Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loser Boy

These Drivers Will Never Win A Wdc

There have been some in the past, without naming names, but his nickname is a hint ;)

Ok, I know it might be hard to write with real words when one are in a hurry, but please try. If you want to see what a really good post should ideally look like just look below.

Super post Argento :thbup:

Just one question, where would you place Hunt? I have him safely in the 1 bracket BTW.

James Hunt! He was a bon vivant,a playboy that sometimes used to drive a F1 car. Hunt found a WDC in a very controversial year: 1976 was a year with many complaints and disqualifications between McLaren and Ferrari, not to mention Lauda

James Hunt! He was a bon vivant,a playboy that sometimes used to drive a F1 car. Hunt found a WDC in a very controversial year: 1976 was a year with many complaints and disqualifications between McLaren and Ferrari, not to mention Lauda

Good way of describing how they fall into groups - certainly agree with most of them. Though if Prost deserves to be in the first group, so does Mansell - I don't think he's in the best of all time, but his never say die attitude and the way he adapted to the American scene so quickly counts for a huge amount in his case.

What am I saying, I'm a biased Brit :naughty:

Must confess to a little tug of loyalties though, I really want Button to do better (a nationalistic thing!) and I believe he could just scrape into the Kimi/Alonso battle if he could find a fraction more - maybe it's a confidence thing with him.

There again, there are some great possibilities in Niko Rosberg, Hamilton, Kovailonen, Kubica group to..... Ever the optimist, I think we have some bright stars on the horizon.

Prost was one of the greatest of all time: We won 4 WDC and lost 3 in the last race in eight years in a row!! From Kyalami

I think Kimi would have excelled in those days. Straight after the race he would pop a bottle of Finlandia and celebrate on his car with a floosy he picked up at a gas on his way to the race.

And he knew how to celebrate a win:

huntwin.gif

Drinking a Shlitz is not celebrating :mf_tongue:

...........now the red head :naughty:

If you combine that mixture with Michael's ruthless pursuit of victory then yes, perhaps.

Michael was also unbelievable fast, when he was young.

I remember, when he was driving benetton and Senna was gradually getting older, for a small moment I felt like Schumi was actually the fastest man. But that was unfortunately too short period to be sure, for known reason :(

My point exactly :clap3:

agree too... i hate when people start seeing new champions just cus someone did an impressive first race... it happens all time... but i still think robert is better than nico...

Alright for some init! :lol:

Hunt was such a ledgend though, the sorta bloke who ud love going to the pub with!

I think that led directly to the heart attack. Read his biography. Excellent and surprisingly moving.

Apparently he was a bit of an arse in the commentary box though, very unprofessional according to murray walker. Used to go out for fag breaks during races!

(= Let`s never say "never". Since in 1982 WDC was won with just 1 GP-Win ...

Almost half (at least 1\3) of the drivers may win WDC in some day !

Good post!

If Alonso Retires before them KR & JB might! :D

wez...please dont be angry with my reply.....Give KR the same car as FA you will find out that you are wrong! :lol:

What a stupid thing to say, especially regarding kimi who is driving a ferrari next year.

What if everyone builds crap cars (like in 2004) and Toyota come out with a dominant package? Unlikely but this is f1 and it can happen, Renault suddenly jumped to the top in 2005, mclaren did in 1998, and then we would have Trulli and Ralf fighting for the championship. Or, what if renault produce a dominant car and Fisi beats kovalainen to win the title?

Jenson and Kimi arent in any danger zone you rectal passage they've both still got about 10 years of racing left at least!

Well do forgive me if i m wrong, since i didn't take up biology in college, but isn't rectum a passage? In that case, the figure of speech used is tautology (or tauntology?).

Well do forgive me if i m wrong, since i didn't take up biology in college, but isn't rectum a passage? In that case, the figure of speech used is tautology (or tauntology?).

Interesting point. There is, of course, the rectum, however I don't know for sure whether it can be called a rectal passage. It is a passage so I guess you could call it a rectal passage? Either way you get my point - anger!

Interesting point. There is, of course, the rectum, however I don't know for sure whether it can be called a rectal passage. It is a passage so I guess you could call it a rectal passage? Either way you get my point - anger!

no ,tautology is wrong in this case. i don't know why. it's just a gut feel for the language.

take it easy mate, abusing me doesn't make me angry. it's 'cos abuses n swear words have lost their sting value for me. years n years of cussin' n being cussed at have dulled my reaction to cusswords ,even if uttered by strangers . anyway, i abuse only my pals. i don't abuse strangers. i mean to say most of us use swear words as terms of endearments.

when i feel frustrated enough to attack like that i try to make it comical insulting rather than harsh - eg 'rectal passage' instead of 'you thick Sh#t'. My wife told me yesterday that she seriously thinks I have anger issues! I would never accept such a thing. Thus I guess I will be in denial forever

when i feel frustrated enough to attack like that i try to make it comical insulting rather than harsh - eg 'rectal passage' instead of 'you thick Sh#t'. My wife told me yesterday that she seriously thinks I have anger issues! I would never accept such a thing. Thus I guess I will be in denial forever

for me , all cusswords/abuses are comical. instead of "comical insulting" , "euphemistic" seems to fit much better , don't you think?

thats good to know, you w#nker :lol:

:D:lol: try w@nker. # should be used to replace 'H' i think so. say how do we get around abuse blocks?

let's see

everybody do send in the loopholes you managed to find.

How's about we don't............pumpdoc :nono1: