Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Renault Finalise 2007 Driver Line-up

Briatore renews Renault contract

06 September 2006

Flavio Briatore has renewed his contract with the Renault F1 team for the 2007 and 2008 seasons. The flamboyant 56-year-old has been in charge of Renault's F1 team since it acquired the Benetton team in 2000.

The team also confirmed that it's senior staff would also stay put including technical director Bob Bell, engineering chief Pat Symonds, and engine boss Rob White.

"Under Flavio's leadership, the team achieved a remarkable double in 2005 by winning the Drivers' and Constructors' championships, and maintaining that competitiveness in 2006," Renault President Carlos Ghosn commented. "I am counting on the determination, talent and effectiveness of Flavio and the entire Renault F1 Team, under the Presidency of Alain Dassas, to once again take Renault to the forefront of Formula 1."

Flavio Briatore said, "I am delighted to continue to lead Renault's Formula 1 challenge. It is an honour to be working for one of the top global companies, and with one of the world's leading managers. The commitment and enthusiasm Carlos Ghosn has shown for the Formula 1 project over the past year has been a key factor in my decision.

Official: Briatore stays at Renault, as Kovalainen joins Fisichella

06/09/2006

Renault today announced the beginning of a new era for the reigning world champions, from the start of the 2007 season. Under the continued, dynamic leadership of Flavio Briatore and his senior technical staff, Giancarlo Fisichella and Heikki Kovalainen will lead the French manufacturer's challenge in the 2007 season, aided by a team of test drivers composed of Brazilians Ricardo Zonta and Nelson Piquet Jr.

A Stable Management Structure

The Renault F1 Team is delighted to announce that Managing Director Flavio Briatore, 56, has renewed his contract for the 2007 and 2008 seasons. Having led Renault's Formula 1 operations since 2000, when it purchased the Benetton team, Briatore is perfectly placed to manage the team into its next competitive cycle.

Furthermore, Briatore has reconfirmed the current technical management structure, which has championship-winning credentials. This will ensure continuity at the team's technical centres of Enstone (UK) and Viry-Ch

Great news in regards to the driver line up for '07. That means Kimi either has to join Alonso at McLaren or hopefully if Michael stays join him at Ferrari. :D And it's nice to see the old man is staying around for a bit too because he has done wonders with the likes of Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso in being their team bosses and managers (either cases).

He shows off a bit too much though.

IMO this is the clearest indication yet, that MS is retiring ....

Suppose you are right which is sad really. I wanted to see Kimi either with Fernando or Michael not with Pizza delivery boy. (well what Massa's occupation was before)

:clap3: really wanted Heikki in a decent team, hope he hit's the ground running even if I think he will be the biggest challenge for Alonso in the future.

Wow, so it's actually official now :clap3:

This rookie is gonna kick Fisi's a##!

This makes the Raikkonen decision more interesting...

Most probably...

I hope for Renault (and Ecaps) sake that they have an unbelievably quick car because they are not going to have a snowballs hope in hell otherwise!

Most probably...

I hope for Renault (and Ecaps) sake that they have an unbelievably quick car because they are not going to have a snowballs hope in hell otherwise!

oh yes, ecap and future Renault relationship,...

shame... :lol:

Most probably...

Well if he beat's Fifi as much as Alonso has then the team should be in good hand's with Heikki.

Test driver for them for 2 year's so I can't see why he wouldnt.

Well if he beat's Fifi as much as Alonso has then the team should be in good hand's with Heikki.

Test driver for them for 2 year's so I can't see why he wouldnt.

Im almost 99% sure he'll beat Fisi. But as a rookie he can have a poor gp's...like Rosberg. ^_^

Suppose you are right which is sad really. I wanted to see Kimi either with Fernando or Michael not with Pizza delivery boy. (well what Massa's occupation was before)

hahahaahahahaha

was'nt he a pizza delivery boy when he was young, like 7 years old or somethin?

Im almost 99% sure he'll beat Fisi. But as a rookie he can have a poor gp's...like Rosberg. ^_^

I think he might be slightly better, but make more mistakes than Fisi... Wait is that possible?

Renaults now car slogan should be: "If we can save this much money by placing ordinary boring drivers in our F1s, Imagine how much money we have saved you, by building your ordinary boring Renault!"

Rosberg wasent in an F1 car before winter testing was he? pretty sure Heikki has had alot more experience in F1 before getting a seat anyway.

You'd think kimi would have jumped at a Renault seat the way some people go on about such superior car's they make, guaranteed WDC without any skill involved :rolleyes:

Rosberg wasent in an F1 car before winter testing was he? pretty sure Heikki has had alot more experience in F1 before getting a seat anyway.

You'd think kimi would have jumped at a Renault seat the way some people go on about such superior car's they make, guaranteed WDC without any skill involved :rolleyes:

Very very very good point! :lol:

Renault future aint exactly secured Player... and they on a downcurve it seems???

oh yes, ecap and future Renault relationship,...

shame... :lol:

Not at all...I have always been a Renault Fan, and I even supported the team the years when they were out the sport.

As I said before, Renault use to get in and out the sport as fast as its championship car, so I know the feeling...

I would like to see Montagny at the team, I think he had a better knowledge of the car but well...

I will support the Fin with all my heart

The only award Renault needed was the constructor championship, now they own one with just 5 years in the circus, others had quite a lot more years and had nothing.

I

Renault future aint exactly secured Player... and they on a downcurve it seems???

Well obviously....

The King has just left them!

This is like one of those medieval movies where the king leaves his castle and swap sides. He gets a big new carriage driven by three more horses than before and a bigger castle. Just a year later he conquerors his old castle and all the hot birds in both castles want to sh@g him.

Ok what were we talkiing about??? :rolleyes:

Well when Ronnie courted Alonso it was very unsecure and Renault did nothing to deny it which backfired on them with Alonso leaving, when announcing they are looking to secure Kimi they have been talking alot about staying long term and now with flavio resigned there's little doubt they are....Kimi had his chance but even without commitment to F1 Kimi would have gotten atleast 1 WDC before they left correct? that's all he seem's to care about, not how it get's it just that he gets it.

Kimi had everything slot into place but he didnt go for it which should make you think.

I

:clap3: really wanted Heikki in a decent team, hope he hit's the ground running even if I think he will be the biggest challenge for Alonso in the future.

I don't like it! This little b#####d gets his first season in a renault which is probably going to be 1 of the best cars! Former GP2/F3000 champs like Heidfeld, Liuzzi, Rosberg have to start lower down and work their way up. I don't really know what heikki's like as a person though and have never seen him race so my view could easily change of course

I don't like it! This little b#####d gets his first season in a renault which is probably going to be 1 of the best cars! Former GP2/F3000 champs like Heidfeld, Liuzzi, Rosberg have to start lower down and work their way up. I don't really know what heikki's like as a person though and have never seen him race so my view could easily change of course

He beat MS in equal machinery already :clap3:

He beat MS in equal machinery already :clap3:

Should be interesting to see Reno with new driver line-up.

Fisi is going down..... :D:D:D:D

More finns to F1! :D

Heikki is very talent and fast driver, however he isn't mentally as strong as some other drivers.

Good driver, but no Raikkonen...

"Briatore knows; If you want to win, hire a Finn." - Finnicus, BBC Forums.

In my opinion, Renault won't have a problem at all with rookies. When I look at it, I find it another similar case just like Alonso's. Alonso was sort-of a rookie too when he joined Renault. And Renault is giving him his best days right now, and then when the driver decides to leave. Just like the case of Villenueve and Schumi, Alonso is doing the same thing. However, in the case of Villenueve, he failed MISERABLY (when he left Williams and joined BAR). Everybody thought he was going to live on in the sport, but too bad - that never happened. Even Michael too, when he left Benetton, joining a poor team (Ferrari in those days) and bringing it up took alot of hardwork and that is what makes him great today, because look at the developments he has brought upon that team. In my view, Fernando will sort of end up just like Villenueve, but time will only tell.

Back to point, the new guy won't have any sort of problems at all. Sure, he might find it difficult in the beginning, but we will see what happens. Another thing, Fisichella has a great oppurtunity too right now. That's what I like about Renault - they will make any driver famous.