Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Williams Retain Karthikeyan

No don't stop. We're just getting started! Whats the probability of a bachelor being unmarried?

In sooth I say, 'tis not one. Indeed it is not certain that somewhere the definition of bachelor is not being changed in some dictionary. Rum old do eh wot wot ?

Just about as Rubbish as the rest of the backmarkers like Sato, Albers, Yamamoto, Monteiro and the likes. I am still waiting for your "expert opinion" on how Karthikeyan is not qualified to be an F1 driver. If you look at his Junior accomplishments, you will see that he as achieved about as much as the rest of the back markers drivers. Prove your point Bajo. Merely stating your opinion doesn't make it a fact. There is no truth by repetition

Indeed it is a shame that Bajo is only Bajo and indeed is not the owner of a F1 team like Williams. Just stop taking the bait

Indeed it is a shame that Bajo is only Bajo and indeed is not the owner of a F1 team like Williams. Just stop taking the bait

Indeed, I should be the manager of not just a team like Williams but the entirity of F1 for my ideas would lead to a great renaissance of the fantastic racing of the days gone by. Let me refresh your memory, I have been a longtime proponent of:

-a single tyre supplier to provide one specification of (non-marbling, slow heating slicks) and no tyre warmers;

-greatly reduced testing, even eliminating testing outside of GP venues in the week leading up to a GP;

-an extended calendar with one week between races except for a three week break mid-season;

-greater freedom of engine design;

-greater engine displacement;

-reduced aero implemented by a total ban on double and triple element wings, flip-ups winglets, horns, towers, etc;

-a standardized ECU with no traction control or other driver aids; and

-no pit-car radios except for safety messages.

Indeed, I should be the manager of not just a team like Williams but the entirity of F1 for my ideas would lead to a great renaissance of the fantastic racing of the days gone by. Let me refresh your memory, I have been a longtime proponent of:

-a single tyre supplier to provide one specification of (non-marbling, slow heating slicks) and no tyre warmers;

-greatly reduced testing, even eliminating testing outside of GP venues in the week leading up to a GP;

-an extended calendar with one week between races except for a three week break mid-season;

-greater freedom of engine design;

-greater engine displacement;

-reduced aero implemented by a total ban on double and triple element wings, flip-ups winglets, horns, towers, etc;

-a standardized ECU with no traction control or other driver aids; and

-no pit-car radios except for safety messages.

Sometimes I wonder if Bajo is George Bush in disguise. Hmmm :eusa_think:

So does that make Puma Donald Rumsfeld? Hmmm... :eusa_think:

Makes sense...Self promotion at its glorious best...still looking for facts that show why Narain is incapable of being a Williams tester on merit. The following are not valid reasons..

"I have shown to everyone",

"Its plainly Obvious",

"Its a well known fact",

"I am right you are wrong",

"I am an educator"

etc.. are not valid answers....

Sometimes I wonder if Bajo is George Bush in disguise. Hmmm :eusa_think:

So does that make Puma Donald Rumsfeld? Hmmm... :eusa_think:

Makes sense...Self promotion at its glorious best...still looking for facts that show why Narain is incapable of being a Williams tester on merit. The following are not valid reasons..

"I have shown to everyone",

"Its plainly Obvious",

"Its a well known fact",

"I am right you are wrong",

"I am an educator"

etc.. are not valid answers....

Son, all you have to do is go back and search for the threads where this has been discussed in detail. I'm not going to rehash a debate that was concluded near the start of last season...

as usual..some guys cant just adjust to others opinions and self proclaim themselves as "THE EDUCATOR", as if they have no other job!

INDIANS! do you guys know what is TATA RACING all about? i used to see yellow indicas (in magazines) with tata racing logos on their sides but i have never seen them racing or rallying!

and during this years auto expo in delhi we were shown some indica (extreme prototypes) that were prepared for racing, powered by a v-6 and seemed to reach 100 from 0 in about 4 or 5 seconds..again we have never seen them being raced!

do you know what is tata racing all about?( as they show in adds)

as usual..some guys cant just adjust to others opinions and self proclaim themselves as "THE EDUCATOR", as if they have no other job!

INDIANS! do you guys know what is TATA RACING all about? i used to see yellow indicas (in magazines) with tata racing logos on their sides but i have never seen them racing or rallying!

and during this years auto expo in delhi we were shown some indica (extreme prototypes) that were prepared for racing, powered by a v-6 and seemed to reach 100 from 0 in about 4 or 5 seconds..again we have never seen them being raced!

do you know what is tata racing all about?( as they show in adds)

:huh:

Nobody knows what Tata Racing is about, why don't you explain? As to reaching 100 from 0 in 4-5 seconds, no big deal. My Porsche can do that all day long...

Son, all you have to do is go back and search for the threads where this has been discussed in detail. I'm not going to rehash a debate that was concluded near the start of last season...

If it was settled at the start of Last Season, then please spare the forum of this useless drivel about Narain. I doubt it that you are impressing anyone but yourself. Like it or Not Narain will test for Williams and Williams alone know why. The have been plenty of average drivers who occupy the bottom grid, plenty of average testers, its not about to change. You have a right to you opinion, and knowing your attitude I am glad you are so self absorbed, for quite frankly you will not survive a day outside of your shell...

I am quite happy to see the likes of Narain in F1. He made it through the junior ranks to earn F1 test drives long before anyone in India even know what F1 was. He didn't have a big last name or big sponsors. What you fail to see (and I don't expect you to change) is that the TATA money is a drop in the bucket($3M) and does nothing for Williams (except maybe pay for champagne in the motor homes) and Narain is a paid test driver.

Yes he did paid for his seat in 2005, which is not cool, but its not a problem with Narain, pretty much all the bottom 4 drives in F1 today are paid (Unless you have Honda bankrolling your joy rides because of your Nationality).

I am not interested in making personal slurs on this forum, but your bigotry is plain obvious to see and you are welcome to being your own sweet self. Actually I encourage you to continue as you make this forum a little entertaining in a George Bush - Jon Stewart Kind of way ;-)

If it was settled at the start of Last Season, then please spare the forum of this useless drivel about Narain. I doubt it that you are impressing anyone but yourself.

What was settled was that Narain is undeserving of a seat in F1 and less deserving than another undeserving driver in Monteiro. I have not tried to reignite this debate but you have. My recent posts about Narain have been either in response to the comments of other posters or current news items.

Like it or Not Narain will test for Williams and Williams alone know why.

No, we all know why: because they need the sponsorship money that Tata provides for them to run an Indian (promotional) tester.

I am quite happy to see the likes of Narain in F1. He didn't have a big last name or big sponsors.

I am not happy to have an undeserving driver taking up a seat that could be occupied by a deserving one. Furthermore, Narain is only in F1 because of big sponsors, contrary to your assertion, and those big sponsors wrote a big cheque, reportedly of a record-setting sum. Why you think this is insignificant to a cash-strapped team like Williams is beyond me.

What was settled was that Narain is undeserving of a seat in F1 and less deserving than another undeserving driver in Monteiro. I have not tried to reignite this debate but you have. My recent posts about Narain have been either in response to the comments of other posters or current news items.

No, we all know why: because they need the sponsorship money that Tata provides for them to run an Indian (promotional) tester.

I am not happy to have an undeserving driver taking up a seat that could be occupied by a deserving one. Furthermore, Narain is only in F1 because of big sponsors, contrary to your assertion, and those big sponsors wrote a big cheque, reportedly of a record-setting sum. Why you think this is insignificant to a cash-strapped team like Williams is beyond me.

All the Narain related threads in the past 4 months (except this) have been started by you and have had only one theme, Narain's Paid testing orgy! And Please name those BIG name sponsors that have paid this "record setting" sum? Are you in Kindergarten or something? Have you heard of this concept called source attribution? F1 Racing Magazine have published the breakdown of all the sponsorship deals for each team for the year 2006 in the June issue (or maybe july). In that the only name associated with Narain is Tata who paid $3 Million to Williams. This is not a record setting sum and in F1 budgets its a drop in champagne cup! Please cite your sources other than those obscure voices in your head!

All the Narain related threads in the past 4 months (except this) have been started by you and have had only one theme, Narain's Paid testing orgy!

How many have I started? I only recall one and that was related to a story in the news not any past topic which has already been debated such as the one which you have tried so desperately to goad me into.

And Please name those BIG name sponsors that have paid this "record setting" sum? Are you in Kindergarten or something? Have you heard of this concept called source attribution? F1 Racing Magazine have published the breakdown of all the sponsorship deals for each team for the year 2006 in the June issue (or maybe july). In that the only name associated with Narain is Tata who paid $3 Million to Williams. This is not a record setting sum and in F1 budgets its a drop in champagne cup! Please cite your sources other than those obscure voices in your head!

Narain's biggest sponsor is Tata, which is not just a big company but a huge one, whether you want to accept it or not. His other sponsors include JCB and Johnson Controls which, again, are both huge companies. The only sponsor that isn't big is perhaps Bharat Petroleum although I suspect even this is a big company by any standards.

Now, as to the sum you mention - that is a huge sum to pay for a the role of second tester. It's not even for a driving role, or backup driver role, it's for the second tester role.

:lol:

How many have I started? I only recall one and that was related to a story in the news not any past topic which has already been debated such as the one which you have tried so desperately to goad me into.

Narain's biggest sponsor is Tata, which is not just a big company but a huge one, whether you want to accept it or not. His other sponsors include JCB and Johnson Controls which, again, are both huge companies. The only sponsor that isn't big is perhaps Bharat Petroleum although I suspect even this is a big company by any standards.

Now, as to the sum you mention - that is a huge sum to pay for a the role of second tester. It's not even for a driving role, or backup driver role, it's for the second tester role.

None of those personal sponsors pay money to Williams. Are you even reading what I am saying. I will try again. According to published information in F1 Racing, the ONLY sponsor paying MONEY to WILLIAMS is TATA. None of the other names you mentioned are Williams Partners. Please go check your sources or show me where you get your informations (Don't include pictures of your arse though).

Tata as big as they are, contribute only $3 Million dollars, its partly motivated by their attempts to build their brand and use Narain to market that within India and elsewhere. that is what sponsors do!

You are making a fool out of yourself...

"Never Argue With a Fool as they will bring you down to your level and then beat you on experience" __ TF1 member (can't remember who)

None of those personal sponsors pay money to Williams. Are you even reading what I am saying. I will try again. According to published information in F1 Racing, the ONLY sponsor paying MONEY to WILLIAMS is TATA. None of the other names you mentioned are Williams Partners. Please go check your sources or show me where you get your informations (Don't include pictures of your arse though).

Tata as big as they are, contribute only $3 Million dollars, its partly motivated by their attempts to build their brand and use Narain to market that within India and elsewhere. that is what sponsors do!

"Never Argue With a Fool as they will bring you down to your level and then beat you on experience" __ TF1 member (can't remember who)

Okay let's just agree to disagree so that I can stop making a fool of myself then :rolleyes:

Posts 78 & 79by stopkdding and bajo weree too funny. keep it up guys. & thanks fo the laugh needed to smile abt somehing today

Ps:- "Never Argue With a Fool as they will bring you down to your level and then beat you on experience" __ TF1 member (can't remember who)- that is actually from dilbert by scott adams

Posts 79 & 80 by stopkdding and bajo weree too funny. keep it up guys. & thanks fo the laugh needed to smile abt somehing today

Post 79 was by me but 80 seems to be by 'abbas gear' :eusa_think:

In sooth I say, 'tis not one. Indeed it is not certain that somewhere the definition of bachelor is not being changed in some dictionary. Rum old do eh wot wot ?

No because it was clear I meant the universally accepted definition of a man who has never been married. If you wish to change the meaning of words that is irrelevant. One can simply rephrase the same concept in new words. The concept is valid, regardless of how language changes or how you choose to express it. Also would you care to consider my other paradox?

Here is a third question. Imagine an arbitrary scenario if you will. Now, there must be some possible outcomes. Then ask: what is the probability that one out of all these possible outcomes actually happens?

:lol: Indeed. I'm almost glad he does it though as we have great fun with the Indians on here! Karty is one of the biggest jokes in F1.

No because it was clear I meant the universally accepted definition of a man who has never been married. If you wish to change the meaning of words that is irrelevant. One can simply rephrase the same concept in new words. The concept is valid, regardless of how language changes or how you choose to express it. Also would you care to consider my other paradox?

Here is a third question. Imagine an arbitrary scenario if you will. Now, there must be some possible outcomes. Then ask: what is the probability that one out of all these possible outcomes actually happens?

:lol: Indeed. I'm almost glad he does it though as we have great fun with the Indians on here! Karty is one of the biggest jokes in F1.

Coming back to the toic of probability you said earlier "probibility can never be one" So i could say the probability of the probabiltiy not being one is one. So you are contradicting yourself on this one.If that makes sense to you.

Perfect sense! Mock's claim leads to a contradiction. So it must be wrong. Its called reductio ad absurdum.

Of course we all enjoy having a laugh at his expense but should we not equally be saddened by the demise of Williams? :eusa_think:

Perfect sense! Mock's claim leads to a contradiction. So it must be wrong. Its called reductio ad absurdum.

I think it is fair to say that it has long since been established that all of mock's claims leads to a contradiction.

Stopkidding: Although it is noble of you do defend your countryman, I think it is pretty pathetic that you fail to realise what absolutely all mentally sane BB members have known/realised, NK is only there due to TATA's money and not his talent. I am pretty sure that any less than almost-mediocre driver could rock up to the Williams factory with a check for $2.9 and snatch the 'job' in front of NK's nose. He is there only for reasons relating to stubborness from both TATA and himself. Had his ego not been as inflated he would have taken the sensible route in November 05 and gone to A1 or whatever. No point in not racing and hardly even testing. A sad, spoiled and pathetic brat, that's all he is :thbdn:

My friend Bob!

