Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Schumacher The Best Sportsman Tiger Woods

American golfer Tiger Woods says he thinks retiring Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is the best sportsman in the world.

Although Woods narrowly beats the seven time World Champion to top spot on any sports earning list, he nonetheless called 37-year-old Schumacher's career achievements 'phenomenal'.

"In my eyes, Michael Schumacher has to be (the best)," said the 30-year-old.

Woods said: "His consistency does it for me. He's performed year in, year out, in a sport watched globally under immense pressure.

"

Woods also hinted that he, too, might follow Germany's Schumacher into retirement, but only when he beats Jack Nicklaus' record of 19 majors.

I couldn't resist the urge of this "already done" thread

What a huge blow to all those which have vehemently and with hatred criticised relentlessly Michael Schumacher the last few days on similar thread. :mf_tongue::mf_tongue::mf_tongue:

Just like I said in the other thread on this, I rate ex formula 1 world champions opinions on Formula 1 more highly than an arrogant tw@t of a golfer!

im sure this has already been quoted elsewhere but Murray Walker was quoted in the paper as saying that MS "was undoubtedly the greatest of all time" - if its good enough for Murray, its good enough for me - he

im sure this has already been quoted elsewhere but Murray Walker was quoted in the paper as saying that MS "was undoubtedly the greatest of all time" - if its good enough for Murray, its good enough for me - he

Interesting to know that an american sports star actually knows who Schumacher is!!

He's probably talking about Joel Schumacher the movie director!

I find an interesting summery here, Tiger praises Schumi and the Alonso fans bash him just like Sergio Garcia fans bash Tiger and in both cases the Spanish 'star' cannot hold a candle to the master of the sport....... :eusa_think:

Alonso fans are just angry cos Alonso's not having it all his way these last few months. I think its about time too, the amount of good luck the guy was getting throughout 2005 and first half of 06 was really annoying!

Hehe i'm sure Mr. Wood's is a world renowned F1 analyst :P

Maybe you can find a quote to a similar effect from the pope when Ferrari meet him.

Isn't his car a Ferrari??? I think I also spotted him at Monza in the stands B)

Alonso fans are just angry cos Alonso's not having it all his way these last few months. I think its about time too, the amount of good luck the guy was getting throughout 2005 and first half of 06 was really annoying!

Indeed!

Just like I said in the other thread on this, I rate ex formula 1 world champions opinions on Formula 1 more highly than an arrogant tw@t of a golfer!

Looks like the twat is not doing badly mate. He probably earns more money in a month than you will during your lifetime B)

Why are the MS fan's so desperate for others praising their driver they turn to a golfer and think it has any effect on F1 fan's and professionals?

I think it was posted because there's currently an issue about schu's sportsmanship, and its interesting to have the view of another top sports star on the matter

Looks like the twat is not doing badly mate. He probably earns more money in a month than you will during your lifetime B)

He will probably earn more money in a month than every member of total F1 put together will earn in their lifetime.... But that still doesn't mean he's not a tw@t though!!!

But that still doesn't mean he's not a tw@t though!!!

yeah a rich [email protected] are a lot of them around the globe, thats why the planet is going bad...

Tiger Woods opinion about the best sportsman is similar if we ask MS about who's the best table tennis player.

"In my eyes, Michael Schumacher has to be (the best)," said the 30-year-old.

His eyes must be very low orientated

He will probably earn more money in a month than every member of total F1 put together will earn in their lifetime.... But that still doesn't mean he's not a tw@t though!!!

I think you're actually the TW@T mate

Tiger Woods is a very balanced and humble individual. His feats in Golf are nothing short of incredible - Like your inability to recognise greatness in MS you are equally blind when it comes to Tiger Woods.

Each to their own I guess.

I think you're actually the TW@T mate

Tiger Woods is a very balanced and humble individual. His feats in Golf are nothing short of incredible -

True...he's one of the rear sportsman who dont cheat in order to win.

I find an interesting summery here, Tiger praises Schumi and the Alonso fans bash him just like Sergio Garcia fans bash Tiger and in both cases the Spanish 'star' cannot hold a candle to the master of the sport....... :eusa_think:

Spaniards are also notoriously racist so it comes as no surprise that they are not fans of Mr Woods...

Tiger Woods is a very balanced and humble individual. His feats in Golf are nothing short of incredible - Like your inability to recognise greatness in MS you are equally blind when it comes to Tiger Woods.

couldnt have said it better myself :angry:

i am starting to get really f**ked off now at this repition about MS cheating - thats all in the past, he is now retiring & those of you that arent completely blindsighted will soon see that F1 will be a much more boring place without him around

couldnt have said it better myself :angry:

i am starting to get really f**ked off now at this repition about MS cheating - thats all in the past, he is now retiring & those of you that arent completely blindsighted will soon see that F1 will be a much more boring place without him around

Cheating cant be forgotten!!!! Will always follow you in your life..

F1 lost excellent driver but gain lot more, as no1 will/cant cheat as much as he did!

Dont worry, they're just angry and touchy because Alonso might not win the title this year, and they need someone to blame or take it out on! They'll be praising Schuey in a few years once he's gone

Cheating cant be forgotten!!!! Will always follow you in your life..

F1 lost excellent driver but gain lot more, as no1 will/cant cheat as much as he did!

yeah but can you really see anyone else making such an impact on the sport or dominating it in such a way - oops i forgot it was all his dominating & not giving everyone elses drivers a chance that made most of you hate his guts - i think you all use the cheating as an excuse :mf_tongue: after all he wasnt the first to do it.....