Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Rb Vs. Fm

RB Vs. FM  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better driver, having driven equal machinery

• Felipe Massa
    • Reubens Barrichello

With the season almost over, and both drivers having driven the same car at some point of time, who is the better driver ?? Tricky ? Surely RB is fading in to obscurity at Honda, and his position is probably worse behind JB than it was with MS. From a front row gridder to a mid gridder.

Maybe we need one more poll - Did RB make a mistake in leaving Ferrari ?? With MS's retirement would he have not become the first driver ?

Massa is doing better this year, in currently the best car, but if you compare their careers and performances over the last few years, Massa hasnt done anything like Rubens has, and has been far more inconsistent

Current year - Massa by teeny bit, if we look a bit further back, maybe still Rubens, by a bit.

MAssa can plead inexperience though, so it would be a no brainer if some team boss had to decide which one to hire.

for me i think this is a hard one to choose :eusa_think:

i think i would go for Massa even though i am a big fan of RB - i think he did a really good job of playing tail gunner for MS & when allowed to he was right up there with him on numerous occasions.

However he still made quite a few errors & seemed to continue making them - one glaring are he was rubbish in was the restarts behind safety cars - how many times did we see him loose his lead because he simply got it all wrong (most notable was Indy when Schumy passed him going over the line)

With Massa, ok hes made a few blatant errors but hes in his first season with Ferrari & personally i think if he was kept on he would soon put these behind him - he seems to keep improving & learning (though i admit i thought it was a huge mistake when he was first signed!!!!!)

so yeah i think Massa gets my vote but i also really hope RB gets his finger out & starts really kicking a## at Honda & doesnt just fade away

However he still made quite a few errors & seemed to continue making them - one glaring are he was rubbish in was the restarts behind safety cars - how many times did we see him loose his lead because he simply got it all wrong (most notable was Indy when Schumy passed him going over the line)

Must correct you on a big error - The Indy moment you're referring to wasnt to do with safety cars and rubens messing up, Schuey was in the lead and wanted a 'photo finish' with both cars crossing the line together. But schuey messed up and actually allowed Rubens to cross the line about .001 seconds ahead!

Can anyone tell me if Rubens won a race in his first year at Ferrari?

I'll vote later.

From 18th on the grid at Hockenheim 2000.

Much faster than Massa :D

for me i think this is a hard one to choose :eusa_think:

i think i would go for Massa even though i am a big fan of RB - i think he did a really good job of playing tail gunner for MS & when allowed to he was right up there with him on numerous occasions.

There were times during the last 4 Ferrari dominating years, and we saw this clearly, when Rubens would be absolutely untouchable. We would see Micheal scurrying about, "stealing" his setup, studying his telemetry... Rubens did a very good job. The fact that he could do this during the time Micheal reached his peak was simply phenomenal. Micheal has lost some of his form because of age, and now "makes" Massa at times look very good. But againts a driver like Kimi Massa will have a hard time, especially under pressure.

Rubens it is for me...

No, but the race was thrashed by a runner on the track. Would have been a McLaren 1-2.

I remember that. It really p**sed me off then and it still p**ses me off just thinking about it.

No, but the race was thrashed by a runner on the track. Would have been a McLaren 1-2.

Cryin shame :snigger:

So I will vote FM, he won his first from the front and was not gifted it from a unexpected event.

Cryin shame :snigger:

So I will vote FM, he won his first from the front and was not gifted it from a unexpected event.

I don't agree, ofcourse.

Ruebens beat a much racier Schu during his carreer. Also, is first win he did manage to beat the rather racy McLarens.

And yes, it was a damn shame. Had the 1-2 eventuated it would have bee a clean sweep, WCC and WDC, instead McLaren came up empty :(

I don't agree, ofcourse.

Ruebens beat a much racier Schu during his carreer. Also, is first win he did manage to beat the rather racy McLarens.

And yes, it was a damn shame. Had the 1-2 eventuated it would have bee a clean sweep, WCC and WDC, instead McLaren came up empty :(

Can you remind me who was winning. Was it Mika or David?