Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Schumacher Legend Will Be Tainted By Mistakes

Finally Prost won the WDC in 1986 with far inferior machinery which is something Schmuker never has.

I saw Schumi beating Prost in Portugal 1993, Prost was in a Williams/Renault (the Almighty one) and Schumi had a Benetton Ford Setec can you tell me wich one is a better machinery of this two?

Schumi won the championship in 1994 with same Ford Setec beat the Williams Renault team(Senna and Hill) that was the best team at that time, but looks like you don't want to admit this, but is there and like I said you can not change this.

Schumi had to face the FIA to during his time at Benetton, don't you remember when he was racing at Silverstone during a SC period he overtook Hill when they were behing the SC just for a few seconds he was ahead and went right back behind Hill, he was given a black flag and he stood in the track for another six more laps, the he got into the pits and he was disqualified for that race and the next two other race he was not alowed to race, so he had no points in four races including German grand prix where he blown away his engine, and he became the WDC anyway by Hill's mistake in the last race. But I think you're to young to remember this but you can get a video and I am sure that you will change your mind if you do this.

So you should remember that Prost said that driving a ferrari was like driving a truck...

That means that Prost and other so call good driver were only good driver just when they had the best machine in hand, like Alonso who was winning when Renault had the best package, now rhey had a long time without seeing the checkered flag.

Steve Matchett's book Life In The Fast Lane has the whole Silverstone saga covered in it, I'll post snippits if you would like.

Ferrari was a mediocre team for a lot of years...ask Mansell

Is good to see that you say this because when I said the same here, somabody told me that I should put my feet on the groung, maybe you read it too, and it's good to know that you know that MS was the person who put that team in the winning track, there was a lot of good manes in that team but only MS gave then both championships several years in row.

Steve Matchett's book Life In The Fast Lane has the whole Silverstone saga covered in it, I'll post snippits if you would like.

That would be good, I really would like that. :thbup:

and it's good to know that you know that MS was the person who put that team in the winning track...

He and a french man...

Hi Mr Todt!

The italians alone wouldnt do it...

and yes, I admit it...Schumacher is a great driver (still), and if he had been an ethic driver I would be at your side, but no...ethics was not his best part...

And Prost was as good as Schumacher last year...as ANY driver with a bad car...easy as that.

Yeah, and incredible lucky driver, he had the best ferrari team for a long consecutive time...

But...you reddish people only remember what you want to remember...

I don't call it luck I call it "a Good job done" like he did in Benetton too.

The porblem is that we have a few poeple here that only want to see the bad part of the best part of F1 history, you are living the golden age of formula one, noone had die in F1 since 1994, and engine can last two races, cars are going faster and faster even when FIA want to make them slower, and we have a drvier who raced among legends like Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Senna, that start winning races in their time, a driver who saw them retiring or dying (in Senna' case) and that driver in finishing his carreer 15 year later and he is still winning race, nobody had done that before, he was racing among the best when he started and now he is facing another challlenge, he is facing the young generation and he is still on top, so let's talk about all the good things, those are more thatn those that you call mistakes or stain or whatever, why we had to look at the dark side when we have a brighter side to look, I now it's your choice if you do that, and that I have to respect that, but let's do it in the best fear possible way.

...and that I have to respect that, but let's do it in the best fear possible way...

Ok...I respect your view too...

soon a new king will arise... :king:

lets be friends... :rolleyes:

He and a french man...

Hi Mr Todt!

The italians alone wouldnt do it...

and yes, I admit it...Schumacher is a great driver (still), and if he had been an ethic driver I would be at your side, but no...ethics was not his best part...

And Prost was as good as Schumacher last year...as ANY driver with a bad car...easy as that.

But he put that bad car in third place in WDC far away from his teammate even when he had six DNF that is another achivement, he had a bad year but he took the best out of that bad car without giving up. he fought all the way till the end, nobody can deny this.

Ok...I respect your view too...

soon a new king will arise... :king:

lets be friends... :rolleyes:

Are we talking here about Kimi? :clap3:

But he put that bad car in third place in WDC far away from his teammate even when he had six DNF that is another achivement, he had a bad year but he took the best out of that bad car without giving up. he fought all the way till the end, nobody can deny this.

Are we talking here about Kimi? :clap3:

My only rant with Schumacher is the way he crashed Hill, the way he won a race in the pitlane while he had a penalty, the way he tried to crash JV, the team orders (nasty race at A1)...no ethics...

but at the same time, he had quite great races, almost everyone, but those dirty tricks win over everything else...Im sorry...

That would be good, I really would like that. :thbup:

I will post some snippits from Steve Matchett's book, as I am having to go to bed now.

So you should remember that Prost said that driving a ferrari was like driving a truck...

Ferrari was a mediocre team for a lot of years...ask Mansell

Yeah, and incredible lucky driver, he had the best ferrari team for a long consecutive time...

But...you reddish people only remember what you want to remember...

And so is the case for you 'blue-ish' people.

My only rant with Schumacher is the way he crashed Hill, the way he won a race in the pitlane while he had a penalty, the way he tried to crash JV, the team orders (nasty race at A1)...no ethics...

but at the same time, he had quite great races, almost everyone, but those dirty tricks win over everything else...Im sorry...

Even if you substract all the controversies he had, he is still holding the most successful record. I actually love him for all the controversies he creates, it's just entertaining.

'As a pure driving talent, he is up there among the greats, but, as he admits privately, he has rarely had a driver of his own level to race against.

'With the arrival of Kimi Ra

Even if you substract all the controversies he had, he is still holding the most successful record. I actually love him for all the controversies he creates, it's just entertaining.

So you love him because he cheats. :eusa_think:

Schumacher the best sportsman - Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods impressed with Schumacher consistency

American golfer Tiger Woods says he thinks retiring Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is the best sportsman in the world.

Although Woods narrowly beats the seven time World Champion to top spot on any sports earning list, he nonetheless called 37-year-old Schumacher's career achievements 'phenomenal'.

"In my eyes, Michael Schumacher has to be (the best)," said the 30-year-old.

Woods said: "His consistency does it for me. He's performed year in, year out, in a sport watched globally under immense pressure.

"

Woods also hinted that he, too, might follow Germany's Schumacher into retirement, but only when he beats Jack Nicklaus' record of 19 majors.

Source GMM

CAPSIS International

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=175245

Schumacher the best sportsman - Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods impressed with Schumacher consistency

American golfer Tiger Woods says he thinks retiring Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is the best sportsman in the world.

Although Woods narrowly beats the seven time World Champion to top spot on any sports earning list, he nonetheless called 37-year-old Schumacher's career achievements 'phenomenal'.

"In my eyes, Michael Schumacher has to be (the best)," said the 30-year-old.

Woods said: "His consistency does it for me. He's performed year in, year out, in a sport watched globally under immense pressure.

"

Woods also hinted that he, too, might follow Germany's Schumacher into retirement, but only when he beats Jack Nicklaus' record of 19 majors.

Source GMM

CAPSIS International

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=175245

So Tiger Woods opinion of Formula 1 is taken in higher regard to that of World Champions & Greats mentioned in this thread...

BTW. Tiger Woods is a tw@t!

Tiger Woods is the highest paid athlete in the world, more than MS even.

MS is second in that regard.

Also, Tiger Woods gave his caddy a 2005 Ford GT because Tiger is sponsored by Buick.

So you love him because he cheats. :eusa_think:

What's wrong with cheating?

Michael's job is to secure the best possible results for himself and his team and I've never known Ferrari to be shy about controversy so why not bend or break the rules if the reward outweighs the risk? A lot of you seem to have this romantic idea that sportsmanship is somehow part of Formula 1 but it's not. Formula 1, at least in the modern era that Schumacher brought in, is about performance first and foremost.

What's wrong with cheating?

Michael's job is to secure the best possible results for himself and his team and I've never known Ferrari to be shy about controversy so why not bend or break the rules if the reward outweighs the risk? A lot of you seem to have this romantic idea that sportsmanship is somehow part of Formula 1 but it's not. Formula 1, at least in the modern era that Schumacher brought in, is about performance first and foremost.

.......and has allways been.....

.......and has allways been.....

It's not even remotely qute when a grown man in the prime of his life hides behind 'sportmansship' in order to justify Schumachers cheating.

. Formula 1, at least in the modern era that Schumacher brought in, is about performance first and foremost.
i will play the Angel's advocate here :P

who says you cant perform and be a sportsman at the same time :naughty:

i will play the Angel's advocate here :P

who says you cant perform and be a sportsman at the same time :naughty:

I think if you look at Schumacher's career and some of the incidents that are used as examples in the argument against his being a sportsman, eg the Adelaide coillision with Hill in '94 that won him the championship, you realize that sportsmanship can interfere with performance.

I think if you look at Schumacher's career and some of the incidents that are used as examples in the argument against his being a sportsman, eg the Adelaide coillision with Hill in '94 that won him the championship, you realize that sportsmanship can interfere with performance. results
that is better

who says you cant perform and be a sportsman at the same time

There is wisdom here after all. The prime factor in greatness is ethical behaviour. Stirling will never be a world champion, but he will always be greater than Michael. Ethical behaviour is the answer. What good is it to hold all the records yet be a villian?

There is wisdom here after all. The prime factor in greatness is ethical behaviour. Stirling will never be a world champion, but he will always be greater than Michael. Ethical behaviour is the answer. What good is it to hold all the records yet be a villian?

There's always two sides in a situation. Villian - maybe in your eyes and not in others eyes. Some people choose to love and some just simply hate, blindly.