Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Fisi Spun To Save Alonso

Perception is sometimes reality my friend.

DC & Fisi are not competing at the sharp end, they are journeymen drivers who have lost the sharpness but still remain 'average' It is obvious to most that MS may be on the slide, all be it marginally. This is not a bad thing as he has been near or at the top for 15 years or so - Age catches up with us all and MS is no different.

The biggest shock for me was his driving in Hungary where he tried to dice with cars 4 seconds a lap faster than him. This was not the MS that I had come to love and respect - It just didn't make sense. The problem is that MS has raised the bar so high that when he slips up we dont understand it.

I would prefer MS to retire at the end of this season rather than partner KR in 2007. It is never good to see great icons slip in performance terms and there is a high chance that KR will beat him, leaving the master to resort to the dirty tricks that can sometimes cloud his judgement. The resultant backlash will only lead to more scathing criticism and malicious attempts by some to detract from his numerous achievements. he doesn't need it IMHO.

2006 may still end with a WDC for MS which would then be a fitting send off for his legions of fans. Here's hoping.

:prayhands:

Well said :thbup: .But if MS stays he just might prove us wrong again.I was also shocked by his moves in Hungary especially and i still can't understand it.He obviously is fast enough to beat all the rest but he seems to be lacking psychologically lately.He might have already decided to retire and seems to be out of focus.

Yeah, Respect to him.

There have been several instances of this... (Guilty party in bold)

- Monty & Kimi (2006)

- Pizzonia & Webber (2004)

- Prost & Senna (1989)

Who else???

Im sure I remember Ralf doing so in the past, And the likes of Sato must have at least once...

JPM and Ralf at Indianapolis, 2002 i think - was hilarious, and patrick head's rage was caught on camera!

As for Fisi, he's not that bad at all. Its hard to explain cos in up til 2005 he looked like he should be winning races and become 1 of the best, but when he got his chance he hasnt made the most of it. He just doesnt have the sheer pace of alonso most of the time, and altho he doesnt make many mistakes he does make some, whereas alonso makes pretty much none. Renault will surely not be champions in 2007 even if their car is just as good as it has been the last 2 years

WTF THANKS PAT YOU c#ck FOR PROMOTING WRECKING THE WRONG GUY'S RACE. Heidfeld was the only one who's race was damaged. I HATE RENAULT. I HATE FISICHELLA. I HATE PAT. I HATE FLAVIO. I HATE (to a lesser extent and for different reasons) ALONSO. c#ckS, THE LOT OF YOU.

Alesi & Heidfeld (2000)

ligiers-austria.jpg

:rolleyes: Muppets

WTF THANKS PAT YOU c#ck FOR PROMOTING WRECKING THE WRONG GUY'S RACE. Heidfeld was the only one who's race was damaged. I HATE RENAULT. I HATE FISICHELLA. I HATE PAT. I HATE FLAVIO. I HATE (to a lesser extent and for different reasons) ALONSO. c#ckS, THE LOT OF YOU.

Fisi took evasive action to avoid hitting alonso, and it caused collisions. Happens all the time at the start of grands prix.

Its funny cos JPM got massive criticism for running into the back of kimi at indy, yet here is fisi getting criticised for braking to avoid his team-mate. Can't win with a lot of u guys!

pfft I don't care, I'd like the renaults to hit each other, just like Sato and Fisichella (2002)

6767.jpg

yes, me too, very much!

Sure, people might say 'He has dominated enough'. But, that's the only reason that actually sounds reasonable. Apart from that, I don't see anything else. You're saying about the race at Hungary - well you might have different reasons to like him, but the reason I was drawn towards him is because of 1) his determination and 2) he ALWAYS fights. What we saw in Hungary was typical Schumacher, he always fights, he tries to do WHATEVER he can to win something, and if something goes wrong - sure it may cause controversies, but who cares about the people in the back who are constantly grumbling just because he always manages to outwit them. The point is, I think the media, the press and everyone else are going over their limit of putting pressure on the guy, I don't see the point in retirement. And as I said, the only good reason can be: he has won too many world championships, let the new guys come in and take over from there. Well bring in the new guys, let them replace seats of useless drivers (like I mentioned in the last post) and let them verse the champion. Nothing wrong in that.

Fisi really shud consider his future on whether 2 b an F1 driver r just let ur teammate win all da races & championships cos dats what F1 is all about! Winning races so u can win da World Championship!

