Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Mass Dampers Is Illegal

Ive said it before many a times, and ill say it again...

F**K the FIA!!!

Any1 expected something else??

Nope

It wasn't illegal till now!!We 'll have to wait and see if Renault can bounce back...

They won't, the mass dampers made a major difference, remember how Alonso struggled 2 races ago with understeer, not only that, Fisi beat him fair and square, then made a "mistake" to let him through, I forecast more of the same....

Any1 expected something else??

not really, considering the full name of the court is the FIA International Court of Apeals for Motor Sports

They won't, the mass dampers made a major difference, remember how Alonso struggled 2 races ago with understeer, not only that, Fisi beat him fair and square, then made a "mistake" to let him through, I forecast more of the same....

Sure sure...

Alonso is 12-2 up on Fisi in race positions.... Thast good enough for me.

Hey Hows Kimi doing this year Brad?

Sure sure...

Alonso is 12-2 up on Fisi in race positions.... Thast good enough for me.

Hey Hows Kimi doing this year Brad?

His doing fabulous.... Monty could'nt touch him, 2-1 up on PDLR this year, expect Kimi to slaughter PDL from now onwards...lovely stuff...

Let's say without the mass damper illegal car, Fisi is leading Alonso 1-0... :lol:

His doing fabulous.... Monty could'nt touch him, 2-1 up on PDLR this year, expect Kimi to slaughter PDL from now onwards...lovely stuff...

Let's say without the mass damper illegal car, Fisi is leading Alonso 1-0... :lol:

:eusa_think: we have to wait and see..lol!!! :P

Mass dampers wont have much effect on title fight, only bad race for them was Germany where they made mistake with replacement system. Hungary they did no such mistake, Alonso was 2nd to only Michael in second Qualify.

Well Renault said they won't appeal so thats the end of that. I'd love to see how they came to that conclusion though since every piece of information before the appeal pointed towards it being legal the way Renault used it but illegal how others interpreted it, a legal definition of use would have made more sense if the FIA was trying to be unbias.

Was good timing anyway, 3 week break i'm sure Renault was adapting the car to cope no matter which outcome. Michelin hopefully can come out with some more competative tires aswell.

Will be all the more sweeter having Alonso beat a stronger Ferrari package and the FIA to gain the title.

F**K the FIA!!!

Crude, but effective :D

Well Renault said they won't appeal so thats the end of that. I'd love to see how they came to that conclusion though since every piece of information before the appeal pointed towards it being legal the way Renault used it but illegal how others interpreted it, a legal definition of use would have made more sense if the FIA was trying to be unbias.

Was good timing anyway, 3 week break i'm sure Renault was adapting the car to cope no matter which outcome. Michelin hopefully can come out with some more competative tires aswell.

Will be all the more sweeter having Alonso beat a stronger Ferrari package and the FIA to gain the title.

Mate, you know that in this day and age, no matter the driver, the machinery is, sadly, the deciding fator. If meatface and the pizza crew will produce a faster box-car the title will fall on kraut hands...

But, wait for it, hold on, next year it will be McLaren glory all they way to tha bank, and that is written in stone! :thbup::thbup::thbup:

Mate, you know that in this day and age, no matter the driver, the machinery is, sadly, the deciding fator. If meatface and the pizza crew will produce a faster box-car the title will fall on kraut hands...

But, wait for it, hold on, next year it will be McLaren glory all they way to tha bank, and that is written in stone! :thbup::thbup::thbup:

Well there is one way and Alonso did it to Kimi last year, put pressure on the driver infront and hope they screw up or the machinery gets pushed too far. Ferrari's proberly the most reliable car on the grid though so it's all down to making MS screw up which can only be done after beating Massa first which requires atleast equal tire performance, certainly the odd's are heavily for Ferrari now.

Well there is one way and Alonso did it to Kimi last year, put pressure on the driver infront and hope they screw up or the machinery gets pushed too far. Ferrari's proberly the most reliable car on the grid though so it's all down to making MS screw up which can only be done after beating Massa first which requires atleast equal tire performance, certainly the odd's are heavily for Ferrari now.

No he didn't!!That's just Autumnpuma's theory of Kimi "breaking his toys"!Whenever the Mclarens could win they did it except for the failures.FA didn't stress out Kimi as much as you think last year and he won't have any effect on Michael.The car and developments of each team are the ones to worry about as they can cover up any driver deficiency or driving skill(put into shade that is..).

as schumi had said before the strarting of the season "all the diference to win the title will rely on development" so since reno big development feature's gone i would doubt they can respond to ferrari's speed. eve mc laren are catching up so alonso may find himself not on the podium for a few races orr hopefully this season

F**K the FIA!!!

FIA is full of old grumpy men, are sure you want to do that? :D

The FIA court of appeals comprised of 4 judges with various backgrounds. read and form your own silly conclusions...from Paddocktalk

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modul...r=0&thold=0

John J. Cassidy (US)

John Cassidy is a senior partner at Baker Botts LLP, the law firm of James Baker II, the former US Secretary of State. He has represented a number of senior US public officials, including members of Congress and the Executive Branch, in connection with grand jury and independent counsel investigations. He has also established a substantial professional sports practice and is one of the principal legal advisors to NASCAR and the International Speedway Corporation.

Philippe Roberti de Winghe (Belgium)

Philippe Roberti de Winghe has been a member of the FIA International Court of Appeal since 1976. A leading figure in Belgian motor sport, he was President of the Royal Automobile Club of Belgium from 1997 to 2001 and President of the Belgian Sporting Court of Appeal. In 2005 he was elected to serve as the President of the Congress of the International Court of Appeal.

Anthony Scrivener QC, (UK)

Anthony Scrivener QC is one of the best-known criminal silks at the Bar, with a practice spanning more than 30 years. A former Bar chairman, his most prominent cases have included the Guildford Four, the Guinness trial and the miners

Will be interesting to see how it ranking throughout the field changes. No doubt some have had similar systems and others have not.

Be interesting to see in particular if Honda and Toyota who have come on well lately are up there in the next couple of races.

I have my doubts as they could have run these systems the last few races where Renault have not as they had a lot more to loose if Disqualified.

Wonder if they did decide to apply penalties retrospectively what happens to Buttons win. Don't think Bernie would let it happen simply because of this but stranger things have happened.

Will be interesting to see how it ranking throughout the field changes. No doubt some have had similar systems and others have not.

Be interesting to see in particular if Honda and Toyota who have come on well lately are up there in the next couple of races.

I have my doubts as they could have run these systems the last few races where Renault have not as they had a lot more to loose if Disqualified.

Wonder if they did decide to apply penalties retrospectively what happens to Buttons win. Don't think Bernie would let it happen simply because of this but stranger things have happened.

Interesting comment on Honda and Toyota :thbup: Mass Dampers - the way it woks on a F1 car (say in the Renault) is that it is "moving". The way Renault looks at it and the others looked at it is different. The rule, "you cannot have moving parts" comes into effect hence the Mass Dampers on the renault will be illeagle. This is not an INNOVATION at all according to Passcal of Toyota as he says Citreon used this long time ago and its a know engineering concept in the motor car industry. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

With these Mass Dampers, somewhere I read that it may be gaining about a 1/2 second a lap, quite possible as it would allow better handling at corners, kerbs and also will allow correct inflation and better tire performance. All ripple effects that allows the 1/2 second a lap gain.

On the contrary, I think its a SAFETY gadget as well. If a F1 car bounces off kerbs with stiff suspention settings and then have quick tire issues, this may lead to deadly accidents. FIA should look at it as a SAFETY improvement for all F1 cars and request all teams to have them planted in the cars. Just an idea.

No offense to anyone in this forum or anyone in the F1 circus! :rolleyes:

Interesting comment on Honda and Toyota :thbup: Mass Dampers - the way it woks on a F1 car (say in the Renault) is that it is "moving". The way Renault looks at it and the others looked at it is different. The rule, "you cannot have moving parts" comes into effect hence the Mass Dampers on the renault will be illeagle. This is not an INNOVATION at all according to Passcal of Toyota as he says Citreon used this long time ago and its a know engineering concept in the motor car industry. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

With these Mass Dampers, somewhere I read that it may be gaining about a 1/2 second a lap, quite possible as it would allow better handling at corners, kerbs and also will allow correct inflation and better tire performance. All ripple effects that allows the 1/2 second a lap gain.

On the contrary, I think its a SAFETY gadget as well. If a F1 car bounces off kerbs with stiff suspention settings and then have quick tire issues, this may lead to deadly accidents. FIA should look at it as a SAFETY improvement for all F1 cars and request all teams to have them planted in the cars. Just an idea.

No offense to anyone in this forum or anyone in the F1 circus! :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly it's not as simple as just being a moving part so its illegal, an engine, steering system, suspension, transmission, etc. all have moving parts but they are still legal.

The way I understand it they make the car ride kurbs and bumps aggressively without losing as much mechanical grip from varying tire contact patchs, Ferrari only needed to use it on some tracks because their bridgestone tires have a stiffer construction and McLaren never had to use it because their suspension is advanced enough to give most of the effect Renault gets from their mass damper. Also it helped tire wear which was already a big issue with the Renault, McLaren being the kindest to their tires out of the Michelin runners atleast.

Now all i've heard from the FIA is that mass damper's are giving a movable aerodynamic effect. No one seems to have or been able to explain the supposed aerodynamic effect. I was hoping some clarification would come with the appeal result but nothing yet.

I can't see it degrading or improving saftey. I do see it as a cost effective performance system, something which alot of people love to see in F1 so smaller teams can perform better then their budget would let you believe. Only way Renault are going to claw back to be on equal terms with Ferrari is to have come up with a more complex and better suspension system then McLaren in the 3 week break or else to have come up with another ingenius system to replace the mass damper while staying completey under the FIA's "it's not safe"/"it's moving aero" glare of death radar for the rest of the season.

They need to get Heikki in the T car for race weekends. Soon as they spot Mad Max in the pitlane Heikki can gun it out of the garage and run the b#####d over.

R.I.P

Here lie the mortal remains of Alonso

No more will he overtake, no more will he speed

Mass Dampers have been ruled illegal

Now Alonso is driving a donkey instead of his steed