Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Villeneuve Slams Schumacher Over 'Lies'

So you're OK with making the harsh and rash statements against JV, but when questioned to back up some of those statements with facts, you just dismiss them because they come from a JV fan?? I thought the

This is the best response to the above on this topic

JV is a sad little man living in his own sad little world. If he didn't get a drive for next year, he only has himself to blame. He didn't get it because he isn't good enough, not good enough to compete with Heidfeld, forget the better drivers. He has already turned into one of those bitter ex F1 drivers who have nothing better to do than to criticize Michael and the sport in general - people like Mansell and Lauda, except that the question of whether JV was ever 'great' is still open to debate. He can't stgand the fact that there is a driver 2(?) years older than him, who has a blank contract for next year in a top team, which he can sign any time. Do you think people are going to be falling over to help if JV decides to set up his own F1 team? There are good people and bad people, but if everyione hates you, it's not because everyone else is wrong. You can't always be right JV. JV's a press whore, his fans are always pointing out how the press is against him, but he is always willing to use the press to criticize others (honest and outspoken ), why complain when he gets it back. Michael has maintained rare dignity in the face of JV's spiteful bulls##t throughout this year, I'd love it if he came out and said something, something thatreally hits hard (sohuldn't be too hard to think of something like that when it comes to JV). JV is Montoya, but with an illustrious name which still gets people steamy eyed and gets him some sympathy. They both are immensely popular in their own countries siimply because they were the only F1 drivers from there, and have a small but rabid bunch of supporters are people who hang on his every word, and have an alternate world view, where everything to do with the JV is paramount. Schumacher fans, except the gloryhunters always admit to his faults, hell even some Senna fans do. But everything to do with JV is someone else's fault. You're a very small man Jacques, fade away fast. I have no pity anymore.

Well said Cav :thbup:

Mods are over rated.... :P

Carry on Ctrl300 :lol::lol::lol:

What is the point :blink:

JV behaves as if there is no tommorrow - How not to win friends and influence people.

In life, it's not about what you know rather who you know. If JV is going around bad mouthing influential people it will come back to bite him in the long run.

Not clever :nono1:

we may enjoy the war of words between two drivers or two persons in front of the media, but to be honest as you say they may loose friends, they loose the respect and perhaps they may even loose a potential contract(fearing that driver would repeat the same thing if he is signed). (difference of opinion) jv should have just kept quite and walked away with more pride and respect rather than speaking about the past. shumi has repeatedly cheated and got away with it, as some members say he should have been banned a long time back, but they didnt, so its not his fault, before slamming shumi they should slam the FIA A$$OLES for letting him get away with it! i dont think shumi would cheat again. f1 has more fans than the past, thus more people watching and taking a closer look at everything during a live telecast, thus it is going to be harder to cheat and getaway, if the fia dont punish, FANS will! :naughty:

FANS will! :naughty:
NO THERE IS A LARGE "tifosi" which will continue to support him,some even justified monaco

:huh:

thats what JV means by his comments on "loyal fans"

from

planetf1.com

to

guys who think silence isnt a virtue!

Latest News

Schumi refuses to go to war with JV

Friday August 18 2006

Email Us Chat Forum

Mail Article Print Article

Michael Schumacher is refusing to engage in a war-of-words with Jacques Villeneuve in the wake of the Canadian's latest verbal attack on him.

Villeneuve, who has often been very critical of Schumacher in the past, launched a scathing attack on the German is the latest edition of the F1 Racing magazine.

"He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer, and because of that, I think that the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget about him," he said.

JV continued saying that "Michael simply isn't a great Champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being."

And although his comments could have led to yet another sparring match between the old rivals, Schumacher has instead, opted to keep his silence.

"We have been aware of the quotes since yesterday. We don't even want to make a 'no comment' on this," the German's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm told Reuters.

even though i may not be a fan of ms i certainly have more respect for his matured personality. i may think that bmw wasnt fair enough to jv, but jv should have accepted the fate and left the team as a friend.

i would also like to add that though i have seen micheal cheat many times i am daam sure hes better than jv, and if jv tells that senna is a much more class cheat, A CHEAT IS A CHEAT! (that doesnt mean i mean to attack senna or his fans, if anyone does feel that, i appologize!)

NO THERE IS A LARGE "tifosi" which will continue to support him,some even justified monaco

:huh:

thats what JV means by his comments on "loyal fans"

when i say fans, i mean F1 fans, it could be anyone!

"He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer, and because of that, I think that the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget about him," he said.

JV continued saying that "Michael simply isn't a great Champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being."

Does anyone else think this is utter Bollocks? Like Schumacher or not, Villeneuve is kidding himself if he thinks people will just forget him when he retires. Not going to happen, not with all them records, titles and great drives. Like him or not you dont just forget about the sports greatest driver.

The 'isn't a great champion' comment confirms my belief that he's just sour that his career faded out quite a while ago and that he needs wild idiotic comments like this to keep his name in the press, otherwise It would be him who was forgotten.

The average bog standard tune in on sunday kind of viewer wouldnt remember MS...well just the contraversial parts which makes for an anti-hero figure. I'd say people who actually fully understand F1 in all its detail are a minority.

Soon as MS quits and Ferrari drop from the top most of the "fans" will jump ship and cling to the next big thing...guess i'll enjoy supporting Alonso now before his fan base get overrun by tifosi :o

Michael Schumacher is refusing to engage in a war-of-words with Jacques Villeneuve in the wake of the Canadian's latest verbal attack on him.

Villeneuve, who has often been very critical of Schumacher in the past, launched a scathing attack on the German in the latest edition of the F1 Racing magazine.

And although his comments could have led to yet another sparring match between the old rivals, Schumacher has instead, opted to keep his silence.

"We have been aware of the quotes since yesterday. We don't even want to make a 'no comment' on this," the German's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm told Reuters.

MS have found the supreme weapon indifference :clap3:

Bravo Senor :clap3:

JV is a sad little man living in his own sad little world. If he didn't get a drive for next year, he only has himself to blame. He didn't get it because he isn't good enough, not good enough to compete with Heidfeld, forget the better drivers. He has already turned into one of those bitter ex F1 drivers who have nothing better to do than to criticize Michael and the sport in general - people like Mansell and Lauda, except that the question of whether JV was ever 'great' is still open to debate. He can't stgand the fact that there is a driver 2(?) years older than him, who has a blank contract for next year in a top team, which he can sign any time. Do you think people are going to be falling over to help if JV decides to set up his own F1 team? There are good people and bad people, but if everyione hates you, it's not because everyone else is wrong. You can't always be right JV. JV's a press whore, his fans are always pointing out how the press is against him, but he is always willing to use the press to criticize others (honest and outspoken :rolleyes2: ), why complain when he gets it back. Michael has maintained rare dignity in the face of JV's spiteful bulls##t throughout this year, I'd love it if he came out and said something, something thatreally hits hard (sohuldn't be too hard to think of something like that when it comes to JV). JV is Montoya, but with an illustrious name which still gets people steamy eyed and gets him some sympathy. They both are immensely popular in their own countries siimply because they were the only F1 drivers from there, and have a small but rabid bunch of supporters are people who hang on his every word, and have an alternate world view, where everything to do with the JV is paramount. Schumacher fans, except the gloryhunters always admit to his faults, hell even some Senna fans do. But everything to do with JV is someone else's fault. You're a very small man Jacques, fade away fast. I have no pity anymore.

Bravo!!!!

Very well said Cav. :clap3:

I really had some respect for JV before as he has been a world champion, despite the fact that it was in a season when MS was stripped off his championship points. But his championship title is a fact and one can't deny it.

But now I thing he is the biggest !#@!$$#%$$#%$%@$!$%$%$^%@%$!$!$!$$#$#@......... in the sport. Or is he really in the sport any more? :lol:

Bravo!!!!

Very well said Cav. :clap3:

I really had some respect for JV before as he has been a world champion, despite the fact that it was in a season when MS was stripped off his championship points. But his championship title is a fact and one can't deny it.

:blink:

Michael was second in the standings when he had his points taken. JV won the title fair and square, unlike Michael in 94.

Michael was second in the standings when he had his points taken. JV won the title fair and square, unlike Michael in 94.

Exactly.... I get the feeling that there are far too many clueless members on this forum nowadays!!!

Once you scratch below the surface of this apparent off the cut rant by JV, one uncovers a very sad and insecure man. Why JV has to make an unprovoked attack on a guy that he doesn't talk to and last locked horns, competitively, almost 10 years ago is beyond my comprehension.

The only explanation that I can give is that this is JV's way of reminding the world that he is/was an equal of MS on the track. His actual performance on track belies this impression, but JV has never doubted that he is MS's equal and goes to great pains to inform a largely non plussed world.

He tried to emulate MS's move to Ferrari by forming BAR and negotiating a salary second only to MS. 10 years on and MS has 7 wdc, 80+ wins whilst JV was unceremoniously dumped by BAR and now BMW, both teams unconvinced of JV's notions of grandeur.

This is narcissistic behaviour of the highest order and needs to be recognised as the personality disorder that it is. JV thinks he is better than he actually is and finds comfort in referring to himself in the same company of greats such as Senna, Prost & Mansell - he is wrong of course.

JV needs to find peace within himself. In the real world, an individual that makes an unprovoked attack on another, be it verbal or physical, could find himself sectioned under mental health legislation. Michael, I am sure, will not dignify JV's comments with a response.

Let it go Jaques, let it go.

jv,fa and mh are the few championship drivers to have beaten schumker.jv has never had to worry about his own abilities and has never had to lie or create circumstances that may endanger his competiters.if anyone has a deamenor of being high and mighty it would surely be ms.ms knows exactly what he is and what he has done and he is the one that will live with the lies and with the guilt of the lies he has commited as well as with the driving offences he has commited all these years.as we all know it has always been the ride and ms is only recognized as a champion because of the ride he has had.woul he have been a champion if he were driving a midfield ride.you and ever other ms fan need to understand that.haha

jv,fa and mh are the few championship drivers to have beaten schumker.jv has never had to worry about his own abilities and has never had to lie or create circumstances that may endanger his competiters.if anyone has a deamenor of being high and mighty it would surely be ms.ms knows exactly what he is and what he has done and he is the one that will live with the lies and with the guilt of the lies he has commited as well as with the driving offences he has commited all these years.as we all know it has always been the ride and ms is only recognized as a champion because of the ride he has had.woul he have been a champion if he were driving a midfield ride.you and ever other ms fan need to understand that.haha

Whaaattt???Guilt and low self esteem will haunt MS???? :blink::o:unsure::wacko:

Exactly.... I get the feeling that there are far too many clueless members on this forum nowadays!!!

:nono1:

Yes, I am truly aware of the fact that Michael was 2nd in the standing but the world knows he has the potential of fighting his way back to the top even from a 25 point deficit. :D

Senna fans say that Senna could have won in 94 if it wasn't for his death. Even then Senna wasn't leading the championship and could've won.

but you all the time have something to say on JV comments ..ok now his gone with f1 so youy're happy

now it's better you all go and get a ****in life too...

you all pathetic idiots freaks go an **** all your mother ****ers....

but you all the time have something to say on JV comments ..ok now his gone with f1 so youy're happy

You are mad, Kenneth

:the_finger:

JV fan by any chance Kenneth? either way surely that kind of abuse is uncalled for...cant remember if i was any way abuse to someone before so i might be calling the kettle black :P

JV fan by any chance Kenneth? either way surely that kind of abuse is uncalled for...cant remember if i was any way abuse to someone before so i might be calling the kettle black :P

and i will return do yiou have a mother then if yes go **** your mother ...

