Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Fisi Spun To Save Alonso

If he swerves off-line in the race, it's legal once to defend his position

That's just a gentleman's agreement isn't it? It can be broken legally but there will be much frowning in the paddock

That's just a gentleman's agreement isn't it? It can be broken legally but there will be much frowning in the paddock

Think so, but too much would qualify as dangerous driving. Pioneered by the (self) righteous late great Senna.

Think so, but too much would qualify as dangerous driving. Pioneered by the (self) righteous late great Senna.

Ahoy, time to paint a star on my roof as this is the second time in history that I agree with you.

The sporting regs are pretty open to the steward's interpretation. I think the part that covers this is:

INCIDENTS: Section (52)

Incident means any occurence or series of occurences involving one or more drivers, or any action by any driver, which is reported to the stewards by the race director (or noted by the stewards and referred to the race director for investigation) which: (I'll snip the parts not needed for this...)

--forced a driver off the track;

--illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver;

--illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.

Now, this means that going off-line to prevent a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre is illegal; the 'gentlemen's agreement' is that you get one freebie.

Yeah the stewards pretty much have carte blanche over this, all you can ask for is consistency, it's alwys going to be discretionary.

Fisi Spun To Save Alonso

(= A little trick and ... (just a joke)

"Fisi Spun Shummi To Save Alonso"

3rd in the championsip in the 2005 ferrari - thats pretty good to me

Yes..for me too... :rolleyes:

Yes, spectaculary good :wacko:

:clap3: