Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

A Gift To You All From Fed Up

Great skill, patience and maturity. Early upshifts to lean on the torque and not the power. Finding the edge quickly and without fuss. Great move on Massa, not scared to go deep.

Reminded me of two things; Donny' '93 and Spain '96......you know who.

Oh, and thank you Fedup. Nice to see you making a fantastic contribution with something that we can all enjoy. I can't for the life of me see how on a beautiful thread like this with such a lovely demonstration of all the things that true petrol heads enjoy, how some still find time to be negative and argue....

Get me another Stella....

Oh, and thank you Fedup. Nice to see you making a fantastic contribution with something that we can all enjoy. I can't for the life of me see how on a beautiful thread like this with such a lovely demonstration of all the things that true petrol heads enjoy, how some still find time to be negative and argue....

:thbup:

:cheers:

This thread was meant to be a positive thread :unsure: Why are you all bickering and spoiling my party :(

Regardless of your driver preference you have to give credit where credit is due. FA was masterful in that clip and I only posted it to cheer some of you up.

Life's to short guys

:)

i enjoyed it, thank you :clap3: and as i already said obviously FA is not my fave driver but i think he shows serious skill in that clip (damn!!!) :D

wow he did take some risks didnt he. Christ he did pass alot of cars aswell lol. Great driving from Alonso. Id love to see Kimi and Him head to head that would be something. I hope its Alonso and Hamiltion or Paffett next season.

For the people who told me how wonderful this forum would be as soon as I leave, well try harder, I'm bored of waiting.

:lol: You and I might not agree on much, but I do enjoy your sense of humor!

I've heard your reasons why Alonso is ordinary but I just don't see it. If I am an ignorant sot for thinking that the video showed a masterful drive, then so be it. If the Renault was handling well that day, it was down to Alonso getting the car as he wanted it. Certainly his teammate, with all the same resources, didn't do half as well ;) .

so now we've gone from no wet testing for 18 months to limited testing in May and a proper wet test in December. So where is the evidence that Renault ran an untested compound in Hungary? At least prove that claim when your other myth has been blown apart.

Engine testing?

Button ran with a V8 engine, while Montagny used a V10, which was restricted to simulate the power of a V8.

Can you even see the hole you've dug yourself into there? Renault would take part in a test on an artificially wet track to do engine testing? With a V10? you crack me up seriously.you are so enveloped in your antagonism that you don't even bother reading or researching and make a complete idiot of yourself.

Seeing posters like you makes me even more convinced that I have a lot to contribute, the "as soon as you go everything will be great argument" isn't going to work. So you want me to leave because I disagree with you and can come up with facts to back myself up?

I have no idea what tyre they used in Hungary (since you refuse to provide any evidence), but are you done claiming that Renault have done no wet weather testing for 18 months?

December testing...let's see if there's a theme.

01 December

Both Montagny and Renault driver development programme member Jose Maria Lopez were at the wheel of R25s with restricted V10 engines, designed to simulate V8 power levels.

02 December

Renault had three drivers in action, all using restricted V10s in the R25, the quickest being regular tester Franck Montagny in sixth.

02 December

At Renault, Fisichella managed 40 laps, as he got his first taste of the team

I can't make out head or tail of what you've posted thanks to the awful shoddy formatting, or lack thereof. If you are trying to claim that Michelin did not do wet weather testing in Jerez in December (Dec. 17 iirc), you are making a prize a## of yourself, carry on :lmavfa:

You have just shown that they also managed some wet running in Australia, further refuting your claim that they have done no wet testing for 18 months :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are highly amusing and pitiable, carry on.

For the people who told me how wonderful this forum would be as soon as I leave, well try harder, I'm bored of waiting.

Yeah, I guess 36 hours should be ample time for the forum to recover :rolleyes:

I can't make out head or tail of what you've posted thanks to the awful shoddy formatting, or lack thereof. If you are trying to claim that Michelin did not do wet weather testing in Jerez in December (Dec. 17 iirc), you are making a prize a## of yourself, carry on :lmavfa:

You have just shown that they also managed some wet running in Australia, further refuting your claim that they have done no wet testing for 18 months :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are highly amusing and pitiable, carry on.

I showed when the first time Michelin got the teams to test the new thread design and it was at a time when Renault where not running which mean's Renault never test the new construction, also happens to be well after Jerez testing which completely blow's your "evidence" out of the water.

Don't even try to argue what you never even knew about ;)

I showed when the first time Michelin got the teams to test the new thread design and it was at a time when Renault where not running which mean's Renault never test the new construction, also happens to be well after Jerez testing which completely blow's your "evidence" out of the water.

Don't even try to argue what you never even knew about ;)

Well hell I wouldn't test new threads when the old ones are just fine ;)

I was a bit rude to you earlier, apologies and let us keep this civil :)

What I am asking you for is evidence that Michelin used a new compound in Hungary that they had not tested with before, your post gives a quote from Michelin saying that they tested their latest intermediate tyres in Australia and found them to be good (the fact that they were 'latest' doesn't exclude the possibility that they could have been the same ones used in Jerez), it doesn't say anything about the Hungary compounds.

Yeah, I guess 36 hours should be ample time for the forum to recover :rolleyes:

Recovering isn't the word I would use for what was happening :D

anyway...

This thread was meant to be a positive thread :unsure: Why are you all bickering and spoiling my party :(

Regardless of your driver preference you have to give credit where credit is due. FA was masterful in that clip and I only posted it to cheer some of you up.

Life's to short guys

:)

Fact is you've stated you're "giving us a gift".

1. The gift is watching a driver with the best launch control system on wet weather setup (thanks to our friend Tifosi_too's contribution in this regard) having a great advantage.

2. He follows MS (acting as a beacon here) right up to the first corner until Coulthard cut in<----I've stated this b4.

3. getting back to the master. Simply amazing. As we've now ascertained, the guy on his happy trip in a happy car having a clear advantage passes everyone relatively easily, UNTIL he encounters the master who is 4-5 seconds SLOWER on disadvantage tyres. Watch the video again guys, my heart swells with pride. MS give a defence demonstration like no other with a car on dry-weather setup sliding around... WATCH CAREFULLY HOW SHUMIE PROTECTS HIS RACING LINE....

Please give us a worthy gift Fed-Up, you're stating to sound like any other Alonso follower....

So what's so great in that video that we haven't seen before? We know the Renault launch control is great, that that is not down to the driver at all, but what else.
Fact is you've stated you're "giving us a gift".

1. The gift is watching a driver with the best launch control system on wet weather setup (thanks to our friend Tifosi_too's contribution in this regard) having a great advantage.

There is no launch control this year lads...

...just a turbo accelerator booster sprint system, yes we understand.... :wacko:

The Renault 'launch control' is a purely mechanical device and I believe Ferrari also use a variant of it...it was described in F1Racing a year ago...

The Renault 'launch control' is a purely mechanical device and I believe Ferrari also use a variant of it...it was described in F1Racing a year ago...

You mean the device that locks the clutch at the biting point? Hardly launch control...

'Hardly launch control.....'

Actually, as I see it, the Renault system is a form of launch control, albeit mechanical (and legal) in nature. It limits wheelspin from a standing start, enabling the car to 'launch' using more torque than the other cars and, as a consequence, more speed. It emulates the effect of the banned electronic launch control.

Dan, I have a feeling we are coming at this in two different directions...I'm not at all sure we disagree....

'Hardly launch control.....'

Actually, as I see it, the Renault system is a form of launch control, albeit mechanical (and legal) in nature. It limits wheelspin from a standing start, enabling the car to 'launch' using more torque than the other cars and, as a consequence, more speed. It emulates the effect of the banned electronic launch control.

Dan, I have a feeling we are coming at this in two different directions...I'm not at all sure we disagree....

I think we just have differing definitions of the term. Mine would broadly be defined as an electronic system governed by a computer program used only at the start of the race to produce as quick a getaway from the grid as possible. The current Renault system is human-governed and does not incorporate any electronics. In any case, let us move on from the semantics because an interesting discussion as to the operation of the current system awaits.

As I understand it, the device simply locks the position of the clutch at the biting point. Once the lights go out, the driver must manually manipulate the clutch and throttle to limit wheelspin. Is this not the case?

I believe you are correct, but I'll double-check it when I get home.

It certainly sounds like a simple thing, but the effect is dramatic. It eliminates wheelspin enough to give the drivers a brief 'jump' on the competition. The results of this have been demonstrated time and again over the season.

That being said, getting a jump on the competition in the first second of a start is fantastic, but what the driver does with that 'jump' is perhaps more to the point. Making up multiple positions at the start has been erroneously attributed to 'launch control', when in fact, past the first second, all the cars and drivers are facing equal conditions--the 'wheelspin moment' will have been passed.