Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso Penalised For Blocking Massa

Post of the millenium! great job, any chance you can stick it on youtube?

I can tell about this that the incr view is not a good one to see how far hte car infront really is, usually looks like is a litlle far from what really is. Another thing a can tell you is that Massa was on a flying lap while Alonso was on his out lap, Massa was going down the straight and Alonso was coming out of the pits with a lot less speed than Massa, and there are something that you didn't see on that video is what lap is that, they were together in Alonso's out lap and during Alonso's flying lap in that video you could see that the gap weas not more than two seconds so Massa had another chance too.

We had to get a video with both laps to make a fear judgement, I saw the qualifying session on Speed and i can tell you that I didn,t see like Alonso was blocking Massa but we had to keep in mind that Massa had been faster all weekend and last week test too, so is not a surprise that he was faster than Alonso during that lap, I didn't see Alonso getting away from Massa and his car had some body damage so I think that is posible that Alonso without any other intention than getting to the start line in time, could had blocked Massa maybe in his out lap, but he had no other choice than doing that, everybody would do the same if he yielded to Massa he would not had another chance to get a better starting position, that's the way I see it, maybe he did without any intention, maybe is not a fear penalty but they have their rules and they have a lot more information than us.

Agree with the previous comment, if Alonso yields to Massa, time is out for him to attempt a fast lap, so he had no real choice. And, btw, on the issue of fairness, I am still wating for a penalty on Schumi for his failure to yield to De la Rosa in Hungary....

Agree with the previous comment, if Alonso yields to Massa, time is out for him to attempt a fast lap, so he had no real choice. And, btw, on the issue of fairness, I am still wating for a penalty on Schumi for his failure to yield to De la Rosa in Hungary....

Do you really think that??They were fighting for position in the race...!As for the penalty, well i guess it was handed out for some reason.The in-car camera always provides a "wrong" distance evaluation.If you watch the race tomorrow and how things look in/out of car, its very easy to see.Also there is the downforce issue with FA not allowing the aero on FM's car to work properly and this is qualifying not the race.If FM was simply losing grip because FA wouldn't get out of the way then it is ruining his lap time.Poor Alonso...

Go Schumi :lol:

:welcome:

me too, he cut across the chicane and maintained position after that, which is illegal. i remember that the drivers were furious at michael at the GPDA meeting at turkey.....

i think michael is getting senile with age. where is that little cute chin boy we once knew? :blush:

me too, he cut across the chicane and maintained position after that, which is illegal. i remember that the drivers were furious at michael at the GPDA meeting at turkey.....

i think michael is getting senile with age. where is that little cute chin boy we once knew? :blush:

and then let go..

Are you a Renault fan disguised as a Tifosi!?!?

:goldeneye:

I do wonder though...did Massa cross the line behind Alonso or go into the pits?

Christ would you bother to find out the most basic facts before posting? Why on earth would Massa go into the pits if he is setting a hot lap?

If he didnt get there before the end of the session that's atleast 2 seconds behind Alonso

He did.

No it's not, did you watch Webber and Alonso at Monaco last year?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P05Ehhev6PM

Alonso ignored the chicane for no reason, Michael had to go off track because Pedro left no room for him.

Think for yourself rather than just reading opinions off rubbish news sites.

CAV you offensive ignorant git, leave Christ out of this.

Here is the bottom line. The FIA will do whatever it takes to help nudge MS and Ferrari toward the championship. Witness the "tire rule changes" a few years ago when Bridgestone shod Ferrari could not keep up.

Ultimate end of this is that Formula one is becoming nothing more than a high speed, boring soap opera. It sure ain't about the racing anymore!

I cant believe that Fiarrari fans could be happy with this, its to sad...like puma said is pathetic... but be happy, you red fans should be proud.

CAV you offensive ignorant git, leave Christ out of this.

Shut up you retarded moron.

This is just the sort of behaviour I'd have expected from the Monza stewards. Pathetic.

Monza stewards :huh: What Monza stewards? One steward is from Monza, one is from Venezuela and the head steward is the one who's always been there all season.

