Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

Let's Have Some Quiz Fun Here About F1

Let's have some fun here with some f1 quizzing.

My first question: What was so special about the PS01, the first Minardi under Paul Stoddart?

Let's have some fun here with some f1 quizzing.

My first question: What was so special about the PS01, the first Minardi under Paul Stoddart?

it had a hand crank to start the car?

Probably the fact that the Super Alonso drove it...

Could also be that the car was only tested once before its first race in the Aussie GP and both cars were still within 107% of the pole time?!?!

I don't think Marques actually made the 107% time. I think the marshals felt pity on the guy and let him race.

Not the answers I'm looking for. Think about technical aspects of the car.

Not the answers I'm looking for. Think about technical aspects of the car.

It was big enough to let Stoddart fit in? ^_^

Look at a picture of the car and you will be able to tell what it is...

Look at a picture of the car and you will be able to tell what it is...

i dono.. maybe a Le Mans car?

none correct so far. Dammit. I'll give the answer tomorrow morning.

gee i can barely wait... :mellow:

well here is one for you, Ayrton Senna had two pet dogs in his sao paulo home at the time of his death, name them....

can't use google because its not on it, this will separate the true long time fans from the recent wannabes..... Don't post the answer, if you think you know it, just post the first letter of each name. we shall see how many people can figure it out....

I'm taking a wild-arse guess here and say that the Minardi PS01 used a top-chassis vent for the hot radiator air, similar to that year's McLaren 'chimneys' (though McLaren had the chimneys and Minardi had cuts in the top of the sidepods).

This is a hard one, Chris, and from what I've seen not many people want to be known for getting it wrong (all the better for them to pretend to be 'all knowing' ;) ). I welcome being wrong...Bring it!!! :D

well here is one for you, Ayrton Senna had two pet dogs in his sao paulo home at the time of his death, name them....

can't use google because its not on it, this will separate the true long time fans from the recent wannabes..... Don't post the answer, if you think you know it, just post the first letter of each name. we shall see how many people can figure it out....

Hahaha, very good :thbup:

I have no idea. Besides from yourself I am sure only Senna and Wez knows.

I'll have a guess. Herkules and Hermano (brother in Portugese).

The answer:

The Minardi PS01 was the last car to have Pullrod Suspension .

Next question: What was the last car before it to have Pullrod suspension?

The answer:

Can't remember the chassis/year, but I think it was an Arrows.

I was tring to think of a question as obscure as Ayrton Senna's dogs, but could only think of asking, who was the last driver who smoked (as in; in public), but then all the good ones are smokin' anyway :D

Can't remember the chassis/year, but I think it was an Arrows.

I was tring to think of a question as obscure as Ayrton Senna's dogs, but could only think of asking, who was the last driver who smoked (as in; in public), but then all the good ones are smokin' anyway :D

I don't know the answer for your question, but I know for certain that Hunt smoked and drank in public :D

The answer:

I found this on an obscure little site..how accurate is it? It would seem to suggest that the PS02 used pullrods...

"KL MINARDI ASIATECH

Minardi's new PS02 contender has numerous changes that go well beyond just their new team sponsors and livery. New engine partner Asiatech has supplied their AT02 V10 engine and Minardi will also be using a new titanium-cased gearbox. The PS02 features a new pullrod-operated front suspension system along with design changes to the nose, sidepods, and engine cover. Alex Yoong and rookie teammate Mark Webber hope to return Minardi to the points in 2002."

sad i know but the fact i seem to remember easiest is that Corinne Schumcaher was previously dating Heinz Harold Frentzen while both him & MS dorve in the German Formula 3 championship - Michael won & Corinne dumped HHF & swapped her attentions to Michael - fickle bitch :angry: - heres hoping then she continues her trend & moves on to FA in the very near future :wub:

I found this on an obscure little site..how accurate is it? It would seem to suggest that the PS02 used pullrods...

"KL MINARDI ASIATECH

Minardi's new PS02 contender has numerous changes that go well beyond just their new team sponsors and livery. New engine partner Asiatech has supplied their AT02 V10 engine and Minardi will also be using a new titanium-cased gearbox. The PS02 features a new pullrod-operated front suspension system along with design changes to the nose, sidepods, and engine cover. Alex Yoong and rookie teammate Mark Webber hope to return Minardi to the points in 2002."

From f1db:

Suspension: Upper/lower carbon-wrapped titanium wishbones, pushrod-activated torsion springs/rockers front/rear, mechanical anti-roll bars

For the PS02.

sad i know but the fact i seem to remember easiest is that Corinne Schumcaher was previously dating Heinz Harold Frentzen while both him & MS dorve in the German Formula 3 championship - Michael won & Corinne dumped HHF & swapped her attentions to Michael - fickle bitch :angry: - heres hoping then she continues her trend & moves on to FA in the very near future :wub:

AH HA! That was a very cunning way of getting back to the 'pull' + 'rod' thread, Irishfemalefan! Well, we can only ussume that Connie had various views on the concept of them thar rods a-pulling :naughty:

And: Ctrl300: "I don't know the answer for your question, but I know for certain that Hunt smoked and drank in public" He did indeed, but I was guessing at Keke Rosberg. But as an 'after thinks', does anyone really care in these no-smoking days. I'll try to think of something more politically correct :blink:

Must figure out how to attach more than one qoute-box-thingy..... :blush: