Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racing4G

Formula 1 The Most Unexciting Racing Event

Unxciting Racing Event  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think F1 is not exciting these days ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know

In recent years Formula 1 has proved to be the most unexciting racing event. If you match up to the other racing events the following reasons makes Formula 1 more boring.

1. First 3 and Last 3 teams performance remains unchanged for years together

2. Easily predictable Teams & Drivers in the pole position

3. Easily predictable Front Runners & End Runners

4. End Runners Teams media statements

- We are looking forward for the next race

- We are happy to complete the race

- Happy to take the car back home

5. We always know who is winning after 20 Lap

6. Results are Easily predictable

If this scenario is not going to change F1 can be voted the most unexciting racing event in the planet

The only intresting thing about F1 are the comments by the non-tifosi's. It's always exciting to see someone cry/abuse/complain, and, in terms of battles, there's nothing to it, Michael dominates all. Whether you see it on the positive side or the negative side, he keeps the show going, and that's what interests the fans. All these controversies keep the media and the fans lively.

Awkward question so i have to say i dont know.

The peak of excitement in general peoples minds i'd say would be NASCAR and WWE, in that case I don't want F1 to be "exciting". NASCAR, WRC, Le Mans, MotoGP, Touring Car's, GP Masters, A1, etc. can never hold my interest because I find they lack as much dept.

I'm motorsports mad, its practically my life but the only ones i can stand to watch are F1 and GP2.

If F1 wasnt exciting I wouldnt watch it. You dont always know who's going to win after 20 laps cos anything can happen in f1 and usually does!

The top 3 teams do change in performance each year, sometimes big change sometimes small. I love F1 and it doesnt bore me at all! I'll love f1 forever!!

for my 2 cents worth, F1 racing is BORING, BUT with the CONSTANT change of rules, it does change the boredom from slightly to mediocre, a bit like some of the replies on this forum :(

You phrased your question in such a way that it is a little confusing. In order to vote that F1 IS exciting, we have to phrase it as a double negative, by voting "No".... as a result, your poll results might end up being a little less than reliable.

You phrased your question in such a way that it is a little confusing. In order to vote that F1 IS exciting, we have to phrase it as a double negative, by voting "No".... as a result, your poll results might end up being a little less than reliable.

moreover,look at his avatar.i am guessing he is Karun Chandok himself :eusa_think:

I'm sorry, NASCAR and WWE exciting?! I watch many different forms of motorsport but I still fail to see NASCAR's attraction. It's a load of (mainly) middle age blokes going round an oval about 200 times and they hardly over take, the cars look and sound like poo and it's really not very good. For me, I follow wrc, btcc, dtm and gp2 actively on top of F1. On many race weekends, the GP2 races have actually had more incidents and overtaking than the F1 race but that's to be expected - the cars have less power, less downforce, the drivers are all VERY varied in their talents and they have non grooved slicks. The way the F1 regulations are makes F1 have fewer overtaking opportunities and thus incidents are less likely to happen.

DTM I love (and it's on this weekend!). I'm sure if any of you saw the last race... or any dtm race at the Norisring... you'd be hooked!

However, I only started properly watching BTCC may probably take the "most exciting" crown.

But, I love F1 and it is exciting, it has its exciting moments, just as any sport does. When a sport is trying to squeeze as much as they can out of pitiful regulations, what more can they do? We need more race slike hungary!!

IT must be doing something right to get the viewers it does, and therefore have sponsors paying millions to get there logo on cars and tracks and anythign else they can.

I think its exciting, and races like Hungary are fantastic to watch. A1 is alrightish, but its all artificial, its setup to get weird results all the time, and I hate that. You don't see th best team or the best driver win A1 alot of the time, because of luck of the draw, I don't watch much NASCAR but I'd say its simliar their aswell perhaps (not to mention I find circles boring).

I think F1 is so exciting that had a bunch of people from around the world (

I love f1.... I think there have been some cracking races this season!

The last race made me wet myself!!

(this obviously DIDN'T actually happen!)

Ahhh... :lol:

it is the most exciting motorsport ever, proof: The Hungaroring GP 2006

I do think that F1 has lost a lot of its excitement - that said i still watch every race religiously & once in a while (like in Hungary) you get reminded why it is the pinnacle of motorsport!

The only other forms i get to see regularly over here are GP2 & BTCC - GP2 is great to watch mostly as someone pointed out because of the varying talent of the drivers & lower downforce but it still just doenst have the class of F1

BTCC - wow what a sport - every single race is action packed with unbelievable skill from the drivers & of course it has the local interest for me - colin turkington - but still my loyalties lie with F1 :king:

The last race made me wet myself!!

(this obviously DIDN'T actually happen!)

:clap3::clap3:

I do think that F1 has lost a lot of its excitement - that said i still watch every race religiously & once in a while (like in Hungary) you get reminded why it is the pinnacle of motorsport!

The only other forms i get to see regularly over here are GP2 & BTCC - GP2 is great to watch mostly as someone pointed out because of the varying talent of the drivers & lower downforce but it still just doenst have the class of F1

BTCC - wow what a sport - every single race is action packed with unbelievable skill from the drivers & of course it has the local interest for me - colin turkington - but still my loyalties lie with F1 :king:

:clap3::clap3:

What a top chick you are :wub:

Of course F1 is exciting. Asking the question in just ridiculous. Ok, I must admit that it is not as exciting as it once was or could have been, but hey, WTF, its has become a very close season, and is brewing to become one hell of a battle in the last races.

Also, Hungary was fantastic!

Jay is correct, the question is a bit tortured...

I voted 'no' (No, I don't think F1 is 'not exciting' these days) F1 does not have the amount of on-track overtaking that it did in the past, but it's still exciting. It's a bit of a chess-game at 200kph and I find that exciting. The technology, the skill of the top drivers/teams and the fact that I'm watching something with a rich heritage that includes many legends.

For most, overtaking equates excitement. Not so for me. I like overtaking of course, but to give an example, I watch ChampCar (not the oval-running IRL). I find ChampCar more exciting than GP2; drivers are more experienced and talented, there are plenty of bold overtaking maneouvres and a rich history of it's own. But ChampCar is not Formula 1. There is an undefinable quality about Formula 1 that makes me wake up at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m. just to watch it. I sit there, bleary-eyed, with my glass of Chimay and am giddy with excitement.

If F1 wasnt exciting I wouldnt watch it. You dont always know who's going to win after 20 laps cos anything can happen in f1 and usually does!

The top 3 teams do change in performance each year, sometimes big change sometimes small. I love F1 and it doesnt bore me at all! I'll love f1 forever!!

I definitely agree. Anything can happen in Formula 1 as Jemstride said and that's why I watch it to the very end Schumacher or no Schumacher. Who would of guessed Mika Haikkinen to break down on the last lap whilst leading the 2001 Spanish Grand Prix? Or who would of guessed Kimi Raikkonen to go around the outside of Giancarlo Fisichella's Renault on the last lap to take the lead at the incredible first corner the Japanese circuit has. Other than that if i'm still not convincing some of you, who would of guessed that Jenson Button would win his maiden GP in Hungary with De La Rosa second and Nick Heidfeld third!

I voted 'no' (No, I don't think F1 is 'not exciting' these days) F1 does not have the amount of on-track overtaking that it did in the past, but it's still exciting. It's a bit of a chess-game at 200kph and I find that exciting. The technology, the skill of the top drivers/teams and the fact that I'm watching something with a rich heritage that includes many legends.

For most, overtaking equates excitement. Not so for me. I like overtaking of course, but to give an example, I watch ChampCar (not the oval-running IRL). I find ChampCar more exciting than GP2; drivers are more experienced and talented, there are plenty of bold overtaking maneouvres and a rich history of it's own. But ChampCar is not Formula 1. There is an undefinable quality about Formula 1 that makes me wake up at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m. just to watch it. I sit there, bleary-eyed, with my glass of Chimay and am giddy with excitement.

lovely stuff...

well put..... :thbup:

Exciting varies from person to person, as everyone has slightly different views on what is needed to make F1 and a race interesting and exciting and then you have different definitions of exciting. For me, as long as there is "some" overtaking and action to watch e.g. pitstops then I think it is exciting, however that depends on the director. A bad director can make an interesting race seem boring.

Exciting varies from person to person, as everyone has slightly different views on what is needed to make F1 and a race interesting and exciting and then you have different definitions of exciting. For me, as long as there is "some" overtaking and action to watch e.g. pitstops then I think it is exciting, however that depends on the director. A bad director can make an interesting race seem boring.

This is a VERY good point.

BTCC - wow what a sport - every single race is action packed with unbelievable skill from the drivers & of course it has the local interest for me - colin turkington

I'm going to BTCC in october yeeeeey!! Can't wait!!!