Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milaszewski

Kubica - Will He Earn His First Points At Monza?

So far he proved that he's capable of finishing in top 6. But his or BMW's mistakes caused drops in his two debut races. I hope he will earn some points in Italy :)

So far he proved that he's capable of finishing in top 6. But his or BMW's mistakes caused drops in his two debut races. I hope he will earn some points in Italy :)

Fingers crossed!

Welcome Milaszewski, its good to have more Kubica fans here :specool:

To be honest .. I think, he won't. Last Sunday in Warsaw, Kubica said, that scoring a point in Mozna will be like win for him, or BMW-Sauber. He said, that BMW is now a car from middle of the grid - behind Renault, Ferrari, Honda, and in category of pace behind Williams. So ... 10-16 places are avalible for BMW if all cars finish the race. And to be honest, Nick is still better driver. Mostly because he is six years in F1 now - and to be so many years in F1 you have to be good. He has experience etc. Kubica is young, talented .. but he is rookie. At this point of career I think, that he is unable to made from BMW F1.06 something extraordinary. Most importent for Kubica will be make times similar to NH. If he done it - will be great.

In my opinion. No gamble with tyres for BMW and Kubica this time, and 12-16 grid in qualy. Something more will be an unexpected result :) And about race. For rookie, which is now for nothing more than to prepare for 2007 season the most important thing is to finish the race. Most importent for Kubica is to make times not much worst than Heidfeld. Points in this race will be like a miracle .. but he deserved this after Hungary.

10-13 in qual ... 12-13 in a race. But good luck to Robert !! :thbup: My brain will be of during the race, and I will be hoping for points :)

I don't think he'll get any points. Honda are looking better these days so there's 8 drivers in those top 4 teams who he has almost no chance of beating, plus his team-mate

To be honest .. I think, he won't. Last Sunday in Warsaw, Kubica said, that scoring a point in Mozna will be like win for him, or BMW-Sauber. He said, that BMW is now a car from middle of the grid - behind Renault, Ferrari, Honda, and in category of pace behind Williams. So ... 10-16 places are avalible for BMW if all cars finish the race. And to be honest, Nick is still better driver. Mostly because he is six years in F1 now - and to be so many years in F1 you have to be good. He has experience etc. Kubica is young, talented .. but he is rookie. At this point of career I think, that he is unable to made from BMW F1.06 something extraordinary. Most importent for Kubica will be make times similar to NH. If he done it - will be great.

In my opinion. No gamble with tyres for BMW and Kubica this time, and 12-16 grid in qualy. Something more will be an unexpected result :) And about race. For rookie, which is now for nothing more than to prepare for 2007 season the most important thing is to finish the race. Most importent for Kubica is to make times not much worst than Heidfeld. Points in this race will be like a miracle .. but he deserved this after Hungary.

10-13 in qual ... 12-13 in a race. But good luck to Robert !! :thbup: My brain will be of during the race, and I will be hoping for points :)

On paper the BMW is slower than McLaren, Renault, Ferrari, and Honda. They would be able to compete with Williams, Toyota, and RedBull. IMHO they will have to get lucky to take a point away from Monza. But hey, bigger surprises have come so far this year, Hungary anyone...If we get a similar race they might even walk away with a win :lol:

Kubica is on the steep end of the learning curve at the moment, we will witness a series of rookie mistakes from now until season's end. We saw it in Hungary and I'm not sure what happened to him in Turkey but he seemed to go backwards-perhaps he was too aggressive and his tires went away on him. Regardless, he is very good and I expect him to do well but points this weekend is asking a bit much given as others have pointed out the teams which are quicker will be occupying the points positions. I think Kubica is learning first hand that its one thing to test the car, quite another to race it. I think BMW made a mistake with JV, they could have extracted more out of him in terms of helping them develop the car by giving him a one year extension and let Kubica hone his testing and driving skills on all the circuits for one more year-the guy is only 21 for crying out loud!! I know, I know, I'm a depressed JVian, its just sad to see a rookie come in and do an inferior job to the driver you were rooting for.

"I'm a depressed JVian, its just sad to see a rookie come in and do an inferior job to the driver you were rooting for."

Don't be so sad ;) I tell you something. You as a JV fan had fantastic moments. When he won Indy 500, when he was second in F1 championship (1996) .. and then, when he finaly won the Formula 1 (1997). You should be happy, that you were able to be with JV in F1 for ... 10 years !! This year, or even 2005 you should taken as a bonus after not greates races in BAR and Renault. So .. be happy.

Look at me :) I'm F1 fan for 15 years. For 15 years I had to choose foreign drivers etc. That's the first time, when I have a countryman in F1, and it's something very special for me. When I met Kubica, I have told him one thing - "I won't championship from you, even to win races, I just hope, that you will stay in F1 for some time". And I hope, that he will :) But anyway I still be also Button and Sato fan ...

"I'm a depressed JVian, its just sad to see a rookie come in and do an inferior job to the driver you were rooting for."

Don't be so sad ;) I tell you something. You as a JV fan had fantastic moments. When he won Indy 500, when he was second in F1 championship (1996) .. and then, when he finaly won the Formula 1 (1997). You should be happy, that you were able to be with JV in F1 for ... 10 years !! This year, or even 2005 you should taken as a bonus after not greates races in BAR and Renault. So .. be happy.

Look at me :) I'm F1 fan for 15 years. For 15 years I had to choose foreign drivers etc. That's the first time, when I have a countryman in F1, and it's something very special for me. When I met Kubica, I have told him one thing - "I won't championship from you, even to win races, I just hope, that you will stay in F1 for some time". And I hope, that he will :) But anyway I still be also Button and Sato fan ...

Buczer,

Thanks for the positive comments, JV did have a great career no doubt and it has to come to an end at some time doesn't it. The only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the fact he was in that Sh#tbox at BAR when he peaked as a driver and noone could see how good he was because the damn car was a box on wheels. He should have jumped to Renault or Mclaren when they were making their offers to him.I'm happy for you that you have a Polish driver to root for, I'm pretty sure he will do well, I just hope they didn't rush him in too quickly, he will have a lot of pressure to deal with.

I don't think he'll get any points. Honda are looking better these days so there's 8 drivers in those top 4 teams who he has almost no chance of beating, plus his team-mate

Will be difficult to get into the points, however his driving is improving and it's just a matter of time before he scores his 1st point!

I hope he'll get some points! :D

He'll score some points sooner than later... he did a good job for his first 2 GP except a couple of mistakes... and actually he should have already scored as he was demoted from 8th place for a ridiculous 2k.

On paper the BMW is slower than McLaren, Renault, Ferrari, and Honda. They would be able to compete with Williams, Toyota, and RedBull. IMHO they will have to get lucky to take a point away from Monza. But hey, bigger surprises have come so far this year, Hungary anyone...If we get a similar race they might even walk away with a win :lol:

BMW are suited to fast tracks like monza. JV and Kubica were the fastest during test sessions at Monza a couple of months ago (before canadian GP). At that test JV was concentrating on the Canada setup and Kubica on the setup for Monza. So I would say that BMW will show some good speed, but not sure if it would be good enough for points.

If there's a huge collision and people are flying everywhere and he gets lucky (like button in hungary :naughty: ) then why not?

Button didnt benefit from any collisions though did he, he was ahead of all the cars that left the track or crashed

If there's a huge collision and people are flying everywhere and he gets lucky (like button in hungary :naughty: ) then why not?

We could have some rain this weekend anything is still posible, I personally would like to see him finishing between both Ferraris and Alonso just to take some points out of him.

Button didnt benefit from any collisions though did he, he was ahead of all the cars that left the track or crashed

Please don't...

Fisi, Kimi (safety car followed), Schu tangling with someone, and finally Alonso whom lost his wheel...No Button hardly benefitted from any collisions... :wacko:

Please don't...

Fisi, Kimi (safety car followed), Schu tangling with someone, and finally Alonso whom lost his wheel...No Button hardly benefitted from any collisions... :wacko:

I've got the race on video, want to borrow it? Button overtook Fisi on his charge up to 4th. Fisi flew off when Button was long gone ahead. Kimi crashed but judging by his pace I think Button and Alonso would've got past him well before the end. Button was also well ahead of Schu when he crashed (thats the dumbest example of the lot cos schu crashed near the end when Button was 30 secs ahead in the lead, so how u can say JB benefited from that, baffles me). Button benefited from Alonso's retirement, altho my truly HONEST opinion (i promise!) is that Button would've finished ahead anyway

I've got the race on video, want to borrow it? Button overtook Fisi on his charge up to 4th. Fisi flew off when Button was long gone ahead. Kimi crashed but judging by his pace I think Button and Alonso would've got past him well before the end. Button was also well ahead of Schu when he crashed (thats the dumbest example of the lot cos schu crashed near the end when Button was 30 secs ahead in the lead, so how u can say JB benefited from that, baffles me). Button benefited from Alonso's retirement, altho my truly HONEST opinion (i promise!) is that Button would've finished ahead anyway

So when did Schu come in to change his front wing (after crashing with Fisi)? Was he infront or behind JB at the time?

Kimi crashed which caused the SC, JB did not benefit from this?

And finally Alonso's retirement.

That is three rece incidents which REALLY helped his way to victory.

So when did Schu come in to change his front wing (after crashing with Fisi)? Was he infront or behind JB at the time?

Kimi crashed which caused the SC, JB did not benefit from this?

And finally Alonso's retirement.

That is three rece incidents which REALLY helped his way to victory.

In your opinion. And do u really think kimi and Schu had the race pace in hungary to beat Button on that day? I really dont think so. Even without kimi and schu's problems, Alonso and JB would've been 1st and 2nd, cant say what order though cos it was heading for a great battle near the end, with Button seeming to have over a second a lap on alonso

If you have the video could you please give me the gap between JB and FA when the safety car came out? What about JB and DLR? Even, what was the distance between JB and Schu when he needed a new nose?

To claim JB did not get lucky is hilarious and you bloody well know it.

Button benefited from safety car period but that doesnt mean his win was lucky. And Button had overtaken Massa, Fisi and Schuey BEFORE schuey crashed into Fisi, so that particular point of yours can be discarded. Safety car helped but it didnt get Jenson past DLR and then give him a 30 sec lead over him did it. Alonso's retirement, we'll never know what would've happened but we all saw that jenson was going a lot faster leading up to their pit stops.

Button benefited from safety car period but that doesnt mean his win was lucky. And Button had overtaken Massa, Fisi and Schuey BEFORE schuey crashed into Fisi, so that particular point of yours can be discarded. Safety car helped but it didnt get Jenson past DLR and then give him a 30 sec lead over him did it. Alonso's retirement, we'll never know what would've happened but we all saw that jenson was going a lot faster leading up to their pit stops.

At least we are making progress. You have now gone from proclaiming JB did not benefit from any chrashes to admitting he at least benefitted from two.

At least we are making progress. You have now gone from proclaiming JB did not benefit from any chrashes to admitting he at least benefitted from two.

Well pretty much everyone behind Kimi benefited from his crash but they didnt win the race, JB did. And I still believe that Button would've won the race even if Alonso hadnt retired

I was just having a little bit of fun. Button drove well, and yes I think he would've overtaken Alonso too if it wasn't for the crash as he had the best pace on track. He deserved that win, his name is in the history book and that's all that matters.

In your opinion. And do u really think kimi and Schu had the race pace in hungary to beat Button on that day? I really dont think so. Even without kimi and schu's problems, Alonso and JB would've been 1st and 2nd, cant say what order though cos it was heading for a great battle near the end, with Button seeming to have over a second a lap on alonso

You can see it like that or you can see this way:

With ferrari pace in dry conditions, if MS had changed to dry tire he would be soon in first place leaving FA and JB fighting for 2nd and 3rd position.