Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Rb Vs. Fm

RB Vs. FM  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better driver, having driven equal machinery

• Felipe Massa
    • Reubens Barrichello

I'm surprised to see Rubens winning the poll. The general opinion in Brazil is that Barrichello is a s##tty driver who never tried hard enough to be a champion. That's certainly because of his years at Ferrari. People here don't forgive the fact that he agreed to be Michael's bitch for 6 years, and he is hugely disrespected and even ridiculed for that.

There was always a big pressure on him because he was replacing Senna as Brazil's main driver, and when he finally got a chance to prove his talent on a top car, he showed that he was, in fact, nothing like Ayrton.

Felipe Massa divides opinions. Some people bash him (like most people on this forum) for being too inconsistent, other people praise him for being at least eager and ambitious. Also, he was the one Brazilian to finally win at Interlagos after 13 years since the last victory by Senna. So that was a big deal to a lot of people.

As for my opinion, I think Massa is much faster and has a different, much better attitude. The only aspect where I see Barrichello being superior is in his wet driving. He is certainly one of the best on the grid at that.

But it's hard to compare a driver that is close to retire to 28 year-old who has several years of career ahead of him.

I'm surprised to see Rubens winning the poll. The general opinion in Brazil is that Barrichello is a s##tty driver who never tried hard enough to be a champion. That's certainly because of his years at Ferrari. People here don't forgive the fact that he agreed to be Michael's bitch for 6 years, and he is hugely disrespected and even ridiculed for that.

There was always a big pressure on him because he was replacing Senna as Brazil's main driver, and when he finally got a chance to prove his talent on a top car, he showed that he was, in fact, nothing like Ayrton.

Felipe Massa divides opinions. Some people bash him (like most people on this forum) for being too inconsistent, other people praise him for being at least eager and ambitious. Also, he was the one Brazilian to finally win at Interlagos after 13 years since the last victory by Senna. So that was a big deal to a lot of people.

As for my opinion, I think Massa is much faster and has a different, much better attitude. The only aspect where I see Barrichello being superior is in his wet driving. He is certainly one of the best on the grid at that.

But it's hard to compare a driver that is close to retire to 28 year-old who has several years of career ahead of him.

well, it does'nt help that you're Massa's lackey and keeps wiping the floor that he pees on constantly, so much for those dirty underwear he keeps wearing weeks on end when on a winning streak... I'm sure glad I voted for Barrichello, he is a nice good person who is liked by almost everybody, except maybe those imaginery people from brazil you so highly speak off. He has a heart of gold and could've been champion twice.

Err, "imaginary people"? If you find it so hard to believe, go do some research or just ask Katy. If you don't want to, then shut the **** up.

Anyway, I'm just saying what the general opinion is around here - because it caught my attention that it is so different than the board's, but I don't share that general opinion, I don't think Barrichello is a s##tty driver and I don't think it's even fair to compare him to Massa. Had you read my post until the end, you would know that.

well, it does'nt help that you're Massa's lackey and keeps wiping the floor that he pees on constantly, so much for those dirty underwear he keeps wearing weeks on end when on a winning streak...

Looks like some of my posts about your beloved Kimi got you butthurt. Grow up.

Err, "imaginary people"? If you find it so hard to believe, go do some research or just ask Katy. If you don't want to, then shut the **** up.

Anyway, I'm just saying what the general opinion is around here - because it caught my attention that it is so different than the board's, but I don't share that general opinion, I don't think Barrichello is a bad driver and I don't think it's even fair to compare him to Massa. Had you read my post until the end, you would know that.

Looks like some of my posts about your beloved Kimi got you butthurt. Grow up.

:D sure sure....there's nothing like a good ole spat to liven things up abit on TF1 forums.... just way too quiet around here :D

You know I had respect for you cos of your Torres ava so don't make it vanish!

:lol::lol:

Alright. Lets consider it evens. You have a picture of Olivier Panis in your signature, so my dislike of Felipe evens that out!!! :lol::lol:;)

I was amazed when I found that Barrichello had such a low image in Brazil. In all honesty, I was never too fond of Rubinho during his Ferrari years. Like many, I hated his attitude towards the Number 2 status. Not to mention that whoever drives a Ferrari deserves eternal damnation for that.