This is an example of both of you acting like morons. You shouldn't even be allowed on this forum. Any mods around?

It's not often you see jealousy taken to that level from one professional sports man to another. This guy is clearly bitter about Schumacher's success and he's certainly not afraid to hide it. I can understand, he's angry and upset that he's not good enough for F1 anymore, but then again he hasn't been for about 5 years now. Get over it Jacques, you wern't that good, it's ok.

I'm sure when F1 has forgotten who Schumacher is in 20 years (yah, right!), Jacques will still be an icon!!!!

The fact that he said it's ok what Senna did because he said he was going to do it shows how dilusional this man is. BMW made the right choice.

Thanks for the memories Jacques (the few that there were nearly 10 years ago), dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

Great post. You took all the words right out of my mouth there! :clap3:

Ok seriously I've had enough, do we have any mods here? I am so sick of this.

Yep personal attacks are forbidden. Mods again should take action above this comment. Attacks on drivers I believe are however not forbidden so Cav is right to say whatever he thinks about JV. Most of what he says is logical anyway and true so people that disagree with it must seek a doctor immediately! :wacko:

The fact that this forum is littered with so much emotional hogwash reinforces why posting here is a waste of time.

Taking a stance and supporting it with well-thought out arguments and defenses is one thing... coming back with cheap shots, pumping up your side's rubbish without an ounce of reflection as to whether it makes any sense at all, and asserting outright lies as truth -- these are things that pollute any forum.

Clearly I am a JV supporter (for many reasons I will not get into) and as such there is some degree of inherent bias in my comments but I do endeavour to be as neutral as possible and to understand the criticisms of JV when they are based on fact.

By most standards JV mucked this one up. Of course he is bitter and angry and with good reason. Over the past 10 years he has watched his career and that of his hated rival go in divergent directions with very little he could do about it in the past 5 years. He simply has not had the equipment to fight Schumi since 97 and since re-upping with BAR and being sacked in '03 his reputation as an ex-WDC has been sullied to an unrecoverable degree. Businesses (like F1) are results oriented. If you put yourself in the shoes of guys like Flav, Ron, Frank, Jean it is not hard to understand why they are heistant to take on a guy who is 35 and has not had a truly outstanding year in a decade.

JV has performed as well as anyone could ever have with the cars he had, regularly trouncing or marginally bettering almost all his teammates (except Button in 03... see my previous post). But team owners want young guys with speed nowadays, always looking for the Alonso or Kimi in the rough who can write cheques for the future. JV at 35 has possibly a year or two ahead at best. At the end of the day it is a risk/return question and JV's profile simply is not attractive anymore. If Schumi endured 10 years of equally poor equipment he would be in the same situation. No one on God's green earth could have won races in those cars, period.

JV is clearly flustered because he knows that in similar cars he can challenge Schumi as he has proven beyond doubt. At the end of the day he took a huge gamble going to a new team where the budget, ambitions, and promises completely overshadowed any tangible results. And his continued faith in 01 through 03 simply destroyed his shot at a top ride. If he had cut his losses and given in to Flav's overtures things would likely have been much different. But life is a series of choices and consequences. JV made his choice and he is living the consequences right now.

The biggest flaw with JV was his association with Pollock. CP was a zealous fool who dragged JV's talents in the mud at BAR and ruined his chance to bang wheels with Schumi for a decade in similar cars. JV was either too loyal or too ambitious for his own good. And with the combination of a zealous manager and driver... well the rest is what we now call 'history'. Most agents/managers are slime in my books anyways, but a COMPETENT manager would have urged JV to jump at established winner like McLaren and Renault when the opportunities were there. CP was a leach who found an elite, marketable driver in JV and tried to parlay this to fulfill his own dreams. Thus the mess of a career that has seemingly come to an end.

I have watched JV since I was 10 years old and he was in Formula Atlantic and I KNOW how good he really is. Bernie knows how good he really is, Frank knows how good he really is, as does Flav and many others whose respect/admiration should mean a lot. But naturally, if you put yourself in his shoes, for JV it hurts when fans and critics question his legacy and he can't really point to anything recent enough to defend it vigorously and it is something beyond his control at this point.

JV's reaction through the press highlights another difference between MS and JV. Namely, JV did not have and probably did not want strong publicists and press agents, whereas Schumi had some of the best. The job of these people is to maintain the public image of their clients and with Schumi they have done a fairly good job. JV on the other hand has come across as a rebellious big-mouth. Look - a lot of it is cultural, sociological, etc as well -- I have a lot of friends in Quebec who are equally passionate and blunt in their views. What they call passion, others call biggoted and egomaniacal. And there were other drivers in F1 history who just as 'bad' as JV in this respect as well (Montoya, Alesi, Irvine, etc.). I loved F1 in the mid to late 90's because of the racing and the 'drama' -- the diverse array of characters and personalities like Schumi, JV, Mika, David, Alesi, Berger, Hill, Zanardi, Montoya, etc -- it was just a really ecclectic mix of varying personalities and styles and it made for some exciting stuff. With the departure of Monty and now JV the sport has certainly lost a massive chunk of this 'je-ne-sais-quoi' in my eyes.

Before I leave (I simply don't have enough time for these ridiculously long posts trying to bring some sense into this muck), I will point out a sample of the ridiculousness to which I am referring:

Exhibit A --

JV is a sad little man living in his own sad little world. If he didn't get a drive for next year, he only has himself to blame. He didn't get it because he isn't good enough, not good enough to compete with Heidfeld, forget the better drivers
Even the harshest of JV's public critics this year backed his performance on the track as being either on-par or marginally better than NH. I challenge you to prove your ridiculous assertion with some facts. And before you point to the 13-7 points differential let me assure you this was analyzed by the critics and regardless they gave JV the thumbs up.

Exhibit B --

Do you think people are going to be falling over to help if JV decides to set up his own F1 team?

In 1998 they were. JV was the 97 champ. It was one year removed. It seemed like a great idea with a lot of promise on the surface. In hindsight it is a lot harder to win in F1 than just throwing money at a project (see also Toyota and Honda).

Exhibit C --

Michael has maintained rare dignity in the face of JV's spiteful bulls##t throughout this year
Oh yes, the dignified remarks about JV's music career how could anyone forget those? JV has lashed MS twice this year. Once because of Monaco where MS tried to play dumb and JV's assertion that it was intentional has generally been vindicated -- he just screamed foul louder than anyone else and of course there is all the history and makes it even more visible. Second was this tirade to which MS' publicists have done the right thing and muzzled him up making JV look really bad. But Mikey has taken his fair share of jabs at JV as well and his 'dignity' is highly questionnable in general given solid evidence (Adelaide, Jerez, Monaco). Schumi is a winner and a hell of a driver -- dignified is one adjective I would not ever used to describe him though.

Exhibit D --

JV is Montoya, but with an illustrious name which still gets people steamy eyed and gets him some sympathy

Yes his name evokes passion and helped make him so loved right away. But JV has proven his mettle against the best... he is an F1 world champion, Montoya is not.

I will end with this...

JV needs to find peace within himself

This is very true, but will probably never happen. That's just the way JV is. Gilles was the same way -- he would never ever find peace with Pironi. JV knows with all his heart and soul that he wasted his talent and threw away the potential to be uttered in the same breath as the Senna, Prost, Schumi, and yes even Gilles by generations to come... the sting of such a realization is just too much to bear for a guy like Jacques. To find peace would be to admit failure and Jacques is just too proud and too good to accept this.

A wasted talent for sure, a true world champion no doubt, and a sad end to what could have and should have been a glorious career save for one or two critically erroneous decisions.

and i will return do yiou have a mother then if yes go **** your mother ...

Kenneth is taking a 7 day leave............