Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Alonso Was Toying With Schumi

Fernando Alonso was toying with Michael Schumacher in the final stages of the Turkish Grand Prix and easily had control of the Ferrari, the Spaniard's race engineer Rod Nelson has claimed.

"Fernando knew that the only passing opportunities were on the back of the circuit after turn 8, and he was saving his high revs for the two straights between turns 8 and 12 - literally turning the engine up and back down around the lap," Nelson said.

"His engine engineer (Remi Taffin) and I were discussing what revs he had available to use, when we saw he was managing the situation already. It was typical Fernando - always thinking ahead, working his way around problems and delivering the goods. He was calm in the car - but I was pretty stressed on the pit-wall!"

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=173126

-----------------------

Truth?

Pscyhological warfare ?

Plain stupidness?

Bollocks?

Take your pick !

Truth of course!Is it really that hard for an F1 driver to think something like this and turn up the revs in order not to be overtaken??I face more problems on my way to work... :D

Fernando Alonso was toying with Michael Schumacher in the final stages of the Turkish Grand Prix and easily had control of the Ferrari, the Spaniard's race engineer Rod Nelson has claimed.

"Fernando knew that the only passing opportunities were on the back of the circuit after turn 8, and he was saving his high revs for the two straights between turns 8 and 12 - literally turning the engine up and back down around the lap," Nelson said.

"His engine engineer (Remi Taffin) and I were discussing what revs he had available to use, when we saw he was managing the situation already. It was typical Fernando - always thinking ahead, working his way around problems and delivering the goods. He was calm in the car - but I was pretty stressed on the pit-wall!"

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=173126

-----------------------

Truth?

Pscyhological warfare ?

Plain stupidness?

Bollocks?

Take your pick !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As easy as 1 2 3, It was almost impossible to pass in those corners, with the Renault being fast off the straights, his main problems were the rear tyres, nothing else.... I suppose he also did this at the German track too, but went off at the corner fiddling and Fisi had to save his butt!!!

Truth of course!Is it really that hard for an F1 driver to think something like this and turn up the revs in order not to be overtaken??I face more problems on my way to work... :D

Didnt Alber's ask over the radio if 16th ment he should stay in the car for session 2 of qualifying? Driver's do tend to be a little weird asking simple things like that so having Alonso not only react in this way without confirming with the team but to know enough about the car to be adjusting things within the correct limits show's alot of mental ability in an already cluttering enviroment.

Didnt Alber's ask over the radio if 16th ment he should stay in the car for session 2 of qualifying? Driver's do tend to be a little weird asking simple things like that so having Alonso not only react in this way without confirming with the team but to know enough about the car to be adjusting things within the correct limits show's alot of mental ability in an already cluttering enviroment.

I don't know...After all the c#ckpit is their workplace and as far as i know they adjust the revs the whole time!Maybe he did something worth mentioning but i can't say i'm impressed!

I'll agree that Fernando was managing the situation. I'll disagree with use of the word 'toying'.

I'll agree that Fernando was managing the situation. I'll disagree with use of the word 'toying'.

Lets just say he had everything under control..

Alonso was doing to Shumcher what the German did to him in Imola earlier this season. Two great drivers.... The best currently, no doubt about that!

Lets just say he had everything under control..

*Mario Andretti said "If everything look under contol, then you are not going fast enough"

*see "What driver had said" post for more information.

Alonso was doing to Shumcher what the German did to him in Imola earlier this season. Two great drivers.... The best currently, no doubt about that!

Endeed :thbup: but I not so sure that Raikonnen is out of that leage.

*Mario Andretti said "If everything look under contol, then you are not going fast enough"

*see "What driver had said" post for more information.

Endeed :thbup: but I not so sure that Raikonnen is out of that leage.

ofcourse raikkonen is in that league(though i am his fan,i admit the truth only) he has nursed his car to victory with clutch and gearbox problems!

He was not toying but he managed the situation like the best, he almost lost it at last turn but who wouldn't do it knowing that the best of the best it was coming behind him, that's why he was so happy at the end, not for the second place and and the two extra point, but because holding Schumi back till the end.

ofcourse raikkonen is in that league(though i am his fan,i admit the truth only) he has nursed his car to victory with clutch and gearbox problems!

I agree with you he is one of the best drivers today and I personaly think that he is better than Alonso but Alonso has a better car and team so far.

[quote name='Schumikonen' post='136582' date='Aug 30 2006, 11:27 AM']I agree with you he is one of the best drivers today and I personaly think that he is better than Alonso but Alonso has a better car and team so far.[/quote]
....sweet music to my ears ^_^

[quote name='abbas_gear' post='136581' date='Aug 30 2006, 11:25 AM']ofcourse raikkonen is in that league(though i am his fan,i admit the truth only) he has nursed his car to victory with [b]clutch and gearbox problems![/b][/quote]
French Grand Prix 2003....The team could'nt believe he could drive with that racecraft, nevertheless finish in 3rd position....

French Grand Prix 2003....The team could'nt believe he could drive with that racecraft, nevertheless finish in 3rd position....

Schumi, Spain 1994 second place with a gearbox problem, I think he had only 5th gear.

This is just for the best. it's all in my nickname you see.

He was not toying but he managed the situation like the best, he almost lost it at last turn but who wouldn't do it knowing that the best of the best it was coming behind him, that's why he was so happy at the end, not for the second place and and the two extra point, but because holding Schumi back till the end.

I agree with you he is one of the best drivers today and I personaly think that he is better than Alonso but Alonso has a better car and team so far.

i still dont know how could an overfunded and overskilled team be underperforming like this!(mclaren)

What is? That Alonso is currently the best driver on the grid and the best driver since Prost? I know how you feel, I wake up happy everyday knowing that this extraordinary talent will be driving for my favourite outfit come 2007.

I think it is big of you Brad to finally admit that you think Fernando is the best, and that you will now get both the Fernando poster and doll to have in your bedroom :thbup:

Hahahahaha Ctrl..... I was just echoing Schumikonen's sentiments... :mf_tongue:

Hahahahaha Ctrl..... I was just echoing Schumikonen's sentiments... :mf_tongue:

I don't believe a word you are saying.

After reading your posts on Alonso I see a deep admiration that you just want to scream out and share with the world, but you are hindered with the humuliation you fear will come as a result after all your Alonso bashing posts.

Don't worry my friend, its ok and its safe, no one will point a finger, they will rather admire your courage.

The force is strong with you, come over to the monobrow side.

After reading your posts on Alonso I see a deep admiration that you just want to scream out and share with the world, but you are hindered with the humuliation you fear will come as a result after all your Alonso bashing posts.

Don't worry my friend, its ok and its safe, no one will point a finger, they will rather admire your courage.

:lol: woke up in a very good mood today 'eh Ul?

Keep going, it's thoroughly entertaining :lol:

I like this post, a classic.

Brad could you possibly bare to watch your favourate driver next season in that red car with the prancing pony on the front. Thats a serious question you need to go home and think about.

:lol: woke up in a very good mood today 'eh Ul?

Keep going, it's thoroughly entertaining :lol:

Yepp, in a great mood, and it has become even better now that you have decided to come forth with your feelings towards Alonso.

I know it has been a long though process for you, but finally giving in to you unconditional admiration for Alonso will be your blessing.

So, I think it is time you share this great news with Wez. A PM would be fitting.

Good to have you on board mate :thbup:

P.S: I am expecting an Alonso mug shot as your avatar within the day.