I would've thought that Fisi would be happier if Alonso didnt win the title, cos Alonso winning just makes Fisi looks worse. If there had been a collision Alonso would've got 100% blame, I guess it was just super-fast reaction/instinct that Fisi stopped and spun, I doubt he really thought about it, just did it

I would've thought that Fisi would be happier if Alonso didnt win the title, cos Alonso winning just makes Fisi looks worse. If there had been a collision Alonso would've got 100% blame, I guess it was just super-fast reaction/instinct that Fisi stopped and spun, I doubt he really thought about it, just did it

He's finally accepting he can't beat Alonso so is just happy he's got a drive for 2007 and Alonso won't be there making him look bad.

He's finally accepting he can't beat Alonso so is just happy he's got a drive for 2007 and Alonso won't be there making him look bad.

When I was watching a Renault spin I was hoping it was Fernando. That would of helped Ferrari big time especially if Fisi didn't spin to avoid Alonso

When I was watching a Renault spin I was hoping it was Fernando. That would of helped Ferrari big time especially if Fisi didn't spin to avoid Alonso

Hehe when I see it's a Renault spin I assume it's Fisi, when I see a McLaren wrecked I assume it's Kimi's :P

Hehe when I see it's a Renault spin I assume it's Fisi, when I see a McLaren wrecked I assume it's Kimi's :P

:clap3:

And when I see a lunatic swerving across the track and waving his arms at his competitors u can assume its alonso!

:clap3::clap3: good 1 :thbup:

[quote name='mock' post='136096' date='Aug 28 2006, 07:35 AM']Fisi Spun to Save Alonso
Team chiefs applauded Giancarlo Fisichella after the Roman spun his Renault and triggered a first corner melee in Istanbul on Sunday.

''He put himself off to ensure that he did not collide with (teammate) Fernando (Alonso),'' technical boss Pat Symonds remarked, ''which was a very sporting move.''

Isn't there something illegal about this[/quote]

He also stood behind alonso (in Germay I think) when Alonso got out the track he didn't try any pass, and that was the same race that Alonso said that he is not getting any help to win the WDC, that shows that not only Schumi is a lier in F1.

[quote name='jemstride' post='136830' date='Sep 1 2006, 03:24 AM']And when I see a lunatic swerving across the track and waving his arms at his competitors u can assume its alonso![/quote]

He learned that from Senna, I think the old guys here can tell about this.

[quote name='Player(1)' post='136779' date='Aug 31 2006, 04:03 PM']Hehe when I see it's a Renault spin I assume it's Fisi, when I see a McLaren wrecked I assume it's Kimi's :P [/quote]

When I see Alonso not acting like a clown after the race a assume that Schumi won the race :blink: :blush: :o

[quote name='Player(1)' post='136766' date='Aug 31 2006, 02:53 PM']He's finally accepting he can't beat Alonso so is just happy he's got a drive for 2007 and Alonso won't be there making him look bad.[/quote]

He can be by himself in a team and he still be a number two driver, maybe alonso's fan call this a decent team mate, do you?

He also stood behind alonso (in Germay I think) when Alonso got out the track he didn't try any pass, and that was the same race that Alonso said that he is not getting any help to win the WDC, that shows that not only Schumi is a lier in F1.

:huh: When did Schumi lie?

Goldern :clap3:

BTW, I wonder when they are gonna fix Shumachers wheel allignment so that his Ferrari doesnt take off from the line diagonally (cutting off the guy next to him) every race.

BTW, I wonder when they are gonna fix Shumachers wheel allignment so that his Ferrari doesnt take off from the line diagonally (cutting off the guy next to him) every race.

In first place that's not ilegal, in second place you don't see Schu having many first corner crashes like Montoya Or Villenueve, so what's the problem about this, what you see is that he is still wininnig race and I hope that he continues like that for at lest another 15 years.

And when I see a lunatic swerving across the track and waving his arms at his competitors u can assume its alonso!

And when I see a driver winning the WDC, I assume it's not Button............

In first place that's not ilegal, in second place you don't see Schu having many first corner crashes like Montoya Or Villenueve, so what's the problem about this, what you see is that he is still wininnig race and I hope that he continues like that for at lest another 15 years.

Correct. If he's swerving onto the 'line' it's legal at the start. If he swerves off-line in the race, it's legal once to defend his position. Everything else can be punished, if the stewards want to punish it.

Proves he can make the best out of even the worst car i guess...... :P

Proves he can make the best out of even the worst car i guess...... :P

Yes, like last year...