Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

2007 Grid

The driver line-up is almost ready, this is how it looks so far:

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

McLaren MP4-22 Mercedes FO108S

1. Fernando Alonso

2. Lewis Hamilton (hopefully) / Pedro de la Rosa (likely)

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Ferrari 248F1B 057

3. Kimi R

Anyone feel a driver has been left out or should have got the driver instead?

Maybe at Mclarens...I wouldnt sign PDR and probably not even Hamilton.

Dont even know which 1 should they sign :D

other than that, the list seems ok...no need for any other drivers

The driver line-up is almost ready, this is how it looks so far:

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Ferrari 248F1B 057

1. Kimi R

Isnt that how it works?! They work out driver numbers from the WCC not the WDC!

No, WDC gets the number one. Just look at Mika MP4/15, it has a big fat 1 on it even though Ferrari won the WCC in 1999.

No, WDC gets the number one. Just look at Mika MP4/15, it has a big fat 1 on it even though Ferrari won the WCC in 1999.

No 1 goes to the driver all other car #'s go by the WCC, and in that vien if Schumi is the WDC and Ferrari the WCC the #'s will start with Ferrari #2 and #3 for car #'s no one will run the #1.

No 1 goes to the driver all other car #'s go by the WCC, and in that vien if Schumi is the WDC and Ferrari the WCC the #'s will start with Ferrari #2 and #3 for car #'s no one will run the #1.

Hill had 0 after prost retired...so if Schumi wins, will Kimi have 0? :eusa_think:

Would be need to see 0 again. :D

So if Alonso is WDC and Hamilton get the second seat McLarens could end up being numbered 1 and 6?

So if Alonso is WDC and Hamilton get the second seat McLarens could end up being numbered 1 and 6?

Yes............

Well fisi wasnt 2nd last year and has #2...

Well fisi wasnt 2nd last year and has #2...

In 2000 DC had number 2 on his car and Ferrari won the WCC. In other words, should Alonso win the title he would take his number one with him and the second McLaren will be number 2.

Bruce :mf_tongue:

If reigning champion retires the team will have numbers 0 and 2. Only the first team is decided by the WDC, rest are all decided by WCC.

I think people are over hyping Hamilton.

It's not like he blew away the opposition, and I don't think he's won a race In 4 meetings!? ( 8 races )

He doesn't deserve a seat at Mclaren, only a testing role.

As a Kimi fan I will have mixed feelings when he joins Ferrari. I've never liked Ferrari and to be honest I don't know what my feeling's will be when 2007 starts! :eusa_think:

No question Hamilton is an exceptional talent however he does not deserve a Mclaren race seat YET. We have seen with Rosberg that winning GP2 doesn't necessarily mean you will be exceptional in F1 right from the word go which is why I think Hamilton should race a year with a team like Spyker or similar!

No question Hamilton is an exceptional talent however he does not deserve a Mclaren race seat YET. We have seen with Rosberg that winning GP2 doesn't necessarily mean you will be exceptional in F1 right from the word go which is why I think Hamilton should race a year with a team like Spyker or similar!

Yep. Like Kimi and Alonso before him!

I think people are over hyping Hamilton.

It's not like he blew away the opposition, and I don't think he's won a race In 4 meetings!? ( 8 races )

He doesn't deserve a seat at Mclaren, only a testing role.

As a Kimi fan I will have mixed feelings when he joins Ferrari. I've never liked Ferrari and to be honest I don't know what my feeling's will be when 2007 starts! :eusa_think:

Welcome to the red side :D

Welcome to the red side :D

haha. Never!! ^_^

It'll be very interesting to see If anyone else at ferrari leaves (Brawn etc )

Will MS's depature instigate a jumping of ship?

Well thankfully I'm staying on the White side with my beloved Button!

<_<

Im dont think Ron Dennis will risk putting a rookie in his McLaren. On this note does anyone know when was the last time McLaren gave a race seat to a rookie who has never raced before?

Im dont think Ron Dennis will risk putting a rookie in his McLaren. On this note does anyone know when was the last time McLaren gave a race seat to a rookie who has never raced before?

I think Ron Dennis gave a drive to the young Danish rookie Jan Magnussen in the 1994 Pacific Grand Prix. But that was just a one off drive with Mika being sick.

Ron Dennis may choose to split the driving duties between Pedro and LH. Similar to what Red Bull did last year with CK and VL. But not have LH drive until the secaond half of the season, this will give him plenty of time to familiarize himself the 2007 McLaren.

No rookie has ever got a permanent race seat for McLaren under Ron Dennis. Its their no-rookie policy.

Yes, I have confirmed inside source saying that JV will get the second Mclaren seat :naughty:

That would be the day Ralf becomes 3 time WDC.

I think Ron Dennis gave a drive to the young Danish rookie Jan Magnussen in the 1994 Pacific Grand Prix. But that was just a one off drive with Mika being sick.

Ron Dennis may choose to split the driving duties between Pedro and LH. Similar to what Red Bull did last year with CK and VL. But not have LH drive until the secaond half of the season, this will give him plenty of time to familiarize himself the 2007 McLaren.

I thought it was at the Pacific in 95?

BTW, if Lewis gets the seat, which I hope, I am sure he will impress. McLaren do not have a history of having poor drivers. The worst since Blundell was JPM. If Hamilton gets the nod I think Ron Dennis gives it to him on the back that he is quite certain of his performance.

I thought it was at the Pacific in 95?

Yes your correct Ctrl300, it was the Pacific Grand Prix of 1995 not 1994 that Jan Magnussen drove for McLaren.