Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Hamilton Finally In F1

Congratulations, Lewis! Deep in my heart I would rather see DLR (my latinamerican culture biases me in favor of Spain, of course) but I do like the kid and hope he will race and race hard against Alonso. I am a fan of FA and (umlike other dirver's fans) I am not afraid of the competition he might have :P

Of course, that does not mean that the constructors cup will not go for the Renaults! :P Geez, next year will be really confusing for me.

Indeed. That makes two; I liked Mansell also. Hmm....make that three as Brundle was great too. Wilson, yes, perhaps I should expand that to four. Clark, well I've never seen him race live, of course, but who isn't a fan...well, he's a scot, but it's the same thing, isn't it? Perhaps I have a bit of a tradition in supporting Brits.... :D

At last! I thought I was the only one who rated Brundle. Damn those broken ankles............

At last! I thought I was the only one who rated Brundle. Damn those broken ankles............

I always thought Brundle was reasonable enough, certainly better than quite a few who have been on an F1 grid. I always remember there was quite a clamour about Johnny Herbert at the time, then he had his accident and never really lived up to the expectations after that.

Yeah, Brundle was the same. His debut season was set to be astonishing, until he got c#cky and turned his car over. And he picked crap teams (or good teams at crap times). Goes to show that a biggie can knacker a career in a couple of seconds. But most people remember him for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQx9jzFWyE...ted&search=

Yeah, Brundle was the same. His debut season was set to be astonishing, until he got c#cky and turned his car over. And he picked crap teams (or good teams at crap times). Goes to show that a biggie can knacker a career in a couple of seconds.

It's strange, I don't remember Brundle's crash or even remember him coming into F1, but I'm sure I was watching F1 before he was in it.

Prob about the time I started watching it seriously, maybe that's why I don't remember it.

By the way, Mike, you're going to change your avatar. It's bad enough I think of ykick every time I see DC, but considering Hamilton is only young, I can't have years of 'Autumnpuma' every time I see Hamilton !! :lol:

Prob about the time I started watching it seriously, maybe that's why I don't remember it.

By the way, Mike, you're going to change your avatar. It's bad enough I think of ykick every time I see DC, but considering Hamilton is only young, I can't have years of 'Autumnpuma' every time I see Hamilton !! :lol:

:lol: It was Gilles for a while, but I decided to get with the times and pick a young driver. So why are you surprised at my choice of drivers?

Russ, what always got me about Brundle was how he outpaced Michael Schumacher at Benetton (more impressive now that we all know Michael has a superior driving style). I still wonder what would have happended had he and not Hill, gotten the Williams drive. I think we'd be remembering a different British WDC....

:lol: It was Gilles for a while, but I decided to get with the times and pick a young driver. So why are you surprised at my choice of drivers?

Russ, what always got me about Brundle was how he outpaced Michael Schumacher at Benetton (more impressive now that we all know Michael has a superior driving style). I still wonder what would have happended had he and not Hill, gotten the Williams drive. I think we'd be remembering a different British WDC....

'F1' is 'if' backwards.........dear old Murray.

Maybe his career would have gone differently and we wouldn't have been treated to his commentary. Imagine that, James Allen with someone as equally irritating as him!

I don't think brundle is too bad, he seems to know his stuff. James Allen is basically his sidekick :lol:

There were a few posts about his blackness. Well, Ron Dennis was remarkably blunt when he told Lewis "If you capitalize on your blackness,you're going to have a problem with me" or words to that effect.

Well said the Ronster. However it is good imho that he is black, given that it has been a fairly white-dominated sport so far.

Mate, the only turd is you.

Now how goes the saying? "Every party needs a pooper, thats why I invited an Indian".

How'd you know I am turd? I guess it takes one to know one. Glad to give you company.

'F1' is 'if' backwards.........dear old Murray.

NO F1 is 1F backwards(one-f). :P

Congrats to hamlton, though i think it would be better if he got a year of testing before joing, it is all good. and i hope he is competitve in 07.

I think it's the avatar again, I think you have had it most of the time I've been here - it makes me think you're younger than you are, no offence intended, so don't expect you to support the drivers you do :lol:

By the same token, if ykick is younger than DC, I will probably think ykick is older than he is!! :D

I think it's the avatar again, I think you have had it most of the time I've been here - it makes me think you're younger than you are, no offence intended, so don't expect you to support the drivers you do :lol:

By the same token, if ykick is younger than DC, I will probably think ykick is older than he is!! :D

I'm 36 and ykick is barely out of diapers. Hope that helps :D

I can officially call you 'old timer', seems I'm only 35!! :lol:

:cheers: Cheers to us both. We're too old to be young and too young to be old. I think dribbler is in our age-group as well. Ditto irishfemalefan.

although i did read through this whole post, all i have to say is simply this

Good for him, and best of luck to him

thats really all i can say

:cheers: Cheers to us both. We're too old to be young and too young to be old. I think dribbler is in our age-group as well. Ditto irishfemalefan.

I never thought of it like that, but how true!! :lol:

Count me in for the age group...I'm 36 too :D

Hey, we're rising up to be counted......soon we shall take over the world.......cue evil laugh muhahahahahaha

Yep, 'fraid so. It's a tricky time; i feel physically 18, i look like im 50 and i act like im 12. I guess i should put the three together and take a mean average.