Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyDreamF1

If Ms Retire ...

Welcome to the Forum!

Well, this season will be exciting no matter if Schu decides to retire or not ;)

But for 2007 there are many decent drivers whom are more than capable to stop Alonso winning anything in 2007.

Ferrari: Kimi and Massa would probably have decent machinery, where the former is the most likely contender.

Renault: Heikki could be a sruprise and if Renault manages to produce a good car he could be of hinderance to Fernando.

Honda: Jenson is fast, and its about time Honda got their act together.

Toyota: Their drivers (IMHO) stink but they might be fast.

And then there is the uncertainty at McLaren. Will Newey's departing have a huge impact? Will they produce a turkey or will Paragon start to pay dividend. I for one have much faith in the staff at McLaren, and now that the engine reliability has been sorted out coupled with the biggest sponsor income in the history of the sport and the arrival of Ferando they look to become real contenders come 2007 :thbup:

Welcome to the Forum!

Well, this season will be exciting no matter if Schu decides to retire or not ;)

But for 2007 there are many decent drivers whom are more than capable to stop Alonso winning anything in 2007.

Ferrari: Kimi and Massa would probably have decent machinery, where the former is the most likely contender.

Renault: Heikki could be a sruprise and if Renault manages to produce a good car he could be of hinderance to Fernando.

Honda: Jenson is fast, and its about time Honda got their act together.

Toyota: Their drivers (IMHO) stink but they might be fast.

And then there is the uncertainty at McLaren. Will Newey's departing have a huge impact? Will they produce a turkey or will Paragon start to pay dividend. I for one have much faith in the staff at McLaren, and now that the engine reliability has been sorted out coupled with the biggest sponsor income in the history of the sport and the arrival of Ferando they look to become real contenders come 2007 :thbup:

Don't forget that Michelin will be out next year, so Alonso won't have that advantage eather, I think that Massa and kimi will be the strongest drivers next year, like you said there so many drivers that can do a good job, but we have to wait and see how their team will be doing, we had seen many good performances from drivers like Webber, Rosberg, Trulli, ... but their teams are not consistent enough to be real challenger for the title, so all we can do now is wait and see.

Don't forget that Michelin will be out next year, so Alonso won't have that advantage eather, I think that Massa and kimi will be the strongest drivers next year, like you said there so many drivers that can do a good job, but we have to wait and see how their team will be doing, we had seen many good performances from drivers like Webber, Rosberg, Trulli, ... but their teams are not consistent enough to be real challenger for the title, so all we can do now is wait and see.

You are absolutely right, I forgot about the control tyres. Nevertheless, I don't think Ferrari will walk away with the titles. Both Williams and Toyota as you said have done reasonably well after switching tyres, so I think the rest will too. I don't know when they can start working with the tyres (hopefully they would be allowed to do so after the last race as Michelin would do hard by rejecting them) so that leaves a good 5 mmonths to get things sorted. Game on 2007, glory for McLaren, pain and suffering for Ferrari and BMW :thbup:

If Schumacher goes he will become a new legend, joining the golden list of F1 drivers, but F1 is F1, a lot of extraordinary drivers had left the sport and the F1 goes on, F1 is older than Schumacher, the new breed of drivers are coming up, new heroes, new villains, new action.

and by the way, welcome to the forum. :)

I got this from updateF1:

(GMM) Fernando Alonso said at Monza on Thursday that he hoped speculation about championship rival Michael Schumacher's looming retirement from formula one is not true.

''It is always good to compete against a great champion,'' the Spaniard was quoted as saying by Sport-Informations-Dienst, ''and it is better to beat Michael than anybody else.''

The 25-year-old Renault driver admitted that it would be 'really difficult' to ever surpass Schumacher's achievements, including nigh on 90 grand prix wins.

Alonso also thinks that, whatever Schumacher's announcement on Sunday, the German's focus on winning the drivers' title will be undiminished in the last four races of 2006.

''His motivation will stay the same,'' Fernando said. ''He will continue to aim for the championship with all of his effort.''

Puts Alonso in a different light than most people want to see him in.

from my own view

MS - Great Driver (Still remember when he is driving a non turbo against the mighty turbo car tho he didnt win)

Alonso - Great Driver (can really see his aggressive move all the time)

Kimi - Great Driver (but he is an unlucky dog period)

Mass - Fast driver but not great

Jenson - Not really Front runner

Fisi - Good only some track but most of the time cant perform

I do think that current driver other than MS & FA i dont see any great driver.

I got this from updateF1:

(GMM) Fernando Alonso said at Monza on Thursday that he hoped speculation about championship rival Michael Schumacher's looming retirement from formula one is not true.

''It is always good to compete against a great champion,'' the Spaniard was quoted as saying by Sport-Informations-Dienst, ''and it is better to beat Michael than anybody else.''

The 25-year-old Renault driver admitted that it would be 'really difficult' to ever surpass Schumacher's achievements, including nigh on 90 grand prix wins.

Alonso also thinks that, whatever Schumacher's announcement on Sunday, the German's focus on winning the drivers' title will be undiminished in the last four races of 2006.

''His motivation will stay the same,'' Fernando said. ''He will continue to aim for the championship with all of his effort.''

Alonso is an absolute gem. He has a good personality and it's only grumpy old farts like pumpdoc ( :mf_tongue: ) whom can't stand seeing this 'upstart' whiping the floor with their old 'hero'.

If Alonso keeps having a competitive car and satys in F1 as long as Schu he will most vertainly surpass the 90 GP win record, easy.

from my own view

MS - Great Driver (Still remember when he is driving a non turbo against the mighty turbo car tho he didnt win)

Alonso - Great Driver (can really see his aggressive move all the time)

Kimi - Great Driver (but he is an unlucky dog period)

Mass - Fast driver but not great

Jenson - Not really Front runner

Fisi - Good only some track but most of the time cant perform

I do think that current driver other than MS & FA i dont see any great driver.

I agree with you. Although I do see Jenson becoming WDC if he has the machinery to do it (but then again so would probably Tiago).

Maybe he's just 'toying' with Schumacher, mind games ??

I know this thread has moved onto the subject of alonso, but in response to the opening post my prediction is that Kimi and ferrari are going to take the 2007 titles. Their previous experience with bridgestone will help, plus renault and mclaren are going through changes at the moment. With f1 you never know who's going to be frontrunners til they start racing, but I think Kimi will have the best chance next year

I know this thread has moved onto the subject of alonso, but in response to the opening post my prediction is that Kimi and ferrari are going to take the 2007 titles. Their previous experience with bridgestone will help, plus renault and mclaren are going through changes at the moment. With f1 you never know who's going to be frontrunners til they start racing, but I think Kimi will have the best chance next year

Well I guess you are right. The changes Ferrari are going through don't count at all. It's like water on the goose, ey?

Well I guess you are right. The changes Ferrari are going through don't count at all. It's like water on the goose, ey?

Well we dont know for sure what ross brawn or todt are doing next year, I'm assuming they're staying on. What changes do u mean?

Don't forget that Michelin will be out next year, so Alonso won't have that advantage eather

You mean Ferrari won't have the advantage of being the only front runner with bridgestones. Alonso would still have an advantage from the strong start to the season but Ferrari wouldnt have been able to pull it back without superior tires this year.

I'm 99% McLaren will still be the easiest on it's tires in 2007 aswell so it's all shaping up nicely :king:

I wouldnt be so sure, the car isnt designed by Newey so may not have the same characteristics as the last couple of years (which have been easy on the tyres)

You mean Ferrari won't have the advantage of being the only front runner with bridgestones. Alonso would still have an advantage from the strong start to the season but Ferrari wouldnt have been able to pull it back without superior tires this year.

I'm 99% McLaren will still be the easiest on it's tires in 2007 aswell so it's all shaping up nicely :king:

I meant what alonso said that tyres makes the difference in F1 and next year he won't have that difference, so he won't be faster than any Ferrari driver just because of the tyres, so if Michelin was his advantage like he said next year he will be struggling without Michelin, that's obvious, so ferrari will continues being fast with brigestone, Mclaren and Reanult will need to design the car to suit the new Brigestone and they will need to get a lot of data to be ready, data that Ferrari and all brigestone's team already have and that's just the beggining.

I meant what alonso said that tyres makes the difference in F1 and next year he won't have that difference, so he won't be faster than any Ferrari driver just because of the tyres, so if Michelin was his advantage like he said next year he will be struggling without Michelin, that's obvious, so ferrari will continues being fast with brigestone, Mclaren and Reanult will need to design the car to suit the new Brigestone and they will need to get a lot of data to be ready, data that Ferrari and all brigestone's team already have and that's just the beggining.

Why did Ferrari test gp2 tires if there are so ready?

Fighting a Ferrari with the same tire is much easier then with michelin's

1-Why did Ferrari test gp2 tires if there are so ready?

2-Fighting a Ferrari with the same tire is much easier then with michelin's

1- those were slicks tyres and there will not be slicks tyres in F-1 next year so that was just a comparative test.

2-That's only parcially true, because Michelin had the advantage in some circuits and in some weather like Hungary, so in cases like those is better to have Michelin's than a Brigestone's.

1- those were slicks tyres and there will not be slicks tyres in F-1 next year so that was just a comparative test.

2-That's only parcially true, because Michelin had the advantage in some circuits and in some weather like Hungary, so in cases like those is better to have Michelin's than a Brigestone's.

Exactly, if they are slick's whats being tested? being a control tire the compound will be different then what Ferrari's used to.

You think Ferrari would have been gaining chunk's of points back if Renault was on Bridgestones? easier playing the different strengths and weaknesses of the car's against each other (McLaren/Renault 2005) rather then playing the car's and tire's strengths/weaknesses against each other.

Exactly, if they are slick's whats being tested? being a control tire the compound will be different then what Ferrari's used to.

You think Ferrari would have been gaining chunk's of points back if Renault was on Bridgestones? easier playing the different strengths and weaknesses of the car's against each other (McLaren/Renault 2005) rather then playing the car's and tire's strengths/weaknesses against each other.

It's all up to the the design, Reanult's car was design to use Michelin, and the Mass damper made some difference too, maybe all the difference was in those two points, we had seen a different Renault since USA and especially after the mass damper's ban, they haven't won a single race again, so you can no say how would they perform with brigestone, wait unitl next year and you will see.

It's all up to the the design, Reanult's car was design to use Michelin, and the Mass damper made some difference too, maybe all the difference was in those two points, we had seen a different Renault since USA and especially after the mass damper's ban, they haven't won a single race again, so you can no say how would they perform with brigestone, wait unitl next year and you will see.

With Toyota getting up and by them in those races you cant deny it's purely Bridgestone that made that happen. Renault's a better car then Toyota's even without TMD's so they would have been alot closer to the Ferrari's. McLaren wouldnt be bothered by Toyota either.

With Toyota getting up and by them in those races you cant deny it's purely Bridgestone that made that happen. Renault's a better car then Toyota's even without TMD's so they would have been alot closer to the Ferrari's. McLaren wouldnt be bothered by Toyota either.

I don't think it's only brigestone you need a good car to make some good result no only a tyre, Sato Albers and Monteiro can tell you about this.

I don't think it's only brigestone you need a good car to make some good result no only a tyre, Sato Albers and Monteiro can tell you about this.

I'm talking about tire advantages not miracles.

for all you MS check out here

www.michael-please-stay-in-f1.com

send the maestro a message :king: not that itll make a blind bit of difference but hey its all good fun :clap3:

Alonso is an absolute gem. He has a good personality and it's only grumpy old farts like pumpdoc ( :mf_tongue: ) whom can't stand seeing this 'upstart' whiping the floor with their old 'hero'.

If Alonso keeps having a competitive car and satys in F1 as long as Schu he will most vertainly surpass the 90 GP win record, easy.

I agree with you. Although I do see Jenson becoming WDC if he has the machinery to do it (but then again so would probably Tiago).

Now I know you are smoking crack........................Kimi, once he gets into the bullitproof Ferrari will dominate............ :D

Now I know you are smoking crack........................Kimi, once he gets into the bullitproof Ferrari will dominate............ :D

Hah, the reliability won't last. Kimi is going to import some gremlins from McLaren, and woppie, you are all of a sudden supporting nothing more than a pimped up FIAT Pinto :lol: