Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Hamilton Finally In F1

Drib, I like your work displayed on your sig...you have any more pics?

Sure do. How would you like me to show you them?

Ok OK. Posting when you're fissed as a part isn't wise perhaps, but any road up, I'm not a fan of Mclaren, nostalgia and old favourites tell me to support Williams (met him before the his accident) BUT, McLaren have the knowledge and the memories - experience of winning - they can do it again.

What I'm REALLY looking forward to is how close to Alonso Hamilton will get in his first year. Autumn is quite right, the boy has something special. How do you put a finger on it? like watching Senna in a Toleman (yup, long time ago), he has that buzz that other brands don't have. I support Jenson partly because he's a Brit, mostly 'cos I think he's maturing into a great racer - but I really think you're watching the future when you watch Hamilton.

AND, whilst I'm enjoying typing at the speed of a slow thing with brakes on, which knob said that Karts shouldn't slide? (Your pic of Lewis Autumn). Was it Kaiser something? No offence if I'm wrong about you, but I spent 6 years as an instructor for Junior Karts so I would politely suggest that anyone saying a Kart shouldn't slide is wrong, the reasons are ridiculously simple:

The front of a Kart is as wide as a narrow thing, the rear as wide as a Chavette's arse. Arriving at the apex you need front and rear sidewalls of the tyre (tire?) kissing the kerb, at the very least, the rear tyre should overlay the front tyre at the apex. That's a slide. And you need to do it on every corner on every lap. If you can slide into the apex with that already set up to happen, all the better. They have no diff, you need to muscle them into the corner and come out clean.

Lewis on a Kart was truly sublime, beautiful, poetic, calculating, clever - and bloody aggressive. It was like watching history in the making. Frankly I don't care if I'm proved wrong - but he has one of the VERY best introductions to F1 I've ever seen. I've watched him (at the circuit) in his F3 days and later; nothing's changed. He may crash an burn due to age/experience/Alonso protecting his position in the team, but given the kit, he'll get the job done.

Gone for another Becks.

a bit late, but yes, excellent post medilloni' :thbup:

Gawd, you McLaren fans act as if the car is going to be good :bag::rofl::roll::smoke:

How do you know it will not? the 2004 ferrari won most of the races and the 2005 one sucked butt. The 2004 McLaren sucked butt, and the 2005 car won 10 out of 15 races. The mercedes V8 has plenty of power, so the potential is there if they can give it the chassis it deserves.

how about you post them here so we all can see them???

I'll post in 'the cafe'. Thanks for your interest.

Hamilton hmm? Well being quite young, gifted and black (can anyone hear a song) I expect him to outperform another certain British Driver by the name of Button this year...lets see if he gets the same ridiculous hype.

Since montoya has left. who do you support?? or now do you just bash button?

I think he just bashes Button, which is fair enough, although a little more justification of the argument would be nice. Or any sort of argument at all........

I think he just bashes Button, which is fair enough, although a little more justification of the argument would be nice. Or any sort of argument at all........

Yeah but, no but, yeah but Button smells right 'cos Rubens said so 'cos he was eating a burger in the motorhome and Jenson let one rip right and Nick Fry said that Jensons bum is really dirty right.

Yeah but, no but, yeah but Button smells right 'cos Rubens said so 'cos he was eating a burger in the motorhome and Jenson let one rip right and Nick Fry said that Jensons bum is really dirty right.

You almost had convinced me there! :D