Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Schumacher The Best Sportsman Tiger Woods

There are few people in the world and none on this forum with more knowledge of Formula 1 than Murray Walker!

A quick definition of 'sportsman': (dictionary.com)

1. a man who engages in sports, esp. in some open-air sport, as hunting, fishing, racing, etc.

2. a person who exhibits qualities especially esteemed in those who engage in sports, as fairness, courtesy, good temper, etc.

M$ fits the definition #1, but not the definition #2. Now let's find 'sportsmanship' (Princeton University)

n : fairness in following the rules of the game

Now, he certainly doesn't fit this definition.

To me, M$ is a great athlete, team-builder and motivator. He has achieved 100% excellence in Formula 1 racing. He is many good things, but he is not a 'sportsman' as I define it, regardless of what Tiger Woods says.

You're biased by your visceral hatred of Schumacher, that's all. I wonder if those continually coming back to the same old poor argument of cheating are examples themselves. :eusa_think:

There are few people in the world and none on this forum with more knowledge of Formula 1 than Murray Walker!

Murray is a true legend of F1 - commentated for over 50 years and his nonstop enthusiasm even when nothing was happening rubbed off on his audiences and entertained us all! Long live murray

Murray is a true legend of F1 - commentated for over 50 years and his nonstop enthusiasm even when nothing was happening rubbed off on his audiences and entertained us all! Long live murray

Indeed!

You're biased by your visceral hatred of Schumacher, that's all. I wonder if those continually coming back to the same old poor argument of cheating are examples themselves. :eusa_think:

Are you serious? Did you actually read the post you replied to??

Are you serious? Did you actually read the post you replied to??

If the second definition of a sportsman is valid then I don't think there is lot of professional sportsmans fitting that bill, therefore it should be added that this definition belongs to another era.

If the second definition of a sportsman is valid then I don't think there is lot of professional sportsmans fitting that bill, therefore it should be added that this definition belongs to another era.

In that respect, I tend to agree.

muray is a joke,and what the hell does tiger woods know about ms.he's met him once.frst impressions can be wrong especially if you don't know the real schmucker.there are 2 faces to the boy

1. Murray is a dear old man. His blunders have endeared him to millions. Show some respect.

2. He knows more about Michael Scumacher than you know about the importance of punctuation.

3. He's met him once. You, i suspect have never met him.

4. You know the real Michael Schumacher?

5. Your ignorance and inability to construct one worthwhile phrase are a constant source of amusement to me.

6. Dance monkey, dance.