Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Hamilton Finally In F1

More quotes from the sacred texts of Hamilton:

Amen.

That big grin that he gets - I get that same grin anytime I fire up a motor vehicle, be it a lawnmower or a racing kart. God I love driving!

More quotes from the holy texts. This one is from the second book of Dan:

That big grin that he gets - I get that same grin anytime I fire up a motor vehicle, be it a lawnmower or a racing kart. God I love driving!

Amen.

More quotes from the holy texts. This one is from the second book of Dan:

Amen.

Amen, brother. There aren't many people nowadays who truly appreciate that a guy can be infatuated with the noise of an exhaust note or engine induction, a clanging gear linkage, a waste-gate letting off pressure; the smell of petrol, burnt rubber and exhaust fumes; the feeling of a car breaking loose under acceleration, a five-point harness strangling you under braking, your tail over-steering around a corner or the chassis rumbling over the turtles on the exit of a fast sweeper... You get it though. You get it because you're a car guy.

God ment for man to have a certain feel in the seat of his pants whilst having his hands and feet connected to any motor, it's a spiritual thing(plus if you get wood it's a bonus :naughty: )

God ment for man to have a certain feel in the seat of his pants whilst having his hands and feet connected to any motor, it's a spiritual thing(plus if you get wood it's a bonus :naughty: )

The earlier quote from Hamilton and my own writing above inspired me to go meditate in my car for a good few moments. I just sat there with my feet on the pedals and my left and right hands on the steering wheel and shifter respectively; not thinking of anything in particular or even anything at all, just sitting there in my car. It is a spiritual thing and my car is my temple.

The earlier quote from Hamilton and my own writing above inspired me to go meditate in my car for a good few moments. I just sat there with my feet on the pedals and my left and right hands on the steering wheel and shifter respectively; not thinking of anything in particular or even anything at all, just sitting there in my car. It is a spiritual thing and my car is my temple.

One of the finest times as a young lad(11or 12) was sitting in my best friends dad's XKE 12cyld. Jag and imadgining that I was driving it, dry shifting the trans playing with all of the rocker switches and making engine noises, now days I get in my Mustang and head for the 'twistys' as I like to call them on most you can't even go more than 40-50 without seriously being close to having the rear-end snap out from under you(not good because if you lose it you either go over the side or put it into a dirt bank) and then hitting a straightish strech were you can blast up to 80 or so then hard on the brakes for the next turn, next best thing to sex! Or better yet and Mike knows this bit of freeway, jumping on the 15 north and going from a roll up to about 130+ between off ramps(CHP hidouts) and just blowing past everyone :D

You know I almost feel sorry for those people that drive econo boxes with their 1. something litre motors and think that they are the $hit, because if you ever got them in a real car with 300hp and 320ft. lbs. of torque they would cry for their mama :lol::lol::lol:

Last and final edit: Like I've said earlier the Mustang GT while a fine handling muscle car it still has a tendancy to understeer, but with traction control and antilock brakes is very forgiving as you can clamp down on the binders with confidence and hammer it coming out of a turn without having to worry to much, but to just remind you who is in charge she will bite back as I learned one day. I was in a rythym section and had a nice pace when I was caught out by a 10 mph hairpin while going into it at about 30-35, hard on the brakes and a overly quick yank on the wheel resulted in a nice 145+ loop that had me almost nose in to the bank. Now that gets your blood going :yikes:

Amen, brother. There aren't many people nowadays who truly appreciate that a guy can be infatuated with the noise of an exhaust note or engine induction, a clanging gear linkage, a waste-gate letting off pressure; the smell of petrol, burnt rubber and exhaust fumes; the feeling of a car breaking loose under acceleration, a five-point harness strangling you under braking, your tail over-steering around a corner or the chassis rumbling over the turtles on the exit of a fast sweeper... You get it though. You get it because you're a car guy.

Feeling the car break loose as you dive for that early apex is like skiing on asphalt; a$$-end out and all opposite-lock. This is where you truly live.

In my life I have owned a 1972 Chevy Malibu, 1979 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder, 1988 and 1998 Supra and a little '92 Honda Civic. From the Supra powerhouse to the modest Civic, I felt a thrill in the driver's seat. Each of those cars I've taken full-balls and I loved them all. I've never put it into words, Dan, but you nailed it. Each was my temple.

One of the finest times as a young lad(11or 12) was sitting in my best friends dad's XKE 12cyld. Jag and imadgining that I was driving it, dry shifting the trans playing with all of the rocker switches and making engine noises, now days I get in my Mustang and head for the 'twistys' as I like to call them on most you can't even go more than 40-50 without seriously being close to having the rear-end snap out from under you(not good because if you lose it you either go over the side or put it into a dirt bank) and then hitting a straightish strech were you can blast up to 80 or so then hard on the brakes for the next turn, next best thing to sex! Or better yet and Mike knows this bit of freeway, jumping on the 15 north and going from a roll up to about 130+ between off ramps(CHP hidouts) and just blowing past everyone :D

You know I almost feel sorry for those people that drive econo boxes with their 1. something litre motors and think that they are the $hit, because if you ever got them in a real car with 300hp and 320ft. lbs. of torque they would cry for their mama :lol::lol::lol:

Last and final edit: Like I've said earlier the Mustang GT while a fine handling muscle car it still has a tendancy to understeer, but with traction control and antilock brakes is very forgiving as you can clamp down on the binders with confidence and hammer it coming out of a turn without having to worry to much, but to just remind you who is in charge she will bite back as I learned one day. I was in a rythym section and had a nice pace when I was caught out by a 10 mph hairpin while going into it at about 30-35, hard on the brakes and a overly quick yank on the wheel resulted in a nice 145+ loop that had me almost nose in to the bank. Now that gets your blood going :yikes:

This reminds me of many nights and many mountain roads (the stretch from lake gregory to lake arrowhead in particular). In the mountains there's no room for error; it's just you, the car and trees. Interstate 15 on the way to vegas in heaven for flat-out speed. The Ortega Highway for giving wood. The many backroads of Fallbrook and Bonsall for the pure fun of it.

This is racing. This is what the fans of racing are.

This reminds me of many nights and many mountain roads (the stretch from lake gregory to lake arrowhead in particular). In the mountains there's no room for error; it's just you, the car and trees. Interstate 15 on the way to vegas in heaven for flat-out speed. The Ortega Highway for giving wood. The many backroads of Fallbrook and Bonsall for the pure fun of it.

This is racing. This is what the fans of racing are.

Don't forget DeLuz, my personal favorite or 76 from Pala to lake Henshaw and the 79 from Rancho to Santa Ysible :king:

p.s. I had at one time a '71 chevell 350 SS 4-speed with 4:11's :D

I like Hamilton. I like the way he races, he doesnt hold back and isnt afraid to overtake anyone. Off the track he seems like a decent down-to-earth guy, happy just to be in F1 and not appearing arrogant or spoilt or anything like that. Plus he's english, always a bonus for me!

I like Hamilton. I like the way he races, he doesnt hold back and isnt afraid to overtake anyone. Off the track he seems like a decent down-to-earth guy, happy just to be in F1 and not appearing arrogant or spoilt or anything like that. Plus he's english, always a bonus for me!

Oh great! back on topic ;)

Don't forget DeLuz, my personal favorite or 76 from Pala to lake Henshaw and the 79 from Rancho to Santa Ysible :king:

p.s. I had at one time a '71 chevell 350 SS 4-speed with 4:11's :D

Yours was faster than mine....though I had the 350 and double-pumper Rochester.

Back on topic: I think jems has the right of it. Put all my 'prophet of Hamilton' stuff aside and jems pretty much described my views on Hamilton.

I'm yet to form an opinion on him.

Me too, although chances are the British press will quickly turn most non-Brits against him.

I hope for his sake he isn't in the number two Mclaren next season, because the hiding a rookie will receive up against Alonso could be career destroying a la Senna & Michael Andretti!

Me too, although chances are the British press will quickly turn most non-Brits against him.

I hope for his sake he isn't in the number two Mclaren next season, because the hiding a rookie will receive up against Alonso could be career destroying a la Senna & Michael Andretti!

Yes it has turned millions against Button, who is a good guy, so hope it doesnt happen to Hamilton too.

Regarding Alonso, I actually hope he DOES get the seat as everyone will expect him to get thrashed by Alonso, so all he has to do is beat Alonso once or twice and he will be hailed as the next god. Alonso is nowhere near as good as senna and I think hamilton will be a lot better than michael andretti was in 1993!

Regarding Alonso, I actually hope he DOES get the seat as everyone will expect him to get thrashed by Alonso, so all he has to do is beat Alonso once or twice and he will be hailed as the next god. Alonso is nowhere near as good as senna and I think hamilton will be a lot better than michael andretti was in 1993!

Im not comparing The 4 drivers, although in fairness Andretti had achieved a lot more coming into F1 than Hamilton has... I still have no doubt Alonso would crush him!

Im not comparing The 4 drivers, although in fairness Andretti had achieved a lot more coming into F1 than Hamilton has... I still have no doubt Alonso would crush him!

Well thats what people will be expecting, and if Hamilton gets beaten by Alonso every single race, Hamilton won't really be criticised for it, so I dont think getting into the race seat will do him any harm. With JB he was thrown in against ralf schumacher and although he was generally beaten by Ralf, 4 or 5 times he upstaged Ralf and then the hype went into overload. There's no way Hamilton is going to outscore Alonso but a couple of outstanding performances which shade Alonso would be enough for him to be called a superstar. Just look at Kubica, he's just got 1 podium and finished ahead of Heidfeld and now everyone loves him. If 2007 is going to be Alonso-Hamilton at mclaren, I think there'd be more pressure on Alonso, who knows that he MUST beat Hamilton every quali and every race

Well Massa has beaten Schumacher a few times this season despite having it etched into his contract that he is not allowed... I still dont rate him though!

Well Massa has beaten Schumacher a few times this season despite having it etched into his contract that he is not allowed...

:rolleyes:

You'll rate him when he beats Kimi next year...

(Yes that's a prediction, I am sticking my neck out )

I thought J_R would definately support the guy...

:rolleyes:

You'll rate him when he beats Kimi next year...

(Yes that's a prediction, I am sticking my neck out )

Big call Cav, it will all depend on how quickly KR can establish himself.

I thought J_R would definately support the guy...

Me too...