Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

A Gift To You All From Fed Up

Ran into someone, I'd imagine.... :P

great driving from alonso! with a good car, bigger balls(than fisi) and a lil bit of luck! :clap3::thbup:

So what's so great in that video that we haven't seen before? We know the Renault launch control is great, that that is not down to the driver at all, but what else.

For the people who told me how wonderful this forum would be as soon as I leave, well try harder, I'm bored of waiting.

So what's so great in that video that we haven't seen before? We know the Renault launch control is great, that that is not down to the driver at all, but what else.

For the people who told me how wonderful this forum would be as soon as I leave, well try harder, I'm bored of waiting.

Hmm well they start a race on tires never tested which are a completely new generation made specially to understeer, with a dry weather setup and completely different gear's had to be used for corners then if it was a dry race so everyone's disadvantaged but Alonso was clearly adapting much better then anyone.

Light's go out and you hear Alonso feeling for which gear to use at the corner while avoiding other people and adapting his racing line to give a straighter exit so he can get more accelerator on and less TC.

Fifi was making mistakes and he was in the same car but with a lighter fuel load (Alonso had a full fuel tank so harder to control, especially in slippery conditions) so it wasent some super car Alonso had, he felt out the condidtion's and maximised his traction which made him go faster.

In contrast MS was using a dry weather line, very conservative gear's, wiggling out of corner's because of his line and completely riding the TC.

Not that you care or would bother to read carefully enough to understand what I just said. :unsure:

Not that you're capable of having a dicussion without resorting to personal insults.

N oteam is going to start on tyres never tested, where did you get that stupid little bit of misinformation?

Alonso was on as much a dry setup as anyone else.

Michael's start was better, done on inferior tyres, we didn't get an on board shot unfortunately.

Your Michael remark just shows your completel ignorance and bias, come up with something better mr. fanboy

Hmm well they start a race on tires never tested which are a completely new generation made specially to understeer, with a dry weather setup and completely different gear's had to be used for corners then if it was a dry race so everyone's disadvantaged but Alonso was clearly adapting much better then anyone.

Light's go out and you hear Alonso feeling for which gear to use at the corner while avoiding other people and adapting his racing line to give a straighter exit so he can get more accelerator on and less TC.

Fifi was making mistakes and he was in the same car but with a lighter fuel load (Alonso had a full fuel tank so harder to control, especially in slippery conditions) so it wasent some super car Alonso had, he felt out the condidtion's and maximised his traction which made him go faster.

In contrast MS was using a dry weather line, very conservative gear's, wiggling out of corner's because of his line and completely riding the TC.

Not that you care or would bother to read carefully enough to understand what I just said. :unsure:

the info was actually that FA was one of the very few that had rain weather setup and if you keep that in mind you can understand why he was so much quicker when the others had no grip!Anyway it was a great drive from FA and its good for him to have performances like that!

N oteam is going to start on tyres never tested, where did you get that stupid little bit of misinformation?

25 March 2005

McLaren used the damp conditions to test a new Michelin intermediate tyre, as Pedro de la Rosa and Alexander Wurz went second and third quickest in their MP4-19Bs. De la Rosa also managed to evaluate a new front-suspension package for the MP4-20 when the track dried in the afternoon and the pair eventually completed 200 laps between them, bringing the team

Ignorance and more ignorance. Wet weather testing is usually done by artificially wetting the track, Michelin had a wet test in December, and there was some rain in a tests in March where the teams tested inters, I think Renault were there too.

You are still to produce evidence telling me how this was a new compound that had never been tested...

Ignorance and more ignorance. Wet weather testing is usually done by artificially wetting the track, Michelin had a wet test in December, and there was some rain in a tests in March where the teams tested inters, I think Renault were there too.

You are still to produce evidence telling me how this was a new compound that had never been tested...

I sure hope Michelin do tests....dosent mean Renault had anything to do with them though. "I think Renault were there too." you think Ferrari let them use Mugelo when they where performing wet weather testing? they dont go travelling around together testing, RBR had Imola to themselves for a wet weather test does that mean everyone was there anyway? like I said tests where it rains and Renault is there are non existant after the introduction of the latest inter's.....whats that mean kiddies? Renault never did any testing, setup or tire evaluation for wet weather and with F1's serious lust for perfection that leave's the Renault's looking like a patch work car full of gambles.

Yet Alonso was able to get the best from it ;)

Do you even know that google can save you a lot of embarrassment?

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/season/testing...ews=tcm:3-45890

This is in March. Not quite one and a half years is it :rolleyes:

Please for heaven's sake stick to facts instead of cooking up fairy talesto make Fernando look good.

You want more?

This is in MAY this year

This morning dawned grey and wet in Barcelona, limiting the Renault F1 Team

I don't like Alonso's personality much...

Makes MS seem like a real PR person ...

But damn ..... that boy can drive

Thanks for the honesty.... Now please PM Cav and tell him how you did it.

Do you even know that google can save you a lot of embarrassment?

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/season/testing...ews=tcm:3-45890

This is in March. Not quite one and a half years is it :rolleyes:

Please for heaven's sake stick to facts instead of cooking up fairy talesto make Fernando look good.

You want more?

This is in MAY this year

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/season/testing...ews=tcm:3-48239

This was the wet test in Jerez in December by the way, which wasn't one and a half years ago either

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=1&id=123365

Do I get an apology?

After overnight rain, the team made the most of a damp track early in the day to evaluate chassis and engine set-ups in the semi-wet conditions. Once the circuit was useable with dry tyres, Heikki focused on set-up development, and continued with tyre evaluation for Michelin.
hmm "evaluate chassis and engine set-ups in the semi-wet conditions" loads of tire evaluation going on there but "Once the circuit was useable with dry tyres, Heikki focused on set-up development, and continued with tyre evaluation for Michelin" oh wait there's the tire developemt....when it's dry!

Strike one.

This morning dawned grey and wet in Barcelona, limiting the Renault F1 Team

Why are we still getting personal and wishing each other to leave? I thought this has been sorted, I come and go a lot, people have probably noticed. I don't spend time in places when people can't give an opinion because it disagrees with the majority.

Opinions can be discussed without getting the member involved into it.

I thought this has been sorted

I wish :(

This place is still better than just about every other forum I've had a look at, but it used to be better.

Im still not fussed on Alonso but even i have to admit there was some pretty skillfull driving int hat clip - especially as it was on the wet track!!!!!!

Its also nice to get more of a chance to see what its really like from the drivers perspective. I may not like Alonso but i do think he is a worthy successor to MS - though maybe only until someone better comes along :king:

This thread was meant to be a positive thread :unsure: Why are you all bickering and spoiling my party :(

Regardless of your driver preference you have to give credit where credit is due. FA was masterful in that clip and I only posted it to cheer some of you up.

Life's to short guys

:)

even though i hate alonso i would like to say this was a very impressive drive and also give a good look into how hard it s to drive on a wet track