Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sudarshan the shumi fan

JV Talking Too Much And Trying To Show Off

However, the 1997 Champ believes BMW could pay a high price next season for their decision because unlike Kubica, who will most likely race in JV's place in 2007, the Canadian has not only led but also won races.

"I've led races, I've won races," he told F1 Racing magazine.

"I know how to do that. So I guess the question as to whether I'd drive for BMW next year was this: did BMW think they needed someone next year who could lead and win races?

"If they did, then they'd need me. If they didn't then they wouldn't. It just depended on how ambitious they were.

"But, for what it's worth, I thought that the race of progress we were showing, which was very strong, suggested they would need someone who lead races and win races."

Villeneuve went on to say that Kubica's lack of experience could also hamper the team in races to come.

"Robert is very young. As of now, though, he doesn't have much racing experience," he added.

"And experience is always helpful, always important because racing involves getting yourself out of tricky situations - and it's easier to get out those if you've been in them before and learnt from how you did and didn't get out of them."

As for his own future, JV revealed that Nascar could be an option.

"These days, NASCAR isn't a step down from F1, And, because of that, it's something you can do without thinking you're giving up on your career - just as Montoya has done.

"Le Mans, sports cars, DTM, IRL, Champ Car? Well, I'm sorry, but they're all a step down from F1. NASCAR isn't."

However, the 1997 Champ believes BMW could pay a high price next season for their decision because unlike Kubica, who will most likely race in JV's place in 2007, the Canadian has not only led but also won races.

"I've led races, I've won races," he told F1 Racing magazine.

"I know how to do that. So I guess the question as to whether I'd drive for BMW next year was this: did BMW think they needed someone next year who could lead and win races?

"If they did, then they'd need me. If they didn't then they wouldn't. It just depended on how ambitious they were.

"But, for what it's worth, I thought that the race of progress we were showing, which was very strong, suggested they would need someone who lead races and win races."

Villeneuve went on to say that Kubica's lack of experience could also hamper the team in races to come.

"Robert is very young. As of now, though, he doesn't have much racing experience," he added.

"And experience is always helpful, always important because racing involves getting yourself out of tricky situations - and it's easier to get out those if you've been in them before and learnt from how you did and didn't get out of them."

As for his own future, JV revealed that Nascar could be an option.

"These days, NASCAR isn't a step down from F1, And, because of that, it's something you can do without thinking you're giving up on your career - just as Montoya has done.

"Le Mans, sports cars, DTM, IRL, Champ Car? Well, I'm sorry, but they're all a step down from F1. NASCAR isn't."

Tthis guy apart from being a loser for almost a decade he is trying to teach on how to be a better human being to others, while at the same time he believes he is the best and that BMW needs him. From his tone Kubika is just a worthless rookie. He is in no position to discredit any driver. JV go join your friend JPM at the nascar.

JV = MS wannabee :thbdn:

So JV 'knows how to win' and BMW 'need him in '07'? What utter bollocks. As if his pathetic slamming of Michael wasn't bad enough he now tries to prove his worth with words and no action, as usual. His 'knowing how to win' didn't help BAR develop a winning car did it?

BMW 'need' JV in '07 like a nail in their tyres.

As for Michael, i bet he is laughing about Jacques. It's like stepping in dog Sh#t: It's not very nice but once it's wiped of your shoe, you forget about it.

Just out of interest, does anyone know when the last time JV led a race? (not due to being in the lead when others were stopping)

And the last win, was it nurburgring 97?

Just out of interest, does anyone know when the last time JV led a race? (not due to being in the lead when others were stopping)

Yep, last win was Luxembourg GP at Nurburgring in 97. He led at Jerez in 97. Don't think he led a race after that. Maybe once in '98, tops. Definetely none between 99 and 03 as the BAR was a disaster coupled with the fact that the Ferrari's, the McLaren's and the Williams where so dominating.

Shush!!!! the JVians will attack you for this :D

Shush!!!! the JVians will attack you for this :D

I know Im asking for trouble, but I think its relevant, he knows how to win races sure.

But the last time he did was 10 years ago when the cars were totally different machines, perhaps more suited to his skills.

Times change, does the ability change also, do drivers have thier day?

What do you guys think?

ps, I welcome the comments of the JV clan, but believe me its not my intention to bash.

pps, just so you know my position, I support the JV decision by BMW, but am not a JV basher.

I know Im asking for trouble, but I think its relevant, he knows how to win races sure.

But the last time he did was 10 years ago when the cars were totally different machines, perhaps more suited to his skills.

Times change, does the ability change also, do drivers have thier day?

What do you guys think?

ps, I welcome the comments of the JV clan, but believe me its not my intention to bash.

pps, just so you know my position, I support the JV decision by BMW, but am not a JV basher.

I think JV has shown all that he is fast and can adapt no matter what new regulations the FIA throw at him.

Had he made a wiser choice at the end of 98 he almost certainly would have been a multiple wdc.

With regards to the BMW situation. They have the right to change their driver lineup if they feel another driver may perform better or will do so in the future, and that track time will help him improve for next year if they regards the current season as an experiment - which is clearly what BMW is doing. Regardless, JV should have been kept (if he wanted) as a tester.

... Regardless, JV should have been kept (if he wanted) as a tester.

JV would rather walk the streets out side schumi's house than swap roles with Kubica....

The more I read about what JV is talking these days, it seems to be the case that JV chose to walk out of BMW rather than MT having to fire him....He must have been constantly asking MT for a 2007 drive and maybe they both had a nasty argument and boom, JV walked out. All speculations, but seems plausible...

JV would rather walk the streets out side schumi's house than swap roles with Kubica....

The more I read about what JV is talking these days, it seems to be the case that JV chose to walk out of BMW rather than MT having to fire him....He must have been constantly asking MT for a 2007 drive and maybe they both had a nasty argument and boom, JV walked out. All speculations, but seems plausible...

I heard that it was the case JV said **** you Im off!

JV ran out of steam 9 years ago, he was lucky to have a ride this year at all, it's sad to see people not get out while they have some dignity left and not firing shots at people...just my .02 worth...........

it clearly shows his frustration arising becoz he isnt given a driver's seat any more.

he is juz talking too much these days about everyone especially shumi.

he is jealous of shumi(the 7 times WDC)

well he is no match to Shumi, shumi is a star and he is proving it with his excellent performances even at 35.

Thats the sign of a driver who is in top from even at this age.

all credits to shumi.

also who do you think will win the Turkish GP? and which do you think is the fastest car on track.

You know, people complain alot, which is very typical for the backmarkers. These comments aren't surprising at all when it's stated from JV. But overall, he's becoming a pain, he needs to learn to control his mouth, but for the most part, I don't think people are even noticing him anymore. So - comments from a person like him, is very common, I think people know this.

Well, as far as skill you never really know from F1 who is a good or bad driver. it as all about the car. It is simply boring train from one start to finish now unless there is rain... Fast cars at the front (not necessarily fast drivers)... slow cars and the back (not necessarily slow drivers)... no driver skill test at all. This compounded by the fact that Ferrari and MS had team orders throughout his career there has made even more of a mockery of this once great sport. MS has zero integrity and is a smug arrogant a## on camera and is not a good rep for a declining sport. I am not a JV fan but a race fan all and if you listen with your head not your heart you will hear that what JV says is 100% accurate. He may not deliver his message is a good way but that does not make it inaccurate. God forbid some one has the balls to call it the way it is. Too bad that had to cost some drivers their ride...

"I've led races, I've won races, he told F1 Racing magazine. I know how to do that. So I guess the question as to whether I'd drive for BMW next year was this: did BMW think they needed someone next year who could lead and win races?"

I think, that JV said nothing more than a pure true. So .. no choice for BMW now. NH and Kubica out ... Nigel Mansell and Alan Jones in ;) Or maybe Irvine - great personality ;) Jacques, do you know, that most people under 25, heard about your wins only from fathers ;)

Just is the same thing, which you told after Canadian GP ?? :D Relax .. play on your midi :)

"Well, I'm sorry, but they're all a step down from F1. NASCAR isn't."

Unless you go to ... Bush Series. It's also not a "step down from F1" :) Jacques .. you told yesterday about honesty. So honesty ... I don't think, that you truely belive, that NASCAR isn't step down. And it's not my word. But famous NASCAR driver ... just read the newspaper. But of course if you go to ChampCar, the ChampCar series will be higher rated .. and will be not step down...

"In a remarkable personal attack on the seven-times champion he concludes that the Ferrari driver will soon be forgotten once he finally retires from driving."

JV .. it's Jos Verstappen? ;) Schumi ... one of the most "polarizing" F1 driver, "dirty player" ;) ... and 7 (maybe 8) time F1 championship couldn't be forgotten.

""I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality,"

I remember when JV said, that sometimes personality is more importent than driving skills. So Jacques .. maybe wrestling as a new job? ;)

"and because he isn't a great human being"

And you JV, as a great human being, great team player, great developer, and knows from winning ....

- made nothing with BAR. MS "made" Ferrari great ... he is not only a driver. He knows what F1 is. He know how to develop a successfull team. And what is Jacques is your story with BAR? You failed .. we know the story. It was "your" team ....

- you are such great team player, great personality, that you was fired (in the middle of the season) by BAR, BMW (and replaced by a rookie), and your career with Renault means - three races, 0 points.

- you know how to win ... yee ... in the best car on the grid. Let's face it. You won nothing since 97 and we have 06 know. And you are nine years older. You were beaten by Button (as a rookie nearly), Heidfeld, even Massa. Points ... that's the prize in F1. In 2002 you nearly lost in points with Olivier Panis. Since 2002 you lost on points with all your teammates. Not a good score for a former WDC.

One thing is sad. I liked JV. Honestly .. I liked him. But what he is doing now is ill for me. He started by attacking BMW, than MS (even for his 1997 drive), than Kubica. You are saying things about Bush/NASCAR series and not stepping down ... so why you made everything to stay in F1? When everybody knows, that you were "dead man walking" in F1 since 2003, and 2005 for sure. People can leave F1 with dignity and without. You find the second way easier I think. Everybody knows about MS "tricks" ... but did you notice what said Hill after he left from F1 about Shumi ?? Or Hakkinen ?? Why are you saying these things _now_, when you are out of the game? You said, that people qucikly find Shumi as an "obsolete" thema in F1. But in my opinion you definitely have "Schumi" complex. "My 1 is better than your 7" ;) ... talking about 1997 in 2006. It's extremly easy to see, that you are embittered. But please ... leave the F1 with dignity.

"I've led races, I've won races, he told F1 Racing magazine. I know how to do that. So I guess the question as to whether I'd drive for BMW next year was this: did BMW think they needed someone next year who could lead and win races?"

I think, that JV said nothing more than a pure true. So .. no choice for BMW now. NH and Kubica out ... Nigel Mansell and Alan Jones in ;) Or maybe Irvine - great personality ;) Jacques, do you know, that most people under 25, heard about your wins only from fathers ;)

Just is the same thing, which you told after Canadian GP ?? :D Relax .. play on your midi :)

"Well, I'm sorry, but they're all a step down from F1. NASCAR isn't."

Unless you go to ... Bush Series. It's also not a "step down from F1" :) Jacques .. you told yesterday about honesty. So honesty ... I don't think, that you truely belive, that NASCAR isn't step down. And it's not my word. But famous NASCAR driver ... just read the newspaper. But of course if you go to ChampCar, the ChampCar series will be higher rated .. and will be not step down...

"In a remarkable personal attack on the seven-times champion he concludes that the Ferrari driver will soon be forgotten once he finally retires from driving."

JV .. it's Jos Verstappen? ;) Schumi ... one of the most "polarizing" F1 driver, "dirty player" ;) ... and 7 (maybe 8) time F1 championship couldn't be forgotten.

""I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality,"

I remember when JV said, that sometimes personality is more importent than driving skills. So Jacques .. maybe wrestling as a new job? ;)

"and because he isn't a great human being"

And you JV, as a great human being, great team player, great developer, and knows from winning ....

- made nothing with BAR. MS "made" Ferrari great ... he is not only a driver. He knows what F1 is. He know how to develop a successfull team. And what is Jacques is your story with BAR? You failed .. we know the story. It was "your" team ....

- you are such great team player, great personality, that you was fired (in the middle of the season) by BAR, BMW (and replaced by a rookie), and your career with Renault means - three races, 0 points.

- you know how to win ... yee ... in the best car on the grid. Let's face it. You won nothing since 97 and we have 06 know. And you are nine years older. You were beaten by Button (as a rookie nearly), Heidfeld, even Massa. Points ... that's the prize in F1. In 2002 you nearly lost in points with Olivier Panis. Since 2002 you lost on points with all your teammates. Not a good score for a former WDC.

One thing is sad. I liked JV. Honestly .. I liked him. But what he is doing now is ill for me. He started by attacking BMW, than MS (even for his 1997 drive), than Kubica. You are saying things about Bush/NASCAR series and not stepping down ... so why you made everything to stay in F1? When everybody knows, that you were "dead man walking" in F1 since 2003, and 2005 for sure. People can leave F1 with dignity and without. You find the second way easier I think. Everybody knows about MS "tricks" ... but did you notice what said Hill after he left from F1 about Shumi ?? Or Hakkinen ?? Why are you saying these things _now_, when you are out of the game? You said, that people qucikly find Shumi as an "obsolete" thema in F1. But in my opinion you definitely have "Schumi" complex. "My 1 is better than your 7" ;) ... talking about 1997 in 2006. It's extremly easy to see, that you are embittered. But please ... leave the F1 with dignity.

Well said.

Will someone please tell JV that the year is 2006 and not 1997 anymore. He has not won a race or lead one for almost 10 years now. His glory days are long gone, stop making a scene and just leave already.

Be a man for once and stop b!tching and complaining. Let people remember you as the man who challenged MS for the WDC not the man who b!tch his way out of F1.

its Jv's way of trying to get attention one last time.

I saw Talladega nights a few days ago, the will farel NASCAR move (apsulutely halarious) and to me the french guy was so much like a portrail of JV its unbelievable

its Jv's way of trying to get attention one last time.

I saw Talladega nights a few days ago, the will farel NASCAR move (apsulutely halarious) and to me the french guy was so much like a portrail of JV its unbelievable

You mean he's gay :D

All these "statements" are being ripped out of the F1 Racing interview, you know that the journalists will try and get something interesting for their magazine.

Besides I don't see any way that JV is slamming Kubica. All he is saying is that they guy is a question mark. He is very young, inexperienced so no one will really know with confidence that he is a good racer.

Sudarshan, you couldn't try to kiss Michaels a## more than you do. Congratulations :clap3:

I do not doubt that MS is a fantastic driver and team builder, but he has brought disrepute into F1. I mean blatanly "parking" at Monaco, and the other various incidents should indicate to people the kind of man he is.

He cares nothing for the sport, or anyone else. All he cares about is winning at all costs, even if it resorts to cheating.

In regards to JV saying he knows how to win races, ALL drivers say it when they are looking for a job. :lol: even Jenson is gonna say when he's looking for his next ride :lol:

The reason a lot us JV fans support the guy, is because he is honest, has integrity and will say it like it is. Sometimes he can be a bit blunt, but we love him all the more for it.

He cares nothing for the sport, or anyone else. All he cares about is winning at all costs, even if it resorts to cheating.

Unfortunately you lack the ability to be objective.

Michael cares not for the sport which he has been involved for 15 full seasons? He has a unique bond with all of his team, especially JT, is a family man with children and yet cares for no one else? I suggest you read a few books on the man and get to know a bit more about him.

All he cares about is winning at all costs? Well damn him and send him to hell, this is sport. People who are dominant in sport have that attitude. The other half-hearted, arrive and drive cruisers (including JV) would do well to emulate him. Has he cheated? Yes, i believe he has. He has a chink in his armour, so focus on that and nothing else and condemn him for ever more. You do that, and i'll remember the wins, the titles and the joy.

Unfortunately you lack the ability to be objective.

Michael cares not for the sport which he has been involved for 15 full seasons? He has a unique bond with all of his team, especially JT, is a family man with children and yet cares for no one else? I suggest you read a few books on the man and get to know a bit more about him.

All he cares about is winning at all costs? Well damn him and send him to hell, this is sport. People who are dominant in sport have that attitude. The other half-hearted, arrive and drive cruisers (including JV) would do well to emulate him. Has he cheated? Yes, i believe he has. He has a chink in his armour, so focus on that and nothing else and condemn him for ever more. You do that, and i'll remember the wins, the titles and the joy.

This is starting to get tiresome. Its like having children.

Do you see nothing wrong with Michaels on-trak ethics??? Or will you become one of those whom justifies his actions of 94 and 97 as legitimate as Senna resorted to the same in 89 and 90?

If I steal and get away with it, is it then ok for you to steal as well?

I cannot believe what passes for intelligence these days... and is praised for being "well said" no less.

Yes, clearly Ferrari's incredible run and BAR's disastrous failure can be attributed entirely to Schumi and JV respectively. I give you an A+ for such a stunning thesis that has volumes of foolproof evidence backing it up. JV should have designed, built, raced, modified, funded, managed, and every other imaginable adjective that could be used within the context of an F1 team and thus the finger for the BAR debacle should be pointed his way... :rolleyes:

Friendly advice: take your hands off Schumi's cojones and TRY for the love of God to come up with something a little better than that.

As for the 'firings' you mention I will simply respond with two sets of initials: DR and MT and let you think about it. And here's another hint for you while I'm in my giving mood... neither of these gentlemen were particularly happy to have JV. They both 'inherited' him and like 99% of GMs in pro sports wanted to wipe the slate and build their own team.

The Renault 'stint' which you so aptly termed a 'career' -- see Rubens this year at BAR for the first 4 or 5 races as an example of how easy it is to switch cars and perform at your peak. He was embarassingly off Jens' pace and has now seemed to find his way. And this is WITH the benefit off a full off-season of testing and WITHOUT the inconvenience of being on sabbatical and being thrust into action out of race shape. Flav and Pat gave JV the thumbs up for both his technical input and his ability to get up to speed RELATIVELY quickly, but hey what do those schmucks know? Clearly your argument is much more convincing.

As for winning with the 'best' car on the grid... perhaps JV should apologize for not winning in a Minardi. You name me ONE driver not named Gilles who has taken a car that by all accounts was incapable of winning races and won races consistently (i.e. more than once or twice) with it. You put Schumi in JV's boots at BAR and they would still never have won a championship. F1 is MUCH more team-oriented than 99% of sporting ventures such that an elite driver is pretty well out of luck when it comes to winning with a sub-par car. It takes the combination of a top notch pilot and car to win races and championships. Schumi has done this for years. JV did it when he had the car in 96 and 97. If you want to argue that Schumi would have fared markedly better than JV in the same cars between 98-06 then I will let you make that claim and have your fellow Schumi-ists laud praise on your genius. I don't buy it.

Points are important no doubt... you are talking about a WDC who scored more points than anyone. There are a number of mitigating factors that should curb one's use of points as an evaluator of results. I think personally points are much more commensurate to performance for top of the grid teams than bottom feeders who are subject to mechanical gremlins and who bank on teams in front of them failing to score points. In this environment one lucky race can score you a fluke 3rd-6th and occasionally earned 7th-8th place. Thus if your teammate has a fortunate race (i.e. NH last race) he scores 6 points whereas those 6 points will be almost impossible to come by in a normal race setting when the top teams finish.

I've said it many times before... I have followed JV's career for the past 12-14 years and have watched him and analyzed his performances enough to make the assertion that he was trounced only once in his entire career and that was by Button. Again, the DR factor comes into play, but he was trounced. Massa also owned him in the first half of 05, but once JV got comfortable with the car he was on par and marginally better the rest of the year. Same thing with Nick, he has been on par or marginally better. And quite honestly, JV now is not what he was in his prime and neither is Schumi - age and technical advances will make a driver's skills obsolete to some extent.

Honestly, I hate making these long posts and wish I did not have to... it just irks the Sh#te out of me reading such mindless crap that bashes a driver who you clearly have no appreciation for and whose long-standing 'battle' with your golden boy has skewed your vision beyond repair. Schumi is an elite driver, and JV showed he was as well when given the opportunity. Get over it and get on with what's left of the season. Let JV rant away - if it makes him happy it shouldn't bother anyone on this site. They are just words that will do very little to reverse history. He is out of F1 and that should be satisfaction enough for you classless schmucks.

I cannot believe what passes for intelligence these days... and is praised for being "well said" no less.

