Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Evidence Of FIA-Ferrari Connection

I have collected on chronologial basis some facts of the last decade to prove that FIArrari is not the dream of a poor, desperate McLaren fan. It is under evidence that, when someone is fighting against Ferrari for the title this one is under attack by the FIA

1997: Jacques Villeneuve (Williams-Renault) VS Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) for the title:

1997: Japan: During free practice, Villeneuve exits the pits, crossing the white line too early and (instead of receiving a penalty or beign fined) is incredibly banned from the race. Williams appeals to let JV race and the FIA did menace Sir Frank that, should has JV had a crash with any other car he would have been banned from the final race. As a result, JV raced in Japan with taking no points and Schu overtook him in the championship standings.

1998: Mika Hakkinen (McLaren-Mercedes) VS Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) for the title:

1998 Brazil: Judgement against previously cleared McLaren braking system simply based on race stewards' judgement, influenced by an (informal!!!) protest by Ferrari

1998 Canada: Allowing Schumacher to literally put Frentzen out of the race without taking any action against him

1998 Silverstone: Overturning a stop-a-go penalty against Schumacher for overtaking under yellow flags

1998 Austria: Allowing Irvine to move over for Schumacher despite ruling against such behaviour after the Melbourne 1998 race

1999: Mika Hakkinen (McLaren-Mercedes) VS Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) for the title

1999 Sepang: Overturning Ferrari disqualifications for the Sepang race at a FIA court. Allowing Schumacher to drive unsportingly by brake-testing Hakkinen many times during the race

2000: Mika Hakkinen (McLaren-Mercedes) VS Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) for the title

2000 Brazil: Disqualifying DC for similar infringement to Sepang 1999 measurement-fiasco, and not disqualifying Schumacher & Co for plank-wear incident

2000: Outlawing McLaren's energy-storage system

2000 Spa: Outlawing McLaren's previously approved torque-bias(?) differential

2001:

2001 first four races: Supposedly allowing Ferrari to run a system simulating traction control by superfast gearshifting (?)

2002:

2002 Austria: Allowing Ferrari to let Barrichello be passed by Schumacher on the finsh line, not disqualifying or penalizing them but just fining them with a little sum of money to pay, saving Ferrari 1-2 point score for the championship

2003: Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams-BMW) VS Kimi Raikkonen (McLaren-Mercedes) VS Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) for the title

2003 last four races: After Schumacher being lapped at Budapest by Fernando Alonso's winning Renault and losing ground to Michelin runners Montoya and Raikkonen for the championship, the FIA decides to change rules and to put the tyre under control before and after the race. Since the start of the year, Michelin had raced with a tyre that was so performing that, at the end of the races, was out of the measures allowed by the rulebook. But that was not illegal and so was approved by the FIA since the tyre had to be controlled just BEFORE the race...

2005:

2005 all the year: Ferrari didn't agree on the testing days limit agreement and since then, all the teams raced with a maximum of 40 testing days during the year as an effect of a cost saving gentlemen agreement, while Ferrari goes on doing three times the testing of the other teams. The FIA didn't take a position about that and allowed things to go on like that for the whole season for political reasons. Ferrari was, in facts, the only team to have accepted to renew the concorde agreement and subsequentially accept the new rules for 2007-2008 onwards.

2005, the Indy farce: We all know about this subject

2006: Fernando Alonso (Renault) VS Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)

2006 Germany: The Mass Damper is banned, in the middle of the championship fight, despite previously having been approved by the FIA

2006 Italy: Fernando Alonso is unbelievably penalized in qualifying for having blocked Felipe Massa (without any evidence of the facts!!!). Then, five days after the race, the "blocking" rule is changed.

In the end:

In every democratic nation, after someone is said to be doing something illegal he is forced to prove his innocence and in every sport is the same (see what happened here in Italy after the football scandal)...In F.1, after having read of Norberto Fontana interview regarding Jean Todt unbelievable action at Jerez '97, the FIA doesn't even make an enquiry to sort out what happened.

:thbdn: FIASCO

Just more MASSIVELY biased anti-ferrariness. Everything you've said has already been discussed to death. You're failing to mention penalties that FIA has given against ferrari/schumacher. There's already a 10-page thread about this. Take your example of austria 02 - you're moaning that ferrari werent DQ'd; on what basis could u expect them to be DQ'd? They didnt break the rules. They were fined for 'bringing the sport into disrepute', and after that race the ban on team orders was made. I'm a neutral on this ferrari-cheating-debate but the crap examples that people keep coming up with is actually making me sympathise with the ferrari fans

1999 Sepang: Overturning Ferrari disqualifications for the Sepang race at a FIA court. Allowing Schumacher to drive unsportingly by brake-testing Hakkinen many times during the race

That is my favourite !!! :D

I am with jemstride on this one.

My own personal opinion is that the FIA bring it on themselves with the ambiguity of some of their rules. For example, I think the Alonso penalty for supposedly impeding Massa is ridiculous, but if the rule was, according to Mosley, that a person on their outlap cannot impede somebody on a qualifying lap then obviously Ferrari are going to complain, any team would, that is the nature of the sport. Now we all know Alonso was just trying to get to the start line and wasn't interested in impeding Massa, but it was the FIA rule that was at fault, nothing else. And I think it's true of a lot of the rulings/regulations in F1.

No these are the worst ones:

1998 Silverstone: Overturning a stop-a-go penalty against Schumacher for overtaking under yellow flags

1998 Austria: Allowing Irvine to move over for Schumacher despite ruling against such behaviour after the Melbourne 1998 race

Allowing Schumacher to drive unsportingly by brake-testing Hakkinen many times during the race

2000: Outlawing McLaren's energy-storage system

2000 Spa: Outlawing McLaren's previously approved torque-bias(?) differential

2001 first four races: Supposedly allowing Ferrari to run a system simulating traction control by superfast gearshifting (?)

2005, the Indy farce: We all know about this subject

In every democratic nation, after someone is said to be doing something illegal he is forced to prove his innocence and in every sport is the same (see what happened here in Italy after the football scandal)...In F.1, after having read of Norberto Fontana interview regarding Jean Todt unbelievable action at Jerez '97, the FIA doesn't even make an enquiry to sort out what happened.

:thbdn: FIASCO

1998 silverstone: FIA didnt overturn anything. Schuey got a penalty near the end, and drove into the pits on the last lap, and crossed the line whilst in the pit lane. He didnt break any rules.

1998 Irvine moving over: No, FIA didnt rule out this kind of thing after melbourne. You made that up!

1999 allowing Schuey to brake-test Hakkinen - you also made that up, and even if schu was apparently trying to break test hakkinen, hakk should've just overtaken him. no need for DQ/penalty

2000 outlawing mclaren technology: surely thats pro-jordan, pro-sauber, pro-williams etc, whats that got to do with ferrari?

2001 allowing ferrari to use system simulating traction control - what are u on about, got anything to back that up?? Never heard of it.

2005 Indy farce - michelin brought faulty tyres, causing michelin teams to pull out. I don't personally see the Ferrari/FIA connection here.

See how ridiculous you're being? Your sig shows your attitude to ferrari so your extreeeemely biased opinion cant be taken too seriously!!

oh and that fontana story was only reported on a dodgy website so why would FIA launch an investigation, what would be the point anyway. What are they going to do, exclude ferrari from the 1997 results, 9 years on?

:D

Sorry, I meant the brake testing one was my favourite because it just made me laugh so much!!

I can honestly see F1 going the way of football with regards to rules, fouls, etc. Before long we'll have them running staggered on track so they never actually race each other!

Sorry Cristiano, but that really is a load of rubbish.

+1, cry me a river, no cry yourself a river why don't cha.............

I'll try to avoid this topic as jemstride say...it has been discussed in lots of different threads. Some stuff are true some not....

I just want to see racing..... :):):)

You Ferrari people...united to force an interesting thread to die...

you are good, a great team.

thank you Cristiano.

Never was and probably never will be a Ferrari fan :D;)

Thing is that everything that was said in this thread or any other has been said thousand of times and I just dont feel to discuss it all over again.

Never was and probably never will be a Ferrari fan :D;)

Thing is that everything that was said in this thread or any other has been said thousand of times and I just dont feel to discuss it all over again.

......and is getting so old...............

you are good, a great team.

thank you Cristiano.

Nope, can't say I'm a Ferrari fan either. F1 teams, are F1 teams to me and I can't really say I like or dislike any team as such. There are people within teams that I think can be idiots at times, but that's about it. I also personally think all teams are up to the same tricks with regards to complaining about other teams, bending the rules, etc. It's usually just a matter of if they get caught or not.

With being a newcomer to these forums, I can't decide if Ferrari is the spawn of the devil because of Schumacher, or if they were just spawn of the devil anyway!! :D

:yawn:

Jem don't waste your time, it's mostly fiction.

The Fontana yarn has been denied by Peter Sauber if anyone doens't know yet, I won't bother discrediting the rest.

With being a newcomer to these forums, I can't decide if Ferrari is the spawn of the devil because of Schumacher, or if they were just spawn of the devil anyway!! :D

:lol: Some people are facing dilemmas here - especially the Kimi fans - they are trying to morph into Ferrari fans from a mental state little different from the thread starter - some of them have reached the non comittal stage as you can see from this thread :D

......and is getting so old...............

as old as scummi...

Although this is getting old every Ferrari fan will know deep down inside that the FIAsco helped Ferrari big time is 2006!!!

ferrari needs f1 as much as f1 needs ferrari! so naturally its not suprising if ferrari somehow gets more support. even though this is a $hit fact, its some thing that we formula1 fans learn (bitter) to accept. imagine what will happen if ferrari is out of title contention, f1 is going too loose so many fans, esp in grand stands, at the same time ferrari needs formula1 and need to win, just to sell their cars in europe n perhaps america(their most important market).

and i wont be suprised to see kimi break all of micheals records till he retires(by driving for only ferrari).

Christiano, your analysis makes as much sense as an unalphabetized dictionary.

or a lot of Ctrl + Del cartoons... :P

ferrari needs f1 as much as f1 needs ferrari! so naturally its not suprising if ferrari somehow gets more support. even though this is a $hit fact, its some thing that we formula1 fans learn (bitter) to accept. imagine what will happen if ferrari is out of title contention, f1 is going too loose so many fans, esp in grand stands, at the same time ferrari needs formula1 and need to win, just to sell their cars in europe n perhaps america(their most important market).

and i wont be suprised to see kimi break all of micheals records till he retires(by driving for only ferrari).

F1 needing ferrari shouldnt mean that ferrari gets unfair support, and its not something we have to accept! Anyway I dont think FIA do give ferrari unfair support, i just think the monza quali incident was a load of rubbish

F1 needing ferrari shouldnt mean that ferrari gets unfair support, and its not something we have to accept! Anyway I dont think FIA do give ferrari unfair support, i just think the monza quali incident was a load of rubbish

we are rather forced to accpet it! i do not mean to attack any ferrari supporters(and fans), but you will see more of it in the future.. monza wasnt the only incident, you will see more of it in the future..

anyways i feel kimi is the kind of driver who doesnt need the kind of support micheal got (from the team).

anyways i feel kimi is the kind of driver who doesnt need the kind of support micheal got (from the team).

Yes, he wont need it but Ferrari will kindly give it...its the "ferrari way"

Yes I was thinking just this... Im quite sure Massa wont be allowed at any time (as is currently the case with Michael) to beat the Finn!

Yes I was thinking just this... Im quite sure Massa wont be allowed at any time (as is currently the case with Michael) to beat the Finn!

I dont think Kimmi has the dominant personality as Scummi, maybe wont be as hard for Massa (and Barrichello at his time) as other years to get more wins, in fact I dont think Kimmi would allow that to happen.

but the Ferrari support will be there.

well look at ferrari's record, the system works!