Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Banesto And Mclaren

Banesto and McLaren

There are rumours in F1 circles that McLaren has agreed a major sponsorship deal, worth around $20m a year, with Spain's Banesto. The bank is owned by Grupo Santander and currently has 1700 branches in Spain, although there are plans to increase this number to 2000 by 2009. Banesto is best known outside Spain as the sponsor of the bicycle racing team which took Miguel Indurain to five consecutive Tour de France victories between 1991 and 1995, enjoying the association with one of Spain's top sportsmen. It is thought that a deal with McLaren, if confirmed, will be based on the same premise as Fernando Alonso is now the biggest sporting star in Spain.

Until the middle of last year Grupo Santander had shares in the Royal Bank of Scotland but the two banks are now competing openly and it may be that the Spanish bank wants to use F1 as RBS is doing with Williams.

www.grandprix.com

I hope this will eventuate. Vodaphone and Grupo Santander = +$75 M per year! :D

I read Grupo Santander's annual report and they have an operating income of +EUR9.5 Bn, a profit of EUR5.6 Bn, over 120,000 employees and are valued at a massive EUR70 Bn. Its irrellevant but that dwarfs FIAT Group that had an income of EUR223 M (FIAT S.p.a - the car division - lost EUR 850 M)! :lol:

Isent Telefonica already following Alonso aswell? the red/orange on the wings I think are ment for some phone company anyway...

Has McLaren got any tobacco sponsers? clearly they are well prepared for when tobacco eventually goes from F1 completely. *pictures Keke smoking a cig in the pitlane back in the day*

Isent Telefonica already following Alonso aswell? the red/orange on the wings I think are ment for some phone company anyway...

Has McLaren got any tobacco sponsers? clearly they are well prepared for when tobacco eventually goes from F1 completely. *pictures Keke smoking a cig in the pitlane back in the day*

Its Vodaphone coming from the pizza boys. Worth up to $60m per season and a four year deal to boot :thbup:

I believe I saw a non-tobacco sponsor on the sidepod where the 'West' used to sit, so I think they've found replacements :clap3:

I believe I saw a non-tobacco sponsor on the sidepod where the 'West' used to sit, so I think they've found replacements :clap3:

Johnny Walker replaced West at the start of the season. But as Turkey is a Moslem country I think alcohol advertisement is illegal (same i my country btw), so DIAGEO (what you saw on the sidepot and helmet visirs) is simply the name of the JW parent company.

RD came out and said that McLaren had now secured the biggest sponsor portfolio in not only the teams but also in F1 history for 2007 and onwards :king:

Johnny Walker replaced West at the start of the season. But as Turkey is a Moslem country I think alcohol advertisement is illegal (same i my country btw), so DIAGEO (what you saw on the sidepot and helmet visirs) is simply the name of the JW parent company.

RD came out and said that McLaren had now secured the biggest sponsor portfolio in not only the teams but also in F1 history for 2007 and onwards :king:

Ahhh, I see. Thanks :thbup:

i always wondered whatever happened to marlboro, does anyone know whos going to be the main sponsors for ferrari next year?

someone told me its going to change and some company from italy will sponsor but i dont know who

i always wondered whatever happened to marlboro, does anyone know whos going to be the main sponsors for ferrari next year?

someone told me its going to change and some company from italy will sponsor but i dont know who

Telecom italia :eusa_think:

Ferrari will still have Phillip Morris cash. The advertising will be gone but replaced with a suggestive livery which will keep us all buying the cancer sticks.

I just Hope this Mclaren with the most expensive advertising in f1 has pace & reliability!!!

Marlboro (or Altria, mother company of Philip Morris) has signed a deal with Ferrari that will last until 2011. It is rumored to be worth just under US$1 Bn, but means that some sponsors (such as Vodaphone) would have to go so that car itself would look more like a pack of cigarettes on wheels.

I just Hope this Mclaren with the most expensive advertising in f1 has pace & reliability!!!

Don't we all my friend!

Marlboro (or Altria, mother company of Philip Morris) has signed a deal with Ferrari that will last until 2011. It is rumored to be worth just under US$1 Bn, but means that some sponsors (such as Vodaphone) would have to go so that car itself would look more like a pack of cigarettes on wheels.

Don't we all my friend!

LOL, well said! :lol::clap3:

Wow! nice advertisement. However, every Indian friend I've met dislikes Gandhi, lol.
he was assasinated by an indian :angry:

what has the world come to :shakehead:

Wow! nice advertisement. However, every Indian friend I've met dislikes Gandhi, lol.

we don't hate Ghandhi man, He is was the cool Sh#t! If he was an F1 manager he would get more supermodels than Flavio and the teams....of course the team would go bankrupt after one race as he would refuse all foreign sponsorship.... :clap3: