Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Michelin Point The Finger At Bridgestone

Michelin point the finger at Bridgestone

There is a new poisoned arrow in the paddock right now between Michelin and Bridgestone that has left the French tyre manufacturer very wary in regard to their Japanese rivals. With only three races to go before they withdraw from the series altogether, Michelin believes that there is foul play going on at Bridgestone after they received a picture taken by somebody from Renault at Monza on Saturday.

As our spies in Monza confirmed, the picture showed a Bridgestone worker wearing rubber gloves and a mask and from this Michelin concluded that the Bridgestone could have been treated with forbidden chemicals to produce immediate grip, therefore giving their various partners an advantage. It has been common knowledge that this was Bridgestone

Wonder what flavor yogurt? :lol:

I understand the gloves and maybe some protective clothing, but why does he need the gas mask?

I understand the gloves and maybe some protective clothing, but why does he need the gas mask?

F1 tyres are filled with all sorts of exotic gases and not air. the gases could be toxic perhaps? hence the gas mask?

From F1.com

"To ensure that the tyre pressure stays as constant as possible during these changes in temperature a special mixture of low density gases is used to inflate them rather than air."

but later they say...

"Formula One tyres are normally filled with a special, nitrogen-rich air mixture, designed to minimise variations in tyre pressure with temperature. The mixture also retains the pressure longer than normal air would."

anyone with a better explanation?

Wonder what flavor yogurt? :lol:

It was Eccle-Bridge. You have to take the stones out of it.....

It was Eccle-Bridge. You have to take the stones out of it.....

It's pretty easy to take the stones out of it, I hear, because they are so damned big...