Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Treasure Chest Of Senna Videos

Many might know this already, but I found a great archive of F1 videos.

f1archives.com

In here you will find tons videos of senna, including Jackie Stewarts interview of Senna where Senna defends his recent accidents with other drivers....

"...I am a racing driver and I race to win..."

"...if you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver..."

I guess by Senna's standard, Alonso would never be considered to be a racing driver....

There is a another video about him contemplating retirement in 1991...he mentions that he is still young and has 2 more years at the top at the minimum, then when someone younger comes along, it would be time to retire, when someone younger is coming up who is as good as him or better than him....it would be time go go...

sadly this is what happened...a young star came, but his exit was a lot more dramatic...sigh :(

12 years, and it seems like yesterday...

Many might know this already, but I found a great archive of F1 videos.

f1archives.com

In here you will find tons videos of senna, including Jackie Stewarts interview of Senna where Senna defends his recent accidents with other drivers....

"...I am a racing driver and I race to win..."

"...if you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver..."

I guess by Senna's standard, Alonso would never be considered to be a racing driver....

There is a another video about him contemplating retirement in 1991...he mentions that he is still young and has 2 more years at the top at the minimum, then when someone younger comes along, it would be time to retire, when someone younger is coming up who is as good as him or better than him....it would be time go go...

sadly this is what happened...a young star came, but his exit was a lot more dramatic...sigh :(

12 years, and it seems like yesterday...

Problem with Senna was that the gaps he saw sometimes where not big enough to squeeze an South Sudanese woman through.

And what are you talking about 'Alonso's not a race driver by Senna's standards'? You are completely off your face mate. Next time you should not drink half a bottle of Malt before you post ;)

Problem with Senna was that the gaps he saw sometimes where not big enough to squeeze an South Sudanese woman through.

And what are you talking about 'Alonso's not a race driver by Senna's standards'? You are completely off your face mate. Next time you should not drink half a bottle of Malt before you post ;)

read before you post mate, As I said and quoted "by senna's standard....", if you don't race to win no matter what the position in the championship or the race, then you are a mediocre driver. The great drivers always race to win, regardless of the car, the championship or the situation in the race. This is the ruthlessness that drives the great.

now coming to Alonso, Last year his was pretty much unchallenged, under no pressure, Kimi was great but never could mount a serious challenge because of the car. The races where Kimi did well Alonso played for the points and finished second and never challenged for the victory. He was racing for teh championship knowing the renault was reliable and the mclaren was bound to blow, so he cruised around. Not once did he push his limit or that of the car to fight for a victory and steal it from someone else.....the only time i have seen him drive agressive was in hungry where the michelin runners romped past bridgestones...

that is what great drivers do...

However, I don't want to digress, this post is for the videos of Senna, I rather discuss those....

read before you post mate, As I said and quoted "by senna's standard....", if you don't race to win no matter what the position in the championship or the race, then you are a mediocre driver. The great drivers always race to win, regardless of the car, the championship or the situation in the race. This is the ruthlessness that drives the great.

now coming to Alonso, Last year his was pretty much unchallenged, under no pressure, Kimi was great but never could mount a serious challenge because of the car. The races where Kimi did well Alonso played for the points and finished second and never challenged for the victory. He was racing for teh championship knowing the renault was reliable and the mclaren was bound to blow, so he cruised around. Not once did he push his limit or that of the car to fight for a victory and steal it from someone else.....the only time i have seen him drive agressive was in hungry where the michelin runners romped past bridgestones...

that is what great drivers do...

However, I don't want to digress, this post is for the videos of Senna, I rather discuss those....

Finished the rest of the bottle now have you? :lol:

Alonso raced harcore for much of the season, albeit at a few races in the latter half he was more interested in the points, and understandably so. I mean, the youngest champ in the history of F1, no need to go out on a limb when you have it all set.

Besides, when he did have it in check he thrashed the field (China anyone?).

To question his talent is a waste of time. To question his willingness to race for the lead is an even bigger waste of time.

Finished the rest of the bottle now have you? :lol:

Alonso raced harcore for much of the season, albeit at a few races in the latter half he was more interested in the points, and understandably so. I mean, the youngest champ in the history of F1, no need to go out on a limb when you have it all set.

Besides, when he did have it in check he thrashed the field (China anyone?).

To question his talent is a waste of time. To question his willingness to race for the lead is an even bigger waste of time.

looks like you have been drinking something stronger than malt, lets just agree to disagree for now, I will take you up on this in another thread....I will let you puke in peace :rolleyes:

Didn't want to post this since it's pulling the thread off topic but felt it had to be said

You do know Kimi being in a much faster car there was little Alonso could do to challenge for victory right? Fifi sure wasent near Alonso so I really wouldnt say he was cruising around either. Alonso drives for victory's but in a more intelligent way so if he's in an inferior car he drives to take advantage of any mistake ahead rather then destroy the car trying to get non existing performance from it.

Anyway F1 is constantly evolving, the quotes don't so they stop being relative.

Irvine went for a gap and unlapped himself from Senna in 93, Senna didnt see Irvine as a racer for it though...Senna seemed very concerned about an accident in that situation but not if he is the one making the move because then an accident just proves he's a real racer :rolleyes: