Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Hamilton Finally In F1

I just said Im unable to watch it anyway as im moving into my room at Uni tomorrow.

OK well we'll watch it and tell you what we think of him. If he does come across as a prick then I will admit it, but so far he seems like a cool dude off-track who takes no prisoners on track! what uni u going to?

I am the annointed prophet. I will pray to Hamilton and get you an answer to the question: 'Is Hamilton a spoiled prick?'

Stay tuned.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but what would be your comparison between Kubika and Hamilton. Would you think that Kubika has the same potential on being a WDC or he is also over hyped and just had a good day at Monza.

Kubica no doubt has talent and I would predict him to eventuall become a multiple race winner and maybe a WDC. Hamilton has the potential too. I dont think kovalainen is good enough neither is rosberg. Personally there are only 5 drivers who i think will be challenging for the WDC over the next 10 years and they are Button, Alonso, Raikonnen, Kubica and Hamilton.

I think its absolutely clear that Raikkonen, Alonso and Button are capable of winning championships, but for Kubica and Hamilton its far too early to say. Hamilton isnt even in f1 yet and Kubica has only had 3 races, 1 of which got a very impressive result. I wouldnt want to make much of a prediction of kubica's abilities as a GP driver until around this time next year when he's had a whole season of racing against an experienced team-mate. Same with Hamilton, he looks fantastic but F1 is different and we can't call him a champion until he's shown he's up to it.

I sincerely hope he is overhyped and crap (or that he isn't tied to Mclaren long term and can move to Ferrari soon :P ), I'd love to hate him, but just don't have a reason to yet :(

I sincerely hope he is overhyped and crap (or that he isn't tied to Mclaren long term and can move to Ferrari soon :P ), I'd love to hate him, but just don't have a reason to yet :(

He's english and is already being hyped, thats reason for most to hate him it seems <_<

Hamilton: 'I'm banging on the door of F1'

From itv-f1.com

Lewis Hamilton says he is now "banging on the door of Formula 1" after his GP2 title success rounded off a meteoric rise through the junior motorsport ranks.

The 21-year-old McLaren prot

Same.

Hamilton may be over-hyped, but for those that want to turn F1 into purely a personality show, I can't find any quotes from him that are anything other than what he seems: A bright, talented lad who knows he has alot of talent.

I'll re-post this quote because it demonstrates Hamilton's personality to me:

Hamilton may be over-hyped, but for those that want to turn F1 into purely a personality show, I can't find any quotes from him that are anything other than what he seems: A bright, talented lad who knows he has alot of talent.

I'll re-post this quote because it demonstrates Hamilton's personality to me:

People are seriously saying they WANT a reason to hate him - why, cos he's british and might be good?

:huh: No, because he sold out to the dark side, at the age of 10 I believe. He went to Ron Dennis and asked him for a drive - he is Dennis' next goldenboy, I dearly hope that he turns out to be crap, and Ron ends up with egg on his face for hyping him up and pushing him. He is a Mclaren driver, of course I want him to fail. I might respect him, but the way it stands now, I have to hate him.

:huh: No, because he sold out to the dark side, at the age of 10 I believe. He went to Ron Dennis and asked him for a drive - he is Dennis' next goldenboy, I dearly hope that he turns out to be crap, and Ron ends up with egg on his face for hyping him up and pushing him. He is a Mclaren driver, of course I want him to fail. I might respect him, but the way it stands now, I have to hate him.

Indeed, they're are many of us who are looking for reasons to hate him or hate him already. We each have our reasons but I think the following is a comprehensive summary of the reasons why:

1) He's British

2) Because he's British and black, he's over-hyped

3) He's a McLaren driver

Indeed, they're are many of us who are looking for reasons to hate him or hate him already. We each have our reasons but I think the following is a comprehensive summary of the reasons why:

1) He's British

3) He's a McLaren driver

4)He is good ;)

Me too, although chances are the British press will quickly turn most non-Brits against him.

I hope for his sake he isn't in the number two Mclaren next season, because the hiding a rookie will receive up against Alonso could be career destroying a la Senna & Michael Andretti!

don't forget that after andretti there was another rookie, Mika Hakkinen. And that didn't destroy his career... :D

edit, ok, he was not rookie, but certainly Andretti was more experienced than Mika...

1) He's British

3) He's a McLaren driver

1) I think you'll find that we've had some of the best drivers in F1, if not the best. And we have churned out more F1 world champions than anybody !! :D

2) Seriously treading on thin ice there.

3) And the punchline is ????

1) He's British

3) He's a McLaren driver

But dont you think thats quite pathetic? Why hate him just cos he's british? Do u hate me, cos i'm british?

He's overhyped - again, hate the media, not the driver. He's just doing his job. Alonso, Raikkonen, Webber, Montoya, they all got their hype when they entered f1 too.

Third point also is quite strange. I think every driver (except for those at ferrari) would love to drive for mclaren, doesnt make them a bad person!!! So you must also hate hakkinen, senna, coulthard, prost etc.

cavallino I think any young racer who gets an offer from Ron Dennis would be an absolute cretin to turn it down!!!

Not to play the 'race card' here but the fact that Lewis is of color surly does not hurt his chances to get a seat. There is a huge market out there and sanctioning bodies drool over the chance that a person of color will make good, it's all about the money honey and it would be a shame to see Lewis thrown to the wolves before he's ready and then fail............

You're so right there Bruce. The media will work themselves into a frenzy over the first black F1 driver. But let's see if he cuts the mustard before passing judgement.

You're so right there Bruce. The media will work themselves into a frenzy over the first black F1 driver. But let's see if he cuts the mustard before passing judgement.

Not passing judgement just stating that until he's racing in F1 the jury has to be out and let's not hope that there is a 'rush to judgement'.

Sorry. Wasn't implying you were judging him at all. Just a general statement, which would have been better if I'd written it the way you just did! I must stop thinking about food while typing.............. Anyway, time to cook. Pork tenderloin with a mustard crust......... :hungary:

Sorry. Wasn't implying you were judging him at all. Just a general statement, which would have been better if I'd written it the way you just did! I must stop thinking about food while typing.............. Anyway, time to cook. Pork tenderloin with a mustard crust......... :hungary:

Ah dinner time and I fixing to have a brunch consisting of a bacon and egg, cheese sandwhich, potatoes and some fresh watermelon.................. :hungary:

Not to play the 'race card' here but the fact that Lewis is of color surly does not hurt his chances to get a seat. There is a huge market out there and sanctioning bodies drool over the chance that a person of color will make good, it's all about the money honey and it would be a shame to see Lewis thrown to the wolves before he's ready and then fail............

Well said and very true

i think no can decide to like him or hate him as they have not been put on racing conditions. like maybe hamilton was practicing tyre setup or something were speed was not the part being tested while piquet was just testing out speed. also car differences have to be taken into account.

also just to remind you and not to change the discussion of this topic(narian also beat rosbrg in testing just like hamilton beat pedro does not make them both any good drivers)

There's one eternal truth: If you don't like a driver you will always find reasons to dislike him. Hamilton is good, despite whatever is said about him or what opinions are of him. Truth remains constant, only perceptions change. ;)