Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c21

Kubica And BMW

Speaking about LUCK...

From my point of view:

Heidfeld was lucky in GP Hungary, because many retirements helped him to achieve 3rd place.

Kubica was unlucky in GP Hungary, because he had one spin, one crash with front wing changing and wrong decision about not changing his tyres during last pit stop.

Kubica and Heidfeld were both unlucky in Turkey.

Kubica wasn't unlucky on Monza. He just showed his real performance that actually wasn't hard to notice during GP Turkey and GP Hungary if you took a closer look at his driving.

Kubica is a big feather in Baron Von Theisens cap, that thud you heard after the race was from all of the JVians hitting the floor and crying :lol:

I don't know what to say. About Schumacher, and Kubica. You could be Schumi fan, or not ... but he is/was part of F1. The greatest driver ever in two categories:

- most important F1 records (WDC, PP)

- in polarizing F1 fans

I remember time, when I was Schumacher fan (1996-2000). It was a time, specially after A1 2002, when I lost my good attitude to him. I can even say, that now, F1 should be more interesting. But ... I'm not happy. I'm not Schumi fan, I support Alonso since 2004. But he (Schumi) is not just a driver in F1. He is a part of F1. He is racing there for more than 15 years !! And F1 is a part of me. He was the last great man from the "golden era". He has been racing against Senna, Prost, Mansell, Hill, Hakkinen, Piquet .. he could be tired now. But he is/was a link, beetwen F1 world with grooved tyres, and golden era with Senna. It's something special for me. One thing is sure. In 2007 F1 won't be the same. F1 will be searching for a new hero. Kimi, Alonso .. maybe Kubica? But this is the end of some era. And last dinosaur just died. And I'm not happy. Anyway Schumi choosed the best moment to retire. Not like Damon, Nigel. I quite sad, even If i'm thinking, than in 2007 F1 will be more competitive. Even If I'm not biggest Michael fan.

And Kubica in his 3rd GP, on podium. With Schumacher. Kubica made his first podium, and Schumacher last Monza win. 3rd race for Kubica, and only 3rd races left for Schumacher. I'm very happy, that fate give Robert a chance, to fight against his idol on track. Robert is from a new generations of drivers, but he will be linked with such drivers as Schumi. Someday he could go to Poland, and tell us (polish people) about it. Great. I don't know, maybe my post is stupid. Probably is hehe :) I'm sorry for that. That's just a strange F1 day for me ...

And this pic. For me is pricelessles.

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msckubiw3.jpg

All Poland shoud be proud :clap3:

"Proud" :) I'm just happy. But I don't know what makes me more proud. That he (Kubica) was 3rd today ... or, because he was on podium with Schumacher. I know. I'm happy, because Schumi gave hand to Kubica on podium, and proud, of Kubica performance. I'm happy, that Schumacher knows when is time for "good-bye" ... but ... ehh. Dosen't matter. I just feel now a little strange. Since 2000 I wasn't MS supporter. I think, that F1 will be better now. But on the other hand, that is end of some era. I don't know how to say, but as Alonso supporter, I will miss Schumacher. I better go now. I'm starting talking BS :D;)

I don't know what to say. About Schumacher, and Kubica. You could be Schumi fan, or not ... but he is/was part of F1. The greatest driver ever in two categories:

- most important F1 records (WDC, PP)

- in polarizing F1 fans

I remember time, when I was Schumacher fan (1996-2000). It was a time, specially after A1 2002, when I lost my good attitude to him. I can even say, that now, F1 should be more interesting. But ... I'm not happy. I'm not Schumi fan, I support Alonso since 2004. But he (Schumi) is not just a driver in F1. He is a part of F1. He is racing there for more than 15 years !! And F1 is a part of me. He was the last great man from the "golden era". He has been racing against Senna, Prost, Mansell, Hill, Hakkinen, Piquet .. he could be tired now. But he is/was a link, beetwen F1 world with grooved tyres, and golden era with Senna. It's something special for me. One thing is sure. In 2007 F1 won't be the same. F1 will be searching for a new hero. Kimi, Alonso .. maybe Kubica? But this is the end of some era. And last dinosaur just died. And I'm not happy. Anyway Schumi choosed the best moment to retire. Not like Damon, Nigel. I quite sad, even If i'm thinking, than in 2007 F1 will be more competitive. Even If I'm not biggest Michael fan.

And Kubica in his 3rd GP, on podium. With Schumacher. Kubica made his first podium, and Schumacher last Monza win. 3rd race for Kubica, and only 3rd races left for Schumacher. I'm very happy, that fate give Robert a chance, to fight against his idol on track. Robert is from a new generations of drivers, but he will be linked with such drivers as Schumi. Someday he could go to Poland, and tell us (polish people) about it. Great. I don't know, maybe my post is stupid. Probably is hehe :) I'm sorry for that. That's just a strange F1 day for me ...

And this pic. For me is pricelessles.

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msckubiw3.jpg

Great Picture, you can see the admiration in Kubica's eyes and the respect in Schumacher's smile. This photo is the gem! :clap3:

ya,indeed...great picture....great moment for qbitzaaaa .... as well as for me.....sauber fans..... :)

though i'm not a MS fan...

well,after watching him racing these years...

started to be reluctant to see him off... :unsure:

bon voyage Michael.... :king:

:)

So, after 3 races Kubica has 6 points, Villeneuve had 7 after 12.

Kubica a worthy successor?

You cant argue that the end result in Monza was luck on kubica's part.

Is it possible Mario is not smoking as much crack as you thought?

First of all, great race by Kubica, a brilliant job to score a podium to get his first F1 points. But I can't believe what I'm reading. To say the BMW success is due to JV's departure is ridiculous-I expect more intelligence from this forum. BMW were fast at Monza, the track suited the car and they were in a great position to score points. Kubica showed the characteristics of a great driver, taking advantage of the car's quickness to get a good qualy spot and score a podium. Kubica seems to be a worthy successor, if he keeps driving like that he will be a star. But, the car was fast at Monza and JV has been quick there during his career and noone can predict how he would have done had he been in the car (don't forget he outqualified Nick 7-5 this year). Let me finish by saying Kubica's performance has me wanting more and its nice to see someone of his quality replace JV rather than some dud!

First of all, great race by Kubica, a brilliant job to score a podium to get his first F1 points. But I can't believe what I'm reading. To say the BMW success is due to JV's departure is ridiculous-I expect more intelligence from this forum. BMW were fast at Monza, the track suited the car and they were in a great position to score points. Kubica showed the characteristics of a great driver, taking advantage of the car's quickness to get a good qualy spot and score a podium. Kubica seems to be a worthy successor, if he keeps driving like that he will be a star. But, the car was fast at Monza and JV has been quick there during his career and noone can predict how he would have done had he been in the car (don't forget he outqualified Nick 7-5 this year). Let me finish by saying Kubica's performance has me wanting more and its nice to see someone of his quality replace JV rather than some dud!

indeed. :clap3:

luckily this time supermario didnt get a wrong substitution...

but...even as a JV fan...i have a little doubt in the possibibility for him to outpace RK/nh in monza...

are you saying that if yesterday JV was in the car...he can get the 1st runner up?or maybe the crown?...

sorry....

but...even as a JV fan...i have a little doubt in the possibibility for him to outpace RK/nh in monza...

are you saying that if yesterday JV was in the car...he can get the 1st runner up?or maybe the crown?...

sorry....

All I was saying is that it was entirely possible for JV to at least match the performance of RK mainly down to two factors:

1) the BMW looked to be quite strong yesterday

2) JV in the past has been quite strong there

Of course this is all just a fart in your underwear as my mother in law likes to say-meaning that this is pretty much useless conjecture, but hey, let's put RK's Monza success into the proper context and not get overly carried away and declare MT a genius. But let's not take anything away from RK's performance which I was very impressed with.