I cant believe that Fiarrari fans could be happy with this, its to sad...like puma said is pathetic... but be happy, you red fans should be proud.

I am positively delighted considering the atrocious decisions handed down to Michael at Monaco and Hungary, people were all calling for consistency and the same steward, when they get it they still complain. Where were you when your lovely FIARenault complained in the Nurburgring for exactly the same offence and Villeneuve received the same penalty?

I've changed my mind in light of that video evidence and the always wise words of Pat Symonds

Excellent statement by Pat Symonds... :thbup::thbup::thbup:

[quote name='Player(1)' post='138205' date='Sep 9 2006, 08:11 PM']I've no doubt Massa backed off a bit to reinforce their claim. Clever way to force a foul on the other team, i'm sure most team's would think of it in time but few would actually do it.[/quote]
Once again, your judgement is clouded by your apparent dislike of all things Ferrari. Why would Felipe have risked backing off? You are too hung up on conspiracy theory. The FIA decision was wrong, i agree but don't suggest that Felipe was the plotter.

[quote name='Autumnpuma' post='138244' date='Sep 10 2006, 04:20 AM']This is just the sort of behaviour I'd have expected from the Monza stewards. Pathetic.[/quote]
Well, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. I don't agree with it either.

[quote name='ecapdeville' post='138246' date='Sep 10 2006, 04:41 AM']I cant believe that Fiarrari fans could be happy with this, its to sad...like puma said is pathetic... but be happy, you red fans should be proud.[/quote]
Does it help Michael? yes. Am i happy about it? no.

[quote name='cavallino' post='138249' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:05 AM']Shut up you retarded moron.[/quote]
Cav, that's a stupid remark if i may say so. Some people can be extremely offended by the blasphemous nature of the use of the name Christ so be a little more diplomatic, and less retarded and moronic.

Back on topic, my view is that the penalty is too harsh. Even if Massa was impeded by Fernando at Parabolica (the only place where potentially he was affected) i agree with Symonds; sometimes this happens in qualifying. As it is, Fernando seemed far enough in front for there to have been any significant affect.

Most Ferrari fans are rubbing their hands, understandably. It doesn't mean that the decision was right but you can't blame them for their windfall. If i were as scepiticle as all the Renault fans though i could suggest that maybe Renault timed their run to deliberately hold up Felipe. I wouldn't do that though because that would be as stupid as some of the assertions being made about Ferrari and the FIA.

Alonso's luck is coming to an end and he is tasting his own medicine. He followed Schu closely during the early part of Q3, got caught out and overshot into the chicane, thus ruining his qualifying tires. I suspected that Alonso had mistaken Massa's red car as Schu's (A short distance behind Massa) and continued with his gamesmanship/revenge ..... which ultimately led to FIA's decision.

This only shows that Ferrari will do anything to win the title....and its fans dont know when to judge right from wrong.....

One more thing.....When SA had a puncture...there was a red flag.....why they didnt stop the Q when FA had a puncture????

He had to drive whole lap and the clock was ticking......

The FIA will do whatever it takes to help nudge MS and Ferrari toward the championship.

Why would they do that? :eusa_think:

I don't see any reason, and I am pretty sure that there is nothing true about this, I maybe wrong but I need a valid rason to believe something like this, and what makes me think this way is that people who think like that are still following F1, I would quit if I thing that FIA can be "supporting" a team like this.

Once again, your judgement is clouded by your apparent dislike of all things Ferrari. Why would Felipe have risked backing off? You are too hung up on conspiracy theory. The FIA decision was wrong, i agree but don't suggest that Felipe was the plotter.

My guess is that JT was the main plotter with FM next to him..... :thbdn::thbdn::thbdn::thbdn:

I guess all I can say is that what goes around comes around. Fisichella blamed Villeneuve for blocking him at Nurburging. JV was heavily penalized, I guess after that precedent was set, all a driver has to do is blame the driver in front of him to cover up for his poor lap. Renault believed the poor SOB fisichella and protested. Now renault get a taste of their own medicine. Alonso's penalty wasn't fair, but in F1 these days fairness is not really an issue.....its a show, get on with it!

....and its fans dont know when to judge right from wrong.....

One more thing.....When SA had a puncture...there was a red flag.....why they didnt stop the Q when FA had a puncture????

Well i think the same could be said about non Ferrari fans, but anyway......

I think they were more concerned by the debris left by Yamamoto. I know that Fernando lost some bits but maybe it wasn't so dangerous....i don't know.

But no, come on let's suggest that it was another move to help Ferrari. That's far more exciting......

Why would they do that? :eusa_think:

I don't see any reason, and I am pretty sure that there is nothing true about this, I maybe wrong but I need a valid rason to believe something like this, and what makes me think this way is that people who think like that are still following F1, I would quit if I thing that FIA can be "supporting" a team like this.

Reason is that we like the this sport.....sad part is that FIA will never be impartial.

F1 should not run under FIA rules.....

Well i think the same could be said about non Ferrari fans, but anyway......

I think they were more concerned by the debris left by Yamamoto. I know that Fernando lost some bits but maybe it wasn't so dangerous....i don't know.

I guess you didnt see the debris flying off FA car after his tyre exploded???

But no, come on let's suggest that it was another move to help Ferrari. That's far more exciting......

Yet another move....how many they will have till end of the season????

Here is the bottom line. The FIA will do whatever it takes to help nudge MS and Ferrari toward the championship. Witness the "tire rule changes" a few years ago when Bridgestone shod Ferrari could not keep up.

Dude if anything FIA should be favouring Renault. All this talk about FIA favouring Ferrari is ridiculous. Flavio and Bernie are Business Partners, They co own the GP2 series and have had partnerships and joint ownerships of teams and companies before. So if anything Renault should be the favoured child of FIA not Ferrari!

I guess all I can say is that what goes around comes around. Fisichella blamed Villeneuve for blocking him at Nurburging. JV was heavily penalized, I guess after that precedent was set, all a driver has to do is blame the driver in front of him to cover up for his poor lap. Renault believed the poor SOB fisichella and protested. Now renault get a taste of their own medicine. Alonso's penalty wasn't fair, but in F1 these days fairness is not really an issue.....its a show, get on with it!

These professional drivers have eyes like eagles. They know every twist & turn made by the driver infront. Any foul play displayed by a driver would be returned in full in the same race or the next.

Well, I guess that makes F1 entertaining after all these years!

Game on. Yo, ho, ho, and a bottle of rum .. . . ..

This only shows that Ferrari will do anything to win the title....and its fans dont know when to judge right from wrong.....

So Ferrari is controling the race as I can see here, Jean Todd called the race director and told him " don't get the red flag out, let him get out of time, then they told Massa "wait until FA gets out the pits, go behind him and lets acuse him of blocking" this is really a Soft Opera, you can really believe everything just to justify that you are loosing ground, I know that Alonso didn't have any other choice than doing that, and all of you have to know that Massa was on a flying lap and FA on his out lap, and yes he had to yield in this conditions but he didn't because he had no choice, he did his best, but race stewards did their job too.

What I haven't found is any place talking about ferrari complaining, all I have found about this is that stewards did this by themselves, so ferrari had nothing to do with it, once again I can be wrong but...

My guess is that JT was the main plotter with FM next to him..... :thbdn::thbdn::thbdn::thbdn:

Yeah, a 'guess'. Tell me how that would have worked then?....

I 'guess' that Fernando p**ses in Shell's tanks overnight.

I 'guess' that Pat symonds is paying someone at Bridgestone to using chewing gum in the compounds.

I 'guess' that Bob Bell can electronically adjust Fernando's car using his mind alone.

I 'guess' that Flavio has nitrous oxide infused aftershave which he secretly pours into Fernando's fuel tank.

I 'guess' that Fisichella hypnotised Michael at a party to make him go crazy when he sees Renault blue.

It's true, all of it......i guess.