Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Schumacher Legend Will Be Tainted By Mistakes

True. But he was also disliked even before he won any championships.

Back then he had a kind of reputation for being arrogant

Back then he had a kind of reputation for being arrogant

:eusa_think: I wonder where they got that impression. I guess it might be from the fact that he is arrogant.

Michael Schumacher will be remembered as the greatest F1 driver ever. His record speaks for itself. All the rest is down to bulls##t and jealousy.

If drivers like Moss, Stewart, etc....say otherwise and have much more knowledge than most of us here, then MS will not be remembered as the greatest F1 driver ever.

Maybe for his fans and tifosi only!

Like Moss said....to many mistakes in his carreer to be remembered as the greatest driver.

:eusa_think: I wonder where they got that impression. I guess it might be from the fact that is is arrogant.

I used to think he seemed arrogant too, but I kept reading again and again from everyone in f1 who knew him, like his team, Murray Walker, other drivers, everyone really, that he was a really nice guy who just isnt that comfortable when cameras are shoved in his face, so for the last few years I believe he is probably a decent family guy who lives for racing and only appears arrogant because he's not a man of many words on camera and doesnt like to give too much credit to his rivals!

If drivers like Moss, Stewart, etc....say otherwise and have much more knowledge than most of us here, then MS will not be remembered as the greatest F1 driver ever.

Like Moss said....to many mistakes in his carreer to be remembered as the greatest driver.

Only time will tell........ the rest as I said is down to bulls##t , jealousy and in your case stupidity. B)

Michael Schumacher will be remembered as the greatest F1 driver ever. His record speaks for itself. All the rest is down to bulls##t and jealousy.

Tit.

Anyways, I think MS Is a complete driver, he Is excellent In organising his team.(and the team love him) He's totally focused on winning, and of course he's very good at driving!

But for me the manner In which MS won his chamionships has demoted him from the top.

I only respect honest and fair drivers.

Only time will tell........ the rest as I said is down to bulls##t , jealousy and in your case stupidity. B)

What in my post you didnt like?

The fact that drivers who also won WDC say otherwise???

My post is impartial.....so maybe it is you who's jealous.....perhaps coz famous drivers dont agree with you?

Yea the Moss thing again...The most successful driver as they say who has not.... wait, oh yea , has not won a championship and had a thing for some little pills at the Mille Miglia race he notoriously won... :eusa_think: .And if MS is so erroneous and has that amazing carreer to show for, then how about his critics then, such as Mr Moss??I bet Moss was a better driver but OK he didn't get 90 victories or 7(8??) Wdc... so what?Stewart is also seeking attention lately and actually i don't take any of them seriously because they judge MS the same way we do, not by their professional standards.

Take away whichever of Michael's wins or titles you can legitimately consider controversial, and he is still the most successful, by a long long way.

Take away whichever of Michael's wins or titles you can legitimately consider controversial, and he is still the most successful, by a long long way.

There are alot of factors when deciding the best F1 driver and one of them is that all of Schumacher's championship victories he was either drivng the best car (or close to it) on the grid. But then you look at Arton Senna who managed to win in a in a team which was 3rd or 4th slowest. The fact is we will never know in apsolute terms who is better but the debate is always fun.

There are alot of factors when deciding the best F1 driver and one of them is that all of Schumacher's championship victories he was either drivng the best car (or close to it) on the grid. But then you look at Arton Senna who managed to win in a in a team which was 3rd or 4th slowest. The fact is we will never know in apsolute terms who is better but the debate is always fun.

Indeed.

Yea the Moss thing again...The most successful driver as they say who has not.... wait, oh yea , has not won a championship and had a thing for some little pills at the Mille Miglia race he notoriously won... :eusa_think:

Notorious?? Why notorious??

I think he is talking about the drgu taking, and from what I vaguely remember reading, he might have a point.

But then you look at Arton Senna who managed to win in a in a team which was 3rd or 4th slowest.

That's a silly myth, Senna won in the third best car as much as Michael won in the third best car in 2003.

Senna won in the third best car as much as Michael won in the third best car in 2003.

Take a look at the constructors championship for 2003 and tell me that the Ferrari wasnt the best car that year.

I think he is talking about the drgu taking, and from what I vaguely remember reading, he might have a point.

Oh yes, Stirling was on uppers during that race but, the way he tells it, so was half the field. He won that race through the use of pace notes and "Jenks". I'd say it was a famous victory, but not notorious.

Anyway, back on topic, Moss and Stewart are from a different era with a different approach to the sport and, I suspect, judge things on different criteria. I don't think people will forget Michael's mistakes/lapses of judgement/whatever but I also don't think that these things will "taint" memories of his career.

That's a silly myth, Senna won in the third best car as much as Michael won in the third best car in 2003.

2003 was indeed 1 of the best seasons in F1 in years. 3 different teams / almost equal cars and 3 different drivers. MS won the title fair and square, pity about JP and KR. All 3 deserve to win the title that year.

But then the 04 season was destroyed yet again of Ferrari superiority.

I wish we will see more seasons like 03 was.

3rd best car in 2003?? How's that? I think overall ferrari had the best car. There were races where the williams/michelin package was clearly the best thing to have, but williams only came on strong monaco onwards, and mclaren were behind both those teams. Raikkonens consistent podium finishes kept him in the title race

3rd best car in 2003?? How's that? I think overall ferrari had the best car. There were races where the williams/michelin package was clearly the best thing to have, but williams only came on strong monaco onwards, and mclaren were behind both those teams. Raikkonens consistent podium finishes kept him in the title race

Like you say....Ferrari was a little better but Williams & Mclaren were more or less equal and maybe faster on some tracks.

But to be honest i dont have any problems with that, as long there is a team that can challange in this case Ferrari for the title.

So when did Senna win the championship in the 3rd best car?

I dont know about championships but he has certinly won races in crap cars. The USGP in 1986 is a good example where he won in a Lotus. The Lotus came 3rd in the championship with ARton Senna scoring 55 points while his teammate only scored 3 for the entire season.

I dont know about championships but he has certinly won races in crap cars. The USGP in 1986 is a good example where he won in a Lotus. The Lotus came 3rd in the championship with ARton Senna scoring 55 points while his teammate only scored 3 for the entire season.
tell the team mate was :naughty: ........

Schumi won in a pig of a car in '96 and the '97 wasn't much better.......also the '92-'93 Bennies...........

His teammate wasn't getting the same car and Senna vetoed Derek Warwick as his teammate, in the end it was Stuart I think?