Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

The Problem With Kids Today

ahh I can get depressed and sometimes the red mist does come down but yeh i like to think of myself as a happy chappy. But I do tend to swear a bit too much.

Ahh well!

Never mind Ben, here's a link that might help www.tourettes-disorder.com ;) I think it's a f***ing load of sha**ing tw*tting bl**dy rubbish my s*dding kn*bbing self though :D

Can't beat a dashed good swear now and then, not only does it help vent frustration, but I can say from experience it has helped start a few old bangers (cars!) in the past.

don't worry you do just fine. I think with all the internet F1 forums are full of newbies who would want to discuss the schumacher retirement and fight like crazy over this issue. I am going to stay away and let it settle down before we can get back to the real business of F1

Yes. Agreed. In RuNet (Russian Internet) we have same situation as with kids as with MS, etc ...

Thanx to Author for the topic. I gonna translate it into russian unless smb else done it already.

P.S. Young newbies in most cases registering on the most well-known forum.

And it is often the best forums.

And by their huge presense they make it worse (a bit ?) you know.

I think it's funny that it is normally the generation that is having "kids today" that complain about kids today... 'tis their fault how they bring us up.

I think it's funny that it is normally the generation that is having "kids today" that complain about kids today... 'tis their fault how they bring us up.

The problem generation started with, unfortunately, mine. The parents of the late 60's and early 70's stepped away from traditional child-raising techniques and produced the most selfish generation to date. It's this selfishness and also a lack of personal responsibility that is at the core of the 'problem'. There are exceptions, but they are very few.

Like a chain of falling dominoes, my generation produced children with the same lack of personal responsibility and, on top of that, a generation that is deeply rooted in the selfish attitude of 'entitlement'.

The problem generation started with, unfortunately, mine. The parents of the late 60's and early 70's stepped away from traditional child-raising techniques and produced the most selfish generation to date. It's this selfishness and also a lack of personal responsibility that is at the core of the 'problem'. There are exceptions, but they are very few.

Like a chain of falling dominoes, my generation produced children with the same lack of personal responsibility and, on top of that, a generation that is deeply rooted in the selfish attitude of 'entitlement'.

Well I'm ok with personal responsibility as are a lot of people in my area, though not far away we have "chavs" and they think (a rather big generalisation I know) responsibility is phoning their parents to drop 'em off at the park and pick 'em back up again. I grew up responsible for my own pet and therefore learnt from an early age that my actions have a shockwave effect on the people who are responsible and care about me. I think if more people were brought up with this type of responsibility it would help, though I can't pretend I had the "perfect" upbringing, as that would be unfair. I think a good description of the new generation is "mollycoddled, gadget overloaded time bombs". When you value yourself on the material objects you own and wear and not your family, support and achievements then there is bound to be trouble. -_-

Well I'm ok with personal responsibility as are a lot of people in my area, though not far away we have "chavs" and they think (a rather big generalisation I know) responsibility is phoning their parents to drop 'em off at the park and pick 'em back up again. I grew up responsible for my own pet and therefore learnt from an early age that my actions have a shockwave effect on the people who are responsible and care about me. I think if more people were brought up with this type of responsibility it would help, though I can't pretend I had the "perfect" upbringing, as that would be unfair. I think a good description of the new generation is "mollycoddled, gadget overloaded time bombs". When you value yourself on the material objects you own and wear and not your family, support and achievements then there is bound to be trouble. -_-

Hear, hear!! :clap3:

The problem with the curent generation is their fascination with tattos, espc. the girls and their 'tramp stamps'(tats in the small of their back) Don't these kids know that they doom themselves to a life of low paying jobs when they 'tat up?' get a clue :mf_tongue:

The problem with the curent generation is their fascination with tattos, espc. the girls and their 'tramp stamps'(tats in the small of their back) Don't these kids know that they doom themselves to a life of low paying jobs when they 'tat up?' get a clue :mf_tongue:

Hey Bruce, I just posted a pic of the R26 that looks similar to those tats! (Great Lookers thread)