Bob, why don't you bob up and kiss my a$$

Illene, I lean over and you kiss my a$$

Stupid, i know :blush:

Mr. Murray Walker, what you meant by the word bachelor is irrelevant. To your third question, the probability of one of the outcomes happening is also not one, because you can not prove mathematically the certainty of any of those events happening. Greater minds than yours have applied themselves to this problem and the relationship between probability and certainty. Well you have your viewpoint on this, and I have mine so lets leave it at that.

Your comment on Indians is unwarranted, my opinion of you which was good enough is unfortunately lessened. I choose not to take your bait

I think it is fair to say that it has long since been established that all of mock's claims leads to a contradiction.

Lay off

Cheif, this is not a claim I am making, go look it up, look up probability and certainty, look up Lewis - Reichenbach, look up "almost surely" events, instead of making half @ssed comments

Nobody knows what Tata Racing is about, why don't you explain? As to reaching 100 from 0 in 4-5 seconds, no big deal. My Porsche can do that all day long...

HA bloody HA, trust Bajo to compare a Porsche with an Indica. Your ignorance shines forth like a beam of darkness on a bright sunny day my lad

i know you wont know anything about it! did i ask you? i asked the INDIAN members! if i knew, why should i waste time asking others?

and i dont care what your porshce can do with regards to this topic..

HA bloody HA, trust Bajo to compare a Porsche with an Indica. Your ignorance shines forth like a beam of darkness on a bright sunny day my lad

:thbup: thats right!

In related news

http://www.rediff.com/money/2006/oct/06forbes.htm

Think of India, steel and consolidation and only one name springs to mind--that of metal maharajah Lakshmi Mittal.

Yet the Rajasthan-born, Kolkata-educated industrialist is missing from this plot. Tata Steel, part of the sprawling Tata conglomerate whose interests include cars, telecommunications, software consulting, hotels and consumer goods, said Thursday it was considering a bid for Anglo-Dutch rival Corus, illustrating the pressure the steel industry feels to consolidate.

Tata stressed that a bid for Corus, which was formed in 1999 through the merger of British Steel and Hoogovens, was only one of the options it was considering and there was no certainty an approach would be forthcoming. Even so, investors loved it. The announcement sent shares at Corus up 12.52 per cent, to 458.5 pence ($8.61), in London.

(The deal is reputed to be worth 2 billion USD)

When Tata's chairman, 68-year-old Ratan Tata, a Cornell-educated architect, succeeded his uncle J.R.D. Tata at the helm of the conglomerate 15 years ago, he set out to unite, refocus and modernise the company's 100 or so largely independent businesses. Aided by cash from its Tata Consultancy Services--the conglomerate's software unit--and the growth of India's economy, he has rebuilt the company's shareholdings in Tata Steel and increased its revenue sixfold.

Tata said a year ago that he was now looking at opportunities to invest in steel companies in developed countries, "but we are making sure that we have secure access to raw materials because I really believe that owners of iron ore are going to rule the industry. They will be the OPEC of the steel industry."

Back in June this year, it seemed as though Mittal and two billionaire Russians would swallow up the steel industry. One was Kremlin-endorsed Muscovite Alexei Mordashov and the other was his baby-faced compatriot, Roman Abramovich, a London-dwelling soccer fan with a big, byzantine asset portfolio. First Luxembourg-based steelmaker Arcelor announced a deal to buy Mordashov's Severstal as it tried to fend off a hostile takeover bid from rival Mittal Steel. Then Abramovich was said to be in talks to buy Corus.

Neither came to fruition. On June 25, Mittal Steel decided to merge with Arcelor, with the new company to be called Arcelor Mittal. The merger has been successfully approved by shareholders and directors of Arcelor, making the company the largest steelmaker in the world. Abramovich never made a move for Corus.

Corus, which is much larger than its potential suitor and employs more than 40,000 people, declined comment Thursday

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Btw. your comment is unwarranted "You are making a fool out of yourself..."

You cannot make a fool out of one who is already one........Old Jungle Saying

I don't like Narain anymore. Read in the papers that he's helping out the "Indian" A1 gp team in an ad-hoc way. He's selected an absolute twat of a driver whose dad ensured him plenty of drives last year.

Narain's career in F1 is as good as over. He had a chance last year to make an impression. He ended up being too erratic, even if faster. He should have outshone Tiago, but botched it up. For e.g in the Indy "race" , he should have come third to make any sort of impression.

He will end up being another guy with failed F1 dreams.