ever.

Ok, let say he does have a real racing heart, fine. But that will not make the venture more feasible. They need to take on sponsors, but that will backfire on their intent of portraying their cars as cans of poison on wheels. They need more advanced technological partners to have some real inovations on their machines. Whom have they got now? Oh yes, a logistics company whom operates primarely in Eastern Europe. Great! In comparison McLaren have BAE Systems +++

I can't see RedBull challenging for a win, ever.

I agree. The racing heart doesn't mean squat except that he is taking this a bit more seriously than is perceived. I also agree that painting their cars like a can of Red Bull is....odd and a bit cheesy. I also despise their insistance on making their driver's adopt Red Bull helmet colors. Disgusting.

Anyway, I agree with all your points except maybe the last one. I don't see the team winning in DC's time, but eventually they might...at least until Matesh!tz dies and the company pulls out of everything ;)

A win I'm not so sure about, but I think he'll have a competative car under him next year. DC's driving well and I don't see him even pondering retirement in the near future. He's driving well in a team which has revolved around him and clearly see him as a valuable asset.

I dont see RBR winning any time soon.

In my opinoin thier best chance is to buy Cosworth, so that they become thier own works team.

Think what Cosworth could do with major financial backing!

Staying with customer engines is a complete waste of time if you want to get anywhere in the current F1 era.

As for being the title sponsor of BMW sauber, I doubt it, the fact that Red Bull pulled out of Sauber was the main reason he sold to BMW.

That was the latest rumour...that Matesh!ts would buy Cosworth. It seems that Kalkhoven is waiting to see if the U.S. open-wheel series ChampCar and IRL can be merged in the future. If no merger looks likely, then no sale of Cosworth is likely. Kalkhoven and Forsythe rather like getting engines for ChampCar for free...something not likely to happen if they sell Cosworth to Red Bull Inc.