Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Peter Brock Dead In Race Crash

Racing driver Peter Brock has died in a racing accident in Western Australia, the WA Police Major Crash Squad has confirmed.

The nine-times Bathurst 1000 winner was taking part in the Targa rally event in WA. The accident involved only his car, which crashed into a tree.

Brock, 61, was driving a 5.7 litre Chevrolet V8 Daytona sports car in the Targa race.

The 1150kg car was built as a modern interpretation of the 1965 Shelby Daytona, which dominated the World Sports Car Championship that year.

Brock's co-driver was to be Mick Hone, a Melbourne motorcycle dealer who was team manager for the Works Suzuki team in 2000.

Source:Peter Brock

Sadly Australia has the suffered another death of an icon in Peter Brock.

Rest in Peace Peter. :(

BUGGER 2 in 1 week! :(

Like Steven Irwin, he died doing what he loved. My condolences to Peter's family & friends.

Rest In Peace - :byebye::icon2_flag:

BUGGER 2 in 1 week! :(

Like Steven Irwin, he died doing what he loved. My condolences to Peter's family & friends.

Rest In Peace - :byebye::icon2_flag:

Very true.

Australia is in a state of shock at the moment.

It makes you realise just how fickle life is.

This is extremely sad news as he was Australia's greatest V8 Supercar driver and a really nice person.

Here is the only video i can find of him (he is in the old car)

Weird! I was just reading a book about this guy recently, I had never even heard of him before I read it, and it was talking about what a legend he is in australia. Thats motorsport for you, still dangerous, as shown with Da Matta's current state

Weird! I was just reading a book about this guy recently, I had never even heard of him before I read it, and it was talking about what a legend he is in australia. Thats motorsport for you, still dangerous, as shown with Da Matta's current state

If you ask any person in Australia to name one race car driver (even if they no nothing about motor sport) they would most likely say Peter Brock. He was a brilliant race driver and a great person. He was a true Aussie legend.

I wouldn't Say Brock....

RIP Brock, but god please don't let this be the irwin thing all over again.

RIP Peter! You Aussies are really having a bad week. Aparently he was more famous than Steve in Australia?

RIP Peter! You Aussies are really having a bad week. Aparently he was more famous than Steve in Australia?

He was. Easily. Peter Brock was too V8 Supercars what Arton Senna was too Formula 1.

He was. Easily. Peter Brock was too V8 Supercars what Arton Senna was too Formula 1.

No. Not to be picky but...

Steve was ten times as famous here.

Every kid knows him. Ask a kid about Brock and you'll get 'huh?'

To those under 25 Brock is someone they have heard of from the past, Steve on the other hand appealed to all.

No. Not to be picky but...

Steve was ten times as famous here.

Every kid knows him. Ask a kid about Brock and you'll get 'huh?'

To those under 25 Brock is someone they have heard of from the past, Steve on the other hand appealed to all.

Im not going to get into a arguement about which dead guy Australia loved more but nothing changes the fact that Peter Brock is probably Australia's most famous racing car driver of all time.

Neither appealed t me, but I would surey agree Irwin was better know in Australia.

Brock had been out of the game to long really, Im 20 and I didn't really see much of him.

Brock had been out of the game to long really, Im 20 and I didn't really see much of him.

Im only 18 and i saw him on tv lots. I guess your not a V8 Supercar fan then because to any V8 fan Peter Brock was like a god.

Neither appealed t me, but I would surey agree Irwin was better know in Australia.

Hey Sato, I have been meaning to ask, are you Australian? And if so where from?

I know he lives in Australia but im not certain if he is Australian.

Australian born and bread. I live on the Central Coast (north of Sydney), but I work just west of Sydney (out bankstown way)