Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso Penalised For Blocking Massa

@UrKo

Ofcourse I did.

Guys please post here, does the parabolica belong to the last sector or not?

It in 3rd....

i mixed it ;) ......but a honest mistake....at least i admit my mistakes , but could not say the same for cavallino

Parabolica belongs to the last sector according to the map, the green legend says 'end of sector' so clearly it is in sec 3.

Another thing, this precedent was set long back when JV was penalized for holding up Fisi.As I recall Fisi was not really that close to JV and the stewards even ruled that it was unintentional but still penalized JV.Alonso was on an out lap and had to yield to Massa I guess.

@UrKo

Ofcourse I did.

Guys please post here, does the parabolica belong to the last sector or not?

As you can see from the map,

It is in Sector 3, obviously as it is right near the end of the lap. The lap runs clockwise, the markers denote the end of the sectors. Sector 2 ends just before the Ascari chicane, as you can see from the S2 marker on the map.

When FA was already out of turn 1....FM was not even braking to go in turn 1..... was close though but not....

So that means FA was ahead for at least 3 sec....

Sorry my mistake ( typo) I meant when qualifying started.....few min. before....

The green line indicates where the sector ends.

Guys who is your money on for the Race and Championship WIN in Constructors and Drivers?

The green line indicates where the sector ends.

Guys who is your money on for the Race and Championship WIN in Constructors and Drivers?

Thank you....i really didnt know that.... :bow::bow::bow:

I feel so educated now.... :lol::lol::lol:

As you can see from the map,

It is in Sector 3, obviously as it is right near the end of the lap. The lap runs clockwise, the markers denote the end of the sectors. Sector 2 ends just before the Ascari chicane, as you can see from the S2 marker on the map.

Read post #26..... i guess you also dont see very well....or were you too impatient and just had to post a reply and not read posts..... :lol::lol::lol:

had to yield to Massa I guess.

I guess every1 must yield to FM and MS, because how can Ferrari win both titles if they wont yield.

Thank you....i really didnt know that.... :bow::bow::bow:

I feel so educated now.... :lol::lol::lol:

Read post #26..... i guess you also dont see very well....or were you too impatient and just had to post a reply and not read posts..... :lol::lol::lol:

I guess every1 must yield to FM and MS, because how can Ferrari win both titles if they wont yield.

Thee is absolutely nothing wrong with making mistakes, but the belligerence and abuse is unnecessary. As this is an unmoderated forum, I simply treat people the same way they treat me.

UrKo, you can spare the rhetoric.This rule has been enforced before in similar situations like I've said.If the stewards pushed down Alonso, they have only done what has been done in many other quali sessions this year.The car not on the fast lap has to yeild.I feel sorry for Alonso because he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time;he could not slow down to let Massa through because he himself was trying to beat the clock to get in his fast lap.

And to answer you....parabolica is in S2.....remember it's just a few 100m after he variante ascari.

you have little clue about what you are saying.

after my initial reaction i went read the stewards decision and agree that there might have been some unintentional blocking by Alonso. It wasn't aparent, but by the end of that lap Massa was almost at the back of Alonso, and close enough to have his lap time affected in parabolica.

the decision is made, i think its unfair, but most think not, thats F1, and the race got a little more interesting now....This would the first time alonso would have to charge from mid pack in Dry (the rain changed things in hungary). lets see what the world champ has got.

My guess,

Schumi, Kimi, Massa for 1-2-3 and Alonso will finish 5th.

Thee is absolutely nothing wrong with making mistakes, but the belligerence and abuse is unnecessary. As this is an unmoderated forum, I simply treat people the same way they treat me.

Fair enough....

All cool..... :smoke:

you have little clue about what you are saying.

Like i said before....read post #26....my mistake i mixed the Sectors......i admit it....

This would the first time alonso would have to charge from mid pack in Dry (the rain changed things in hungary). lets see what the world champ has got.

My guess,

Well im not FA fan but still i think that the champ has shown to all here that he knows how to drive ( wet and dry ).

Schumi, Kimi, Massa for 1-2-3 and Alonso will finish 5th.

I hope you're wrong.....i must say I would really enjoy to see Ferraris DNF in Monza....

UrKo, you can spare the rhetoric.This rule has been enforced before in similar situations like I've said.If the stewards pushed down Alonso, they have only done what has been done in many other quali sessions this year.The car not on the fast lap has to yeild.I feel sorry for Alonso because he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time;he could not slow down to let Massa through because he himself was trying to beat the clock to get in his fast lap.

Sorry to say but double standards are common thing in F1....usually in Ferari favour.

FA was ahead more than enough....FM just said that so that they could punish FA...Massa would never get the pole today....

Anyways all this si common in F1, we gotto to accept them.

Yep Renault and Alonso did an amazing job but got caught out on a technicality.

I do wonder though...did Massa cross the line behind Alonso or go into the pits? If he crossed the line did he get there before the session ended?

Yep Renault and Alonso did an amazing job but got caught out on a technicality.

I do wonder though...did Massa cross the line behind Alonso or go into the pits? If he crossed the line did he get there before the session ended?

He crossed the line, not sure if before the session ended....y?

He crossed the line, not sure if before the session ended....y?

If he didnt get there before the end of the session that's atleast 2 seconds behind Alonso...a fair amount anyone would admit. I bet we'll see car's following each other through the final turn much closer tomorrow then Massa attempted.

I've no doubt Massa backed off a bit to reinforce their claim. Clever way to force a foul on the other team, i'm sure most team's would think of it in time but few would actually do it.

Go Michael go :clap3:

I dont think that Massa was blocked, but on the other hand, Im not surprised there has been a penalty imposed on Alonso.

Its all a ploy on someones part.

PS non related. To Chris Strange. I was wondering where in Switzerland do you live?

If you dont mind the question.

I watched this live and never once thought that Alonso had to get out of the way. This video clip only confirms. Bad call !!

I used to really dislike Alonso but I find myself cheering him on. ( to my surprise )

Good luck FA!! :thbup:

I've changed my mind in light of that video evidence and the always wise words of Pat Symonds

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54386

Formula One has become too 'politically correct' and the stewards are making inconsistent judgements, a furious Pat Symonds said this evening following the decision to penalise Fernando Alonso and demote him to 10th place on the grid.

The Spaniard had his three fastest laps of the final session in qualifying removed by the stewards, who said he had impeded Ferrari's Felipe Massa in the session today. As a result, Alonso has been demoted from fifth to 10th.

Yet Renault's director of engineering Symonds firmly believes Alonso did not impede the Brazilian, and in fact helped him gain time by getting a tow from the Renault car.

"I don't understand the penalty, because we don't feel we impeded him," Symonds said. "This is a circuit where we are always trying to get a tow - especially in qualifying. Massa was 100 metres behind Alonso, so he got a nice tow, and I don't see it as a hindrance.

"I looked at Ferrari's telemetry, and [Massa] gained time on the back straight and was quicker into Parabolica than before. He lifted in the middle of the corner. To me, it looked like a mistake but he claimed he was losing downforce."

But Symonds was particularly vocal about the influx of penalties handed out this season for blocking in qualifying, and warned that Formula One is stepping away from its core appeal as a racing series.

"It seems that we have forgotten what qualifying was like up until 2003, when half the field complained of traffic," the Briton said. "We seem to have forgotten what racing is about.

"We are so politically correct now, and I don't know what is coming next. Maybe indicators, to see whether drivers want to go left or right?"

He further criticised the stewards' inconsistency, claiming rivals Ferrari have been getting away unpunished with similar infringements.

"It's difficult to fight like this," he stated, "when you see Ferrari changing direction as many times as they wanted before the first corner in Turkey and nothing happens, and then we get penalised like this."

Symonds also stated that Alonso could well have won from fifth place tomorrow, but the penalty has vastly diminished their chances of victory, at such a crucial stage of the championship.

"We had a genuine winning strategy staring from fifth, and it will be a lot harder from 10th," Symonds said.

"Not only because it is so hard to overtake, but because we are in the middle of the pack and a lot happens there on the first lap."

The video/audio back's that up for me. If it was a race Alonso wouldnt even be getting blue flags if Massa was coming to lap him.

He shouldnt receive any penalt at all!

Because mistakes that MS did were so obvious that they had to give him the penalty...the rpessure was huge.

Just remember Monaco......FIA needed till midnight to give the penalty to MS...... 10 hours

Tell when did FIA decided 10 hours for other drivers???

And also in Hungary....they needed a lot more time to decide to give him the same penlaty.....

So yes.....FIA works for Ferrari and they support Ferrari.

Not really strong evidence to come to your conclusion, as those incidents were all completely different.

Alonso was on an out-lap so had to give way to massa

Not really strong evidence to come to your conclusion, as those incidents were all completely different.

Alonso was on an out-lap so had to give way to massa

Are we sure it was that lap or the lap after they crossed the line because both made it through to do another lap? Alonso was quick though on his lap that was provisionally 5th until the penalty struck him down.

Im not an Alonso fan but I think the penalty was unfair, 0.4 at parabolica sounds a bit too much for me.

Massa is just a brick in the Ferrari Schumi game.

well well

Lets hope we all get a entertaining race tomorrow!

I think Alonso should have moved over on the final straight and let Massa through. Alonso should have paid more attention when he was following MS to the first chicane. Michael will win, Massa will be second, Kimi will be third. This will be a near repeat of Hockenheim.