Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Doornbos To Replace Klien

Doornbos to replace Klien

11 September 2006

Red Bull's test driver Robert Doornbos will replace Christian Klien in the final three races of the 2006 season. Following Christian Klien's decision to pursue other options within Formula One, Red Bull Racing has agreed to release him from his contract with immediate effect.

Robert Doornbos commented on the news: "It's fantastic to know that I'm going to be racing again, I'm really looking forward to it. Friday testing and helping the team this year has been great experience, but to get back out on to the racetrack on Sunday is what it's all about. I've got to know the guys at Red Bull Racing really well this season, so I'll be working with them all closely to do the best job I can for the team and myself."

Christian Horner said: "Further to Christian's recent decision, we have released him to focus on the next stage of his career. Having done a solid job for us in the third car this season and having previously completed in eight grands prix, Robert is the logical replacement. He will start preparing for his Red Bull Racing debut at the team's test in Jerez this week."

indeed...judging by the kubica performance yesterday....

i think jv will now probably set his mind totally on his singing career now.... :lol:

:lol:

The two positives to this are that it will be hilarious and embarrassing if he beats DC, and that he may be the one who gets Monteiro out of F1. Both of those would be noble deeds, I shall call him Sir Doorknobs if he manages it.