Yes, clearly Ferrari's incredible run and BAR's disastrous failure can be attributed entirely to Schumi and JV respectively. I give you an A+ for such a stunning thesis that has volumes of foolproof evidence backing it up. JV should have designed, built, raced, modified, funded, managed, and every other imaginable adjective that could be used within the context of an F1 team and thus the finger for the BAR debacle should be pointed his way... :rolleyes:

Friendly advice: take your hands off Schumi's cojones and TRY for the love of God to come up with something a little better than that.

As for the 'firings' you mention I will simply respond with two sets of initials: DR and MT and let you think about it. And here's another hint for you while I'm in my giving mood... neither of these gentlemen were particularly happy to have JV. They both 'inherited' him and like 99% of GMs in pro sports wanted to wipe the slate and build their own team.

The Renault 'stint' which you so aptly termed a 'career' -- see Rubens this year at BAR for the first 4 or 5 races as an example of how easy it is to switch cars and perform at your peak. He was embarassingly off Jens' pace and has now seemed to find his way. And this is WITH the benefit off a full off-season of testing and WITHOUT the inconvenience of being on sabbatical and being thrust into action out of race shape. Flav and Pat gave JV the thumbs up for both his technical input and his ability to get up to speed RELATIVELY quickly, but hey what do those schmucks know? Clearly your argument is much more convincing.

As for winning with the 'best' car on the grid... perhaps JV should apologize for not winning in a Minardi. You name me ONE driver not named Gilles who has taken a car that by all accounts was incapable of winning races and won races consistently (i.e. more than once or twice) with it. You put Schumi in JV's boots at BAR and they would still never have won a championship. F1 is MUCH more team-oriented than 99% of sporting ventures such that an elite driver is pretty well out of luck when it comes to winning with a sub-par car. It takes the combination of a top notch pilot and car to win races and championships. Schumi has done this for years. JV did it when he had the car in 96 and 97. If you want to argue that Schumi would have fared markedly better than JV in the same cars between 98-06 then I will let you make that claim and have your fellow Schumi-ists laud praise on your genius. I don't buy it.

Points are important no doubt... you are talking about a WDC who scored more points than anyone. There are a number of mitigating factors that should curb one's use of points as an evaluator of results. I think personally points are much more commensurate to performance for top of the grid teams than bottom feeders who are subject to mechanical gremlins and who bank on teams in front of them failing to score points. In this environment one lucky race can score you a fluke 3rd-6th and occasionally earned 7th-8th place. Thus if your teammate has a fortunate race (i.e. NH last race) he scores 6 points whereas those 6 points will be almost impossible to come by in a normal race setting when the top teams finish.

I've said it many times before... I have followed JV's career for the past 12-14 years and have watched him and analyzed his performances enough to make the assertion that he was trounced only once in his entire career and that was by Button. Again, the DR factor comes into play, but he was trounced. Massa also owned him in the first half of 05, but once JV got comfortable with the car he was on par and marginally better the rest of the year. Same thing with Nick, he has been on par or marginally better. And quite honestly, JV now is not what he was in his prime and neither is Schumi - age and technical advances will make a driver's skills obsolete to some extent.

Honestly, I hate making these long posts and wish I did not have to... it just irks the Sh#te out of me reading such mindless crap that bashes a driver who you clearly have no appreciation for and whose long-standing 'battle' with your golden boy has skewed your vision beyond repair. Schumi is an elite driver, and JV showed he was as well when given the opportunity. Get over it and get on with what's left of the season. Let JV rant away - if it makes him happy it shouldn't bother anyone on this site. They are just words that will do very little to reverse history. He is out of F1 and that should be satisfaction enough for you classless schmucks.

:clap3: Bravo! :thbup:

I think that sums both historical facts and the current situation up to such an overwhelming degree that this thread can be closed.

It is very good that you keep posting Vinsane, very good indeed!

P.S: From the posts made it is quite evident that 90% of Schu fans have a severe brain damage. The fact that you refuse to base your arguments on reality speaks volumes with regards to your understanding of the sport. It is therefore in many ways futile and a total waste of time arguing with you, but as most of you are probably kids it can be seen as an educational excersise where we can consider it a success if only one of you realise how wrong you are in your assessments of known facts.