Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

2007 World Champion?

2007 world champion?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take the honours next year?

• Alonso
    • Button
    • Raikkonen
    • Massa
    • Kovalainen
    • Fisichella
    • Kovalainen
    • Barrichello
    • Wurz
    • Coulthard
    • Webber
    • Schumacher
    • Rosberg
    • Heidfeld
    • Kubica

I would say he's been on a lot more than off though! He wasnt amazing at hungary but thats cos we expect him to be amazing all the time. Dont forget he was leading the race when he crashed. And Massa was a lot worse that day. I thought he was pretty good at monza, he did a brilliant quali lap and finished 2nd only to schu!!

Mclaren had a pretty good car at Monza - after quali Kimi said he made mistakes and could have gone fasster, Mochael said he couldn't. At Hungary he was letting his teammate therough because he wasn't fast enough and took his eyes off the ball.

Mclaren had a pretty good car at Monza - after quali Kimi said he made mistakes and could have gone fasster, Mochael said he couldn't. At Hungary he was letting his teammate therough because he wasn't fast enough and took his eyes off the ball.

He made a mistake exiting the last corner, but remember Cav, Monza is a track with 75% (something like that) on full trottle. There's where you see who's the real racer or not. Remember last year Kimi got pole with 12 more laps of fuel than Montoya and Alonso, unfortunately with the egine change he lost 10 places....

At Hungary he was disadvantage with dry weather setup too...

Give Kimi his due Cav, you can't go hating him all the time, he's gonna drive for Ferrari... accept him now cause he will surely make you with his performances next year :D

He made a mistake exiting the last corner, but remember Cav, Monza is a track with 75% (something like that) on full trottle. There's where you see who's the real racer or not. Remember last year Kimi got pole with 12 more laps of fuel than Montoya and Alonso, unfortunately with the egine change he lost 10 places....

I'm not sure how that proves he is a real racer, surely it's just the way the track is?

I like Kimi - he's fast & he's a nutter, which are admirable qualities for an F1 driver in my book! :D Unfortunately, I do think he is still prone to too many mistakes at the moment, something I thought he would have corrected by now. It could be that he is driving on the edge more than some other drivers have to, I don't know. I guess we will find out more when he goes to Ferrari.

Is the consensus opinion that Ferrari will have the upper hand due to already being bridgestone runners, or is there a chance that bridgestone will come to the table with something completely different that fits in with reducing costs, etc ?

I'm not hating him I am just not very convinced by him.

Actually Monza isn't really a driver's track, though the cars are not easy to handle because of the low downforce.

Is the consensus opinion that Ferrari will have the upper hand due to already being bridgestone runners, or is there a chance that bridgestone will come to the table with something completely different that fits in with reducing costs, etc ?

It's just a fall back for people who are getting ready to complain about Ferrari bias next year. Bridgestone are going to be using all new harder compounds for next year (hopefully without the silly Champcar gimmick), Mclaren switched to Bridgestones in '98 and won the WCC, the last time we had control tyres, Ferrari won the WCC in their firt year with B'stone ('99). It is just a silly conspiracy that you'll hear about for a long time to come.

I must comment this.

At Hungary he had bad pair of tyres, that's why he was slow AT THAT MOMENT. At the beginning of the race hi was fast, with different tyres. He also took the pole.

About the car: Even if Kimi is driving poles and dominating it doesn't mean Mclaren would have great car-you must compare to his team mate. Renault and Ferrari have great cars. No matter who is driving them. Just look at the championship points.

I am supporting Kimi next year, but I think that we could have a surprise coming from Toyota or Williams next year, Kimi and Alonso can have a bad year with their new teams, at least at the begining of the season.

Who knows, maybe the Schumacher name will continue on top next year, everything is possible. :eusa_think::clap3:

I must comment this.

At Hungary he had bad pair of tyres, that's why he was slow AT THAT MOMENT. At the beginning of the race hi was fast, with different tyres. He also took the pole.

About the car: Even if Kimi is driving poles and dominating it doesn't mean Mclaren would have great car-you must compare to his team mate. Renault and Ferrari have great cars. No matter who is driving them. Just look at the championship points.

Bad pair of tyres isn't much of an excuse - Michael had a bad set of tyres in Istanbul - thatdoesn't take any credit away from Massa. Kimi has always had rubbish teammates.

Kimi has always had rubbish teammates.

Well thats just plain wrong. DC and Montoya, rubbish??? :wacko:

No-one's going to agree with your view on kimi, he's a lot better than you're making out

no doubt raikonnen will win the championship next year so I will celebrate Button not winning again by drinking some more of my lovely tasty vodka. Also i have a headache, yay!

Next year should be Buttons best chance - schumacher is out of the way, alonso is going to a team that hasnt won a title for 8 years - if Honda can produce a winner, 2007 should be the year of the Button! I'm not optimistic about Honda's ability to make a winner though

why the **** is it so dead round here, jesus do you all have something better to do. Im just being bored trying to finally sober up. lol. Ah well

why the **** is it so dead round here, jesus do you all have something better to do. Im just being bored trying to finally sober up. lol. Ah well

theres nothing to talk about Ben! Nothing has happened in the world of F1 today! I hate it too! Although some news in my world - I've just entered myself into a 2-hour endurance karting race :1st:

Excellent! We will need to know the results of course, and we'll accept nothing less than a podium!! :D

Excellent! We will need to know the results of course, and we'll accept nothing less than a podium!! :D

its november 1st, so a while off yet. Its an annual thing between insurance companies in bristol. I'm confident that I can get a fair result, I expect to beat a lot of the other runners but i'm sure there will be a small number who have done karting more than me. As long as I don't make a prat of myself, I'll be happy!

I'm not sure how that proves he is a real racer, surely it's just the way the track is?

I like Kimi - he's fast & he's a nutter, which are admirable qualities for an F1 driver in my book! :D Unfortunately, I do think he is still prone to too many mistakes at the moment, something I thought he would have corrected by now. It could be that he is driving on the edge more than some other drivers have to, I don't know. I guess we will find out more when he goes to Ferrari.

i wouldnt say kimis car was any better nessasarly then butons but look at how much more points and poles he has !!!!!

Bad pair of tyres isn't much of an excuse - Michael had a bad set of tyres in Istanbul - thatdoesn't take any credit away from Massa. Kimi has always had rubbish teammates.

Well, you just keep going :D

I would say, that bad tyres is best excuse you can have in today's formula one.

About team mates--Mclaren's policy has always been to buy the best team mates money can buy. Something that doesn't happen in Ferrari. Montoya wasn't paid millions of dollars just to be rubbish team mate, neither did he seem that way in Williams. It is not Kimi's fault if the team mates look 'rubbish' when compared to him.

Who voted for Kubica?

Personally I still think it will be between Button, Alonso and Raikonnen!

Button? Very unlikely. He's a good driver, but he's not outstanding.

Or ratehr the one used most often...

About team mates--Mclaren's policy has always been to buy the best team mates money can buy.
Bollocks. That's a stupid myth. Look at their driver lineups for the past 15 years then come back and tell me how Andretti and coulthard to name two were the best money could buy.
Something that doesn't happen in Ferrari. Montoya wasn't paid millions of dollars just to be rubbish team mate, neither did he seem that way in Williams. It is not Kimi's fault if the team mates look 'rubbish' when compared to him.

Massa is better than Montoya, you'll see.

Bollocks. That's a stupid myth. Look at their driver lineups for the past 15 years then come back and tell me how Andretti and coulthard to name two were the best money could buy.

First you say Massa will beat Kimi, now Massa is better than Montoya?????

You're gonna lose some posting credibility here Cav :P:naughty:

Well, you just keep going :D

About team mates--Mclaren's policy has always been to buy the best team mates money can buy. Something that doesn't happen in Ferrari. Montoya wasn't paid millions of dollars just to be rubbish team mate, neither did he seem that way in Williams. It is not Kimi's fault if the team mates look 'rubbish' when compared to him.

indeed! :thbup:

but kimi is better than massa! :naughty:

i wouldnt say kimis car was any better nessasarly then butons but look at how much more points and poles he has !!!!!

:lol: yea this years honda is just as good as the mclaren

Massa has been in F1 for a few years now. Not once has he come close to producing a performance anything like Montoya's outstanding displays at brazil 01, monaco 03, germany 03, brazil 04, germany 05 (where he started last and finished 2nd), brazil 05, and many others. I don't get what makes you think Massa is better than JPM!

Let me rephrase that, Massa 2006 is better than Montoya 2006, and Massa's still improving. Kimi is the better driver, but he'll take some time to settle into the team. Next year will be a big transition year with Brawn and Michael leaving, I don't see Ferrari winning the title next year anyway :(

I've been the whole night watching some guns n' roses videos in youtube.com maybe it's not better but I've been having fun.

Let me rephrase that, Massa 2006 is better than Montoya 2006, and Massa's still improving. Kimi is the better driver, but he'll take some time to settle into the team. Next year will be a big transition year with Brawn and Michael leaving, I don't see Ferrari winning the title next year anyway :(

I do see it winning the title, I read that Schumi will be still working for the team somehow and Massa showed that he can do the job, now it's up to Ferrari to build the best car for next season, and Kimi is an excelent driver that almost won the title last year so, just think what he can do with a better car, I think next year will be easier for Ferrari, they should start the season with a good car unlike this season and that's all we need to be here posting about Ferrari, Massa and kimi achivement.

I think the opposite - Ferrari have the (possible) advantage of all their experience with bridgestone, and have recruited 1 of the top 2/3 drivers. Mclaren are going through more of a transition, what with Newey gone and the new aero team designing their first car without Newey's input. Renault may produce a good car but with their driver line-up they won't win. I think ferrari have all the ingredients to dominate 2007. Are u sure Brawn is leaving? I thought he hadnt confirmed anything yet