But besides that, the guy has been always impressive since his Stewart years. Before becoming Schumi's bitch he actually beat Schumi. For all of you who bever saw a Stewart car, it was like the Force India, minus the speed.

Even with Schumi he might have been his number two. But never a too distant one. Hockenheim was a witness of a guy that could take a great car and make it look even better.

Massa? He is not greater than his car so far.

What about Irvine v Barichello v Massa?

Irvine was not as loveable a character, but in his Ferrari years he was quick and for a time was one of the best team mates Schui had....

Irvine was closer to beat Schumi than Rubinho ever was. In fact, I will always suspect that between Mika and Schumi they got some kind of "unofficial" arrangement to prevent Irvine from getting his WDC. But maybe I was too paranoid at the time.

Anyways, Irvine was great. But I still think Rubinho was no less than Irvine. It's just that Irvine was less docile, but not really a better driver than Rubens.

Irvine was closer to beat Schumi than Rubinho ever was. In fact, I will always suspect that between Mika and Schumi they got some kind of "unofficial" arrangement to prevent Irvine from getting his WDC. But maybe I was too paranoid at the time.

Anyways, Irvine was great. But I still think Rubinho was no less than Irvine. It's just that Irvine was less docile, but not really a better driver than Rubens.

O/T - Irv was god-damned ****ing sexy! :lol:

Yeah he was, but he was Schumi's bitch, so he's spoiled goods :whistling::lol:

:D I think Eddie was under-rated as a driver in the Ferrari though. Were it not for the infamous competition clause (which of course, never existed :) ) I think there would have been a few occasions where he would have stolen races off Schui.

He was certainly a good wing-man.

:D I think Eddie was under-rated as a driver in the Ferrari though. Were it not for the infamous competition clause (which of course, never existed :) ) I think there would have been a few occasions where he would have stolen races off Schui.

He was certainly a good wing-man.

He wasn't too shabby at all. However, he himself said on a few occasions that he didn't know how Schumi was so quick, which was telling in itself. Obviously it was the extra 100kg of ballast they added to Irv the Swirv's car, but that's not the principle :whistling:

He wasn't too shabby at all. However, he himself said on a few occasions that he didn't know how Schumi was so quick, which was telling in itself. Obviously it was the extra 100kg of ballast they added to Irv the Swirv's car, but that's not the principle :whistling:

Or the concrete they put in his tyres :D

No, didn't slow him down enough, they tried gravy too, but the Marmite they put in it corroded the tyre rims :D

:lol:

It would make you hungry every time you drove, the smell of gravy cooking - mmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah he was, but he was Schumi's bitch, so he's spoiled goods :whistling::lol:

Schumi's bitch or not, I'd have took him for a test drive. ;):lol:

:D sure sure....there's nothing like a good ole spat to liven things up abit on TF1 forums.... just way too quiet around here :D

Finally some tension around here! Since Shane left these forums were nearly dead but to be safe I'll classify this as a pending fight!

A qualifying lap or a full race with pit stops ?? :eusa_think:

Nah, Schumi could not drive a full race.

He is too old.

Oh, I forgot to mention I dreamt Barrichello had won the World Championship but then I was not too sure whether it was him or Felipe Massa.

I remember the Brazilian flag, the anthem, etcetera.

:eusa_think:

[quote name='AleHop' post='260996' date='Jul 30 2008, 04:28 PM']Oh, I forgot to mention I dreamt Barrichello had won the World Championship but then I was not too sure whether it was him or Felipe Massa.

I remember the Brazilian flag, the anthem, etcetera.

:eusa_think: [/quote]

You weren't dreaming. Just probably remembering Ayrton Senna. ;)

You weren't dreaming. Just probably remembering Ayrton Senna. ;)

It was probably that. :lol:

[The story about the dream is true]

Barrichello or Massa winning a WDC? Of course he was dreaming. :lol:

Senna raising from his grave and winning the WDC with Force India sounds more realistic.