Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Alonso Still Negative About F1

No back-tracking on his Monza comments from Alonso

Fernando Alonso reaffirmed his negative views about Formula One on Thursday, but pledged to forget them this weekend and focus on his title battle with Michael Schumacher. The Renault driver knows nothing less than his very best will enable him to resist the rampant Ferrari man.

"I feel the same - and when I say something it is because I think that," said Alonso, referring to his outburst at the Italian Grand Prix where he and his Renault team felt they were the victims of a conspiracy. They accused the FIA of cheating.

"It is not because I am angry, but because I feel that. Many people feel that but nobody says it," said the Spaniard. "It is my job, my life, F1. I enjoy so much driving the car, but when I came here I still think the same. In other categories there is sport, but here there is a little bit of everything."

Three weeks ago, in qualifying for an Italian race won by Schumacher in emotional and dramatic circumstances, Alonso was penalised controversially for blocking Schumacher's Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa. He was relegated five places on the starting grid, from fifth to tenth, but in the race recovered to fight back to third before his engine failed. On the morning of the race, he said he did not consider Formula One to be a sport anymore.

Alonso told reporters in Shanghai that he will never forget his feelings from Monza, but vowed also to put it behind him and concentrate on retaining his crown.

"I will put it out of my head for this race and the rest of the championship, but I will not put it out of my head in my career, or in my life. Never," said Alonso, stony-faced. "All my career I will have some memories and some feelings that happened to me in go-karts and in many races I did in 20 years, but what happened in Monza will always be there. But, for sure, not now in this fight in this championship. You forget - and you beat the others on the track."

"I was angry at Monza, of course, and disappointed and frustrated for sure. But I still have the same feeling now. Frustration and disappointment. I don't carry anything in my normal day and I don't carry anything in the car. At Monza, I went into the car with confidence and relaxed, because I knew the final target was to be on the podium. I was third when we blew up so this was quite interesting but in a calm way."

He said he still felt Formula One was no longer a sport in his eyes.

"It (F1) is a big show, no? For everybody, a lot of television coverage, a lot of money involved in F1, with television rights and sponsors, everything. And the driver is just part of the show."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duh, get on with it, if you don't like it, lump it

Yeah the FIA is a joke, we all know this! Good for you Fernando!

Im starting to like the brutal honesty of the guy... At first I like many was thinking "just shut up for now Fernando"... But I've really come around to his ways.

"It is not because I am angry, but because I feel that. Many people feel that but nobody says it," said the Spaniard. "It is my job, my life, F1. I enjoy so much driving the car, but when I came here I still think the same. In other categories there is sport, but here there is a little bit of everything."

"It (F1) is a big show, no? For everybody, a lot of television coverage, a lot of money involved in F1, with television rights and sponsors, everything. And the driver is just part of the show."

Get out then Fernando, you won't be missed by me and judging by the FIA survey you won't be missed by many other people either

Sour grapes from Jem is it?

Sour grapes from Jem is it?

2005! It'll always be about 2005 for me, and those damn inherited wins and all that sodding good fortune he kept getting! Oh and his pathetic fist-waving and swerving. And at silverstone he was the only driver not to wave at the fans, or even smile. Apart from that, I do recognise his immense talent

Get out then Fernando, you won't be missed by me and judging by the FIA survey you won't be missed by many other people either

Har Har Har ! well said

I like Fernando - he's a good driver & normally fairly laid back person, but I'm sorry to say that, like most 'celebrities', he's forgotten what the real world is like. It's 1 bad decision & he needs to get over it. There's people dying from bad decisions in the real world, not just losing a few positions on an F1 grid.

Maybe he's feeling the pressure of the fight, I don't know, but somebody needs to take him aside & explain a few home truths to him.

alonso is just being a sob day by day. if he does not want to be in F1 get out go to formula 3/champ car or anything no body cares(except 8% of the ppl)

go to nascar then, as all other complainers...

Take it easy Fernando...F1 desease is leaving the game...next year will be a new and fresh one...

Take it easy Fernando...F1 desease is leaving the game...next year will be a new and fresh one...

Disease ? I guess most people like disease MS because he is the most popular, or maybe he is just a desease to the opposing teams and drivers that cant drive as fast , at least he was never as childish has you 8% loved alonso who is going to need a bigger helmet ,every year looks like his head gets bigger.

MS will be missed as much as Senna was missed I dont think that if your childish alonso went to nascar to team up with another complainer he woud be missed much.

Alnso is a good driver and a champion but he better start to act like one too. A chapion acts like KIMI or MS never putting down their team or fellow drivers, we cant say the same about alonso.

Disease ? I guess most people like disease MS because he is the most popular

People just like a bandwagon.

OMG alonso has grown a goatee and he looks ridiculous

To go with the mono-brow?

I like Fernando - he's a good driver & normally fairly laid back person, but I'm sorry to say that, like most 'celebrities', he's forgotten what the real world is like. It's 1 bad decision & he needs to get over it. There's people dying from bad decisions in the real world, not just losing a few positions on an F1 grid.

Maybe he's feeling the pressure of the fight, I don't know, but somebody needs to take him aside & explain a few home truths to him.

He's cracking...