Hello there everyone, another Pole onboard ;)

I will be introducing myself shortly to You guys but first I have a small question to Buczer: From where did You get that kind of large image of Schumacher and Kubica???

I just wanted to add a word about JV.

There shouldn't be a division between drivers and teams. Because good drivers such as M Shumacher they actually decide what kind of changes should be made to the car. And I believe it's the Shumacher's influence on Ferrari that helped the team to become the strongest.

A driver is a very important part of a team because he helps improving a car if he is good. JV was never like that. But I'm confident that Kubica is. I don't believe that better performance of BMW-Sauber after JV leaving is just a coincidence.

sorry....

Great name!!!!

:welcome:

Its great to see we still have Sauber fans around! I was getting a bit lonely.

Great name!!!!

:welcome:

Its great to see we still have Sauber fans around! I was getting a bit lonely.

o...

thnx for welcoming me...

good to meet you..

at least met with some sauber comrades before facing tifosi.... :lol:

forever sauber fan.... :)

o...

thnx for welcoming me...

good to meet you..

who's next?

The Takuma Sato for World Champion Fan Club

o...

thnx for welcoming me...

good to meet you..

Just for the record after Alonso I support anything with a Bmw engine, so im very much a fan of your team too.

BmwSauber_rules would be an even better name ;)

Welcome to the forum :thbup:

A driver is a very important part of a team because he helps improving a car if he is good. JV was never like that. But I'm confident that Kubica is. I don't believe that better performance of BMW-Sauber after JV leaving is just a coincidence.

And you know this to be fact? I've read things that suggest JV worked hard at trying to improve the car. JV left three weeks ago. I would find it amazing that the BMW Sauber went from midfield to third fastest team during that time solely due to JV's departure! I would even be so bold to suggest that JV's experience and knowledge of car development helped BMW Sauber achieve a podium in Monza. People, let's not get carried away with emotions of the moment, it is simple fact that JV worked hard to help BMW, they said thanks JV now **** off. But lets not blame BMW's mediocre midfield performance for most of this year on JV-that's just so ridiculous its not even funny!

Just for the record after Alonso I support anything with a Bmw engine, so im very much a fan of your team too.

thanks mate... :)

feel good to be welcomed.... :)

Sorry Wez, but the purists have to leave the BMW part out until the pain goes away.

And you know this to be fact? I've read things that suggest JV worked hard at trying to improve the car. JV left three weeks ago. I would find it amazing that the BMW Sauber went from midfield to third fastest team during that time solely due to JV's departure! I would even be so bold to suggest that JV's experience and knowledge of car development helped BMW Sauber achieve a podium in Monza. People, let's not get carried away with emotions of the moment, it is simple fact that JV worked hard to help BMW, they said thanks JV now **** off. But lets not blame BMW's mediocre midfield performance for most of this year on JV-that's just so ridiculous its not even funny!

Hey Fer,

You maybe right about JV's work on the team, but in my opinion, if he really co-operated and worked hard with the team, we would definately see some results, it should've shown. I didn't find him to be impressive and maybe the team did what's best in their interest, and that was to replace JV with Kubica. And by far, that decision turned out to be the best choice they made, as we can see by their current performance.

Robert Kubica is on a long term contract with BMW. Mario said today, that he won't tell (before the end of the season) us who will be his driver in 07 (as a no.2) but ...

"Could you tell us something about Robert wage?"

Mario - "No, but I can tell you, that we are on a long term agreement with Robert .. of course if we talk about wages" :)

Sorry Wez, but the purists have to leave the BMW part out until the pain goes away.

Dont worry mate, when they start winning championships in a few years time you will get over it quick quick!

Dont worry mate, when they start winning championships in a few years time you will get over it quick quick!

I will see it as evolution, and keep in mind that Sauber was the catalyst for BMW

don't all hate me/be mean to me all at once but after his first quali (and this 3rd which proved my theory), Kubica WILL be a wdc one day. I just hope his talents aren't wasted on a bad car in the future.