Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Love Your Teammate

I know this has been touched on in another topic, but in the light of Fisi scarifying himself for his teammates world championship aspirations and the fact the I think its a cracking topic.... Lets bring up all the defining moments in formula 1, where teammates (for a split second at least) were NOT teamMATES.

The One's we have so far

- Monty & Kimi (2006)

- Albers and Monteiro (2006) {Jemstride}

- Pizzonia & Webber (2004)

- Jenson v Jacques (2003) {Kay_zee}

- Ralf and Monty (2002)

- Sato and Fisichella (2002) {kaisersalsek}

- Alesi & Heidfeld (2000) {kaisersalsek}

- Prost & Senna (1989)

*UPDATED as they suggested

I know this has been touched on in another topic, but in the light of Fisi scarifying himself for his teammates world championship aspirations and the fact the I think its a cracking topic.... Lets bring up all the defining moments in formula 1, where teammates (for a split second at least) were NOT teamMATES.

The One's we have so far

- Monty & Kimi (2006)

- Ralf and Monty (2002)

- Sato and Fisichella (2002)

- Alesi & Heidfeld (2000)

- Prost & Senna (1989)

Good stuff Wez,

to add,

Ralf & every other teammate he ever had

and

DEFINATELY

Mika and DC (althought teammates longer)

Mika told the media that DC would never win the championship while being his teammate, he is'nt that material...

The One's we have so far

- Monty & Kimi (2006)

- Ralf and Monty (2002)

- Sato and Fisichella (2002)

- Alesi & Heidfeld (2000)

- Prost & Senna (1989)

1989 Senna & Prost

1990 Senna & Prost

Senna hit him both times.

1989 Senna & Prost

1990 Senna & Prost

They weren't team mates in 1990, so although Senna was blatently Guilty here it doesnt count :P

For the professor of all people not to notice someone passing him on the inside in 1989 is suspicious, this incident goes to him then.

1989 Senna & Prost

1990 Senna & Prost

I remember reading Senna hit a teammate(physically) for overtaking him as a rookie teammate once.... was that Prost Ctrl??

sorry, i should say new teammate...

I remember reading Senna hit a teammate(physically) for overtaking him as a rookie teammate once.... was that Prost Ctrl??

I cant remember him ever hitting a teammate.... I do remember Senna hitting the rookie Irvine for passing Senna and unlapping himself.

sorry, i should say new teammate...

Senna did not hit Irwine, I think more like push, and he was drunk :thbup:

I cant remember him ever hitting a teammate.... I do remember Senna hitting the rookie Irvine for passing Senna and unlapping himself.

Does not matter, Seanna took out his vengence towards the race officials on Prost for not getting the clean side of the tarck as the pole sitter.

Prost was not the guilty party in 1989, an thats a fact. Between 1988 and 1993 Prost had not one collision with another driver that was caused by him, and the two he had where both with Senna.

To end it we can say that they where both clumpsy on the day ;)

To end it we can say that they where both clumpsy on the day ;)

They were also the greatest teammate partnership the formula 1 world has ever seen!

They were also the greatest teammate partnership the formula 1 world has ever seen!

Ever has seen indeed, and I think we can say with certainty ever will see.

I can't how see a partnership with the best (Prost) and the second best (Senna) of all time can be replicated. One need the two greatest talents of all time to appear at the same time and then be willing to drive for the same team. Although there is a small probablility (and I stress small) that someone will someday eclipse Prost it is unlikely that someone as close to him as Senna was would appear at the same time.

EDIT: My second fav all time team line up is Mika and DC. I really liked them together, both butt ugly but great personalities.

EDIT: My second fav all time team line up is Mika and DC. I really liked them together, both butt ugly but great personalities.

DC and Mika did work well together and McLaren were quite successful during that partnership. I think David and Mika were friends but DC said at the begining of this year that given the opportunity again he would not have let Mika past for those 2 races.

Senna did not hit Irwine, I think more like push, and he was drunk :thbup:

Senna DID punch Eddie's lights out.

Prost & Mansell didn't like each other

DC and Mika did work well together

As number 1 and number 2 :lol:

Mika told the media that DC would never win the championship while being his teammate, he is'nt that material...

He really said that??? :eusa_think:

Senna notoriously would dive for gaps that where not there and collide with someone, exactly what happened in Suzuka 1989.

Alonso (Prost - high mental agility, mechanically kind, raw speed but only when its needed and rarely makes mistakes)

Kimi (Senna - wants only 1st position, raw speed, constantly pushing and a flair for the dramatic)

Alonso/Kimi McLaren 2007!

Player(1), excellent analogies. I agree :thbup:

Senna and Irvine were arguing about Irvine unlapping himself while Senna was chasing Hill. Senna told Irvine something like 'You're not a racer, your an idiot' to which Irvine replied something like, 'if I were so slow, how come I passed you?'...the end result of this argument was Senna turning to walk away, then thinking better of it and punching Irvine in the face. Of course a punch from a little Brazillian, however fit he was, was not much to an Irishman, so Irvine wasn't knocked out or anything, he just said 'that's a lawsuit!' or somesuch as Senna stormed away.

oh autumn, why oh WHY have you turned into another "We love Lewis" bandwagon member??????????????????????????????

COME ON PIQUET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw his performance in Istanbul I became a priest in the church of Hamilton!

GO HAMILTON!! KEEP PASSING PIQUET!!! ;)

lol, yeah he is a pretty great driver (except for everyone up to Glock/Piquet in race 2 yielding to Hamilton, making him put no effort in to get his places back)!

Did you see hungary?????? HAHAHAHAHAHA COME ON PIQUET, DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, yeah he is a pretty great driver (except for everyone up to Glock/Piquet in race 2 yielding to Hamilton, making him put no effort in to get his places back)!

Did you see hungary?????? HAHAHAHAHAHA COME ON PIQUET, DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLASPHEMY!!!

EDIT: I saw what you did with your avatar :D

BLASPHEMY!!!

EDIT: I saw what you did with your avatar :D

Love your new sig mate :thbup:

You have included all the toppbananas! 11 out of 11 stars from me :D

Thanks, guys! :D

Yeah its very good... I presume you couldn't find pictures on the net of Senna & Alonso though??? What Search engine you using, it sucks. GOOGLE all the way!

Senna notoriously would dive for gaps that where not there and collide with someone, exactly what happened in Suzuka 1989.

Sure, if you say so... And JV & DH dived for gaps that where not there in 97 & 94 then!!!

Yeah its very good... I presume you couldn't find pictures on the net of Senna & Alonso though??? What Search engine you using, it sucks. GOOGLE all the way!

:lol:

I couldn't add all my favorites, but I used the drivers that defined the decades for me. I rate Prost above Senna and Fernando I admire, but it was a choice between him and Hamilton...I went for Hamilton, but just barely...

Even if Fernando isn't in the banner, it should be obvious to all that I'm a supporter of his. :D

I think Ralf took out his Jordan team-mate in 1997, either in Argentina or Nurburgring

Albers and Monteiro canada 2006!

Cant think of any others right now

I enjoy your new sig autumn... well, up to where it says 2000 anyway ;)

EDIT: YOU SUPPORT FERNANDO?! GET OUT