Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Williams F1

2006 has been the worst seaons for rthe Williams outfit since Frank and Patrick started their cooperation some 20 years back. I think this is a damned shame and blame it on two elements;

1- Sam Michael

2- Cosworth Engines

Hopefully this once great powerhouse can get back on terms with at least the upstarts (Honda, RedBull and Toyota) come 2007, but I fear they might be shortfunded :(

2006 has been the worst seaons for rthe Williams outfit since Frank and Patrick started their cooperation some 20 years back. I think this is a damned shame and blame it on two elements;

1- Sam Michael

2- Cosworth Engines

Hopefully this once great powerhouse can get back on terms with at least the upstarts (Honda, RedBull and Toyota) come 2007, but I fear they might be shortfunded :(

Agree, Sam Michael has been thrown in the deep end at team Willy and at this stage seems to be struggling and he knows it. But he is still young so he still has time to improve aslong as Williams can get some decent backing so he can showcase his talent, otherwise Sam maybe forced to walk the plank!!!

I'm not so sure that Cosworth have done a bad job this year, most problems have actually be the fault of parts manufactured by Williams not Cosworth.

Agree, Sam Michael has been thrown in the deep end at team Willy and at this stage seems to be struggling and he knows it. But he is still young so he still has time to improve aslong as Williams can get some decent backing so he can showcase his talent, otherwise Sam maybe forced to walk the plank!!!

Karthikeyan is the one who should be walking the plank, he's a bloody embarrassment!

Karthikeyan is the one who should be walking the plank, he's a bloody embarrassment!

here he goes again..... :yawn: i am so enlightened by this endless wisdom of the "educator"

In other news, our "celebrity tester" karthikeyan, will be in a three day test at silverstone, since his driving abilities are better understoon by the members of this forum, especially the highly esteemed "educator" in his relentless and selfless pursuit of fighting ignorance on the forum, William have put Narain in the role of testing the integration of the toyota engine with the current chassis with some 07 parts thrown in.

it would be interesting to see how that goes. but since I am one of those who have been enlightened by the "oh so wise and noble educator", I am rather curious to see how Narain performs. Ofcourse don't miss the extremely detailed analysis of Narains driving abilities (or lack of) by our "educator" after the test, I hear that williams have a direct feed of the telemetry coming out of our "educator"s arse.....

Your arrogance and pride in self professed expertise really annoy the crap out me. if thats your objective, then you are doing a fine job....

Though I didn't care about Narain before, You have turned me into a Narain Fan on this forum. Maybe thats your secret mission. You are so in love with Narain, you can't stop talking about him.... :lol:

here he goes again..... :yawn: i am so enlightened by this endless wisdom of the "educator"

In other news, our "celebrity tester" karthikeyan, will be in a three day test at silverstone, since his driving abilities are better understoon by the members of this forum, especially the highly esteemed "educator" in his relentless and selfless pursuit of fighting ignorance on the forum, William have put Narain in the role of testing the integration of the toyota engine with the current chassis with some 07 parts thrown in.

it would be interesting to see how that goes. but since I am one of those who have been enlightened by the "oh so wise and noble educator", I am rather curious to see how Narain performs. Ofcourse don't miss the extremely detailed analysis of Narains driving abilities (or lack of) by our "educator" after the test, I hear that williams have a direct feed of the telemetry coming out of our "educator"s arse.....

Your arrogance and pride in self professed expertise really annoy the crap out me. if thats your objective, then you are doing a fine job....

Though I didn't care about Narain before, You have turned me into a Narain Fan on this forum. Maybe thats your secret mission. You are so in love with Narain, you can't stop talking about him.... :lol:

I actually chose not to respond to his comment, but nice to see someone else do so.

LMAO. You can bet your last dollar that even if Narain does resoundingly well, our "enlightened educator" will find some reason to deride the performance which will go against all common sense and logic, sigh..... theres no convincing some folks. As I have mentioned before, the "educator" does have a fetish for NK, you seem to have found an explanation for it :D

I do not see why it is Sam Michaels fault, or is he constructor of car? They have gotten their car wrong imo, and whoever responsible for that can be blamed altough funds available might have had something to do with quality. I recall last year they had miscalibrated wind tunnel, i wonder what it been this year?

I'm not so sure that Cosworth have done a bad job this year, most problems have actually be the fault of parts manufactured by Williams not Cosworth.

Agreed. Apparently Cosworth have only had 2 engine failures this season which means that it is one of the most reliable engines. Most of Williams problems have been things like the gearbox etc which has nothing to do with Cosworth.

Williams have accepted fault themselves, so it lies mainly on their shoulders, not their drivers and not Cosworth.

I don't think its anyone's "fault", the main problem is reliability, plus the car just isn't fast enough, so really its the aero design people who need to sort it out. Williams haven't designed a good fast car since 2003. Frank has stated (yesterday I think) that the current state of affairs is embarrassing and that there WILL be a shake-up in the team (people getting fired I think). Its quite strange to think that williams's last title-winning year is 9 years ago, nearly a decade!! I love to see williams do well cos Frank is in it for the love of the sport

Some time ago I suggested that the problem was that Sam Michael is not Patrick Head. A bit simplistic, but it's interesting to note that Patrick is to take a more "hands on" role again.

And to think Williams turned down Bmw engines for 06, and slated Bmw when they left...

snigger snigger

And to think Williams turned down Bmw engines for 06, and slated Bmw when they left...

I'm pretty sure it was BMW's decision to leave!

Yes, it was... BUT Bmw offered to sell Williams engines for the 2006 season.

BMW made its better choice ever... They're doing better than williams has done in the last seasons (considering for sure the fact it is a new team)

snigger snigger

With all due respect, that is rubbish. Two main problems between BMW and Williams, one was that BMW wanted to buy a big stake in Williams with the intention of fully taking over at a later date. The other was BMW's way of slagging Williams publicly. Williams kept hush until BMW had split and then Head came out slagging off Mario, however Williams came out only days later to say that was Head's individual opinion on not a reflection of Williams as a team.

BMW once split, in the form of Mario, slagged Williams off repeatedly and also made sly comments about Webber.

Considering Cosworth engines aren't the problem this year, BMW's engines wouldn't do them any better, their car would still fail.

With all due respect, that is rubbish. Two main problems between BMW and Williams, one was that BMW wanted to buy a big stake in Williams with the intention of fully taking over at a later date. The other was BMW's way of slagging Williams publicly. Williams kept hush until BMW had split and then Head came out slagging off Mario, however Williams came out only days later to say that was Head's individual opinion on not a reflection of Williams as a team.

BMW once split, in the form of Mario, slagged Williams off repeatedly and also made sly comments about Webber.

Considering Cosworth engines aren't the problem this year, BMW's engines wouldn't do them any better, their car would still fail.

Ive noticed more Cosworths braking this year than Bmw's!

Besides, Williams could have done a lot worse than sell shares to Bmw, because as it is Franks team are fading away into nowhere land quickly!

Ive noticed more Cosworths braking this year than Bmw's!

Besides, Williams could have done a lot worse than sell shares to Bmw, because as it is Franks team are fading away into nowhere land quickly!

Really? There has only been about 2 or 3 Cosworth failures this year, which is on a similar number to BMW. Sell shares to BMW would ensure that Williams would not be Williams for much longer, it can't get any worse than that.

Dont get me wrong though, even though Williams were largely responsible for killing my favourate driver Senna, I wouldn't want them to go fishing since they are one of the last remaining "true" F1 privateers!

I do however like the way Bmw are thumping them after just one season!

Viva le BMW Sauber!

The problem with Williams is that they have lost focus, as a team they aren't performing at the level that is required these days to be competitive. F1 cars are incredibly complex, they are not made from parts that can be bought off the shelf. Every part is custom designed and should fit well in the overall design philosophy. What they need is strong technical leadership and good management of their design and manufacturing operations.

As a team they have the heritage and experience to win at the top. What they need is some good cash flow, strong technical leadership and a focus to get back on the top. Though Its hard to see them get back to the level of the top teams in the next 5 years, one can expect them to get back to be mid pack, challenging the likes of Honda and Toyota these days. They need some seriously good people and good stable money to get back to the absolute top, and I don't see that happening without a major manufacturer involved. The toyota connection is a step in the right direction.

I actually chose not to respond to his comment, but nice to see someone else do so.

LMAO. You can bet your last dollar that even if Narain does resoundingly well, our "enlightened educator" will find some reason to deride the performance which will go against all common sense and logic, sigh..... theres no convincing some folks. As I have mentioned before, the "educator" does have a fetish for NK, you seem to have found an explanation for it :D

Could you for once stay on topic? If not your posts are merely spam and will be treated thereafter. BTW, as you insist on being the king of spam I will make it my mission to educate you darling. You are simply too cute to ignore :wub:

Some time ago I suggested that the problem was that Sam Michael is not Patrick Head. A bit simplistic, but it's interesting to note that Patrick is to take a more "hands on" role again.

Hahaha, ever since Adrian left Williams has been going downhill. And don't bring up 2003, that was all BMW.

Dont get me wrong though, even though Williams were largely responsible for killing my favourate driver Senna, I wouldn't want them to go fishing since they are one of the last remaining "true" F1 privateers!

I do however like the way Bmw are thumping them after just one season!

Viva le BMW Sauber!

Thanks! :D

Hmm. It does concern me (still) that without a partnership with a manufacturer the privateer teams haven't much hope. But I'm sure that Sam Michael just isn't the man for the job.

Narain isn't being tested, it's the parts that are being tested. All the Indian has to do is drive the car to generate data and then, perhaps, provide some feedback. How he's going to do resoundingly well in this regard is beyond me...

I'm glad I've had an influence on you, that can only be a good thing.

The problem with Williams is that they have lost focus, as a team they aren't performing at the level that is required these days to be competitive. F1 cars are incredibly complex, they are not made from parts that can be bought off the shelf. Every part is custom designed and should fit well in the overall design philosophy. What they need is strong technical leadership and good management of their design and manufacturing operations.

As a team they have the heritage and experience to win at the top. What they need is some good cash flow, strong technical leadership and a focus to get back on the top. Though Its hard to see them get back to the level of the top teams in the next 5 years, one can expect them to get back to be mid pack, challenging the likes of Honda and Toyota these days. They need some seriously good people and good stable money to get back to the absolute top, and I don't see that happening without a major manufacturer involved. The toyota connection is a step in the right direction.

:rolleyes:

What Williams need is the support of a manufacturer. It's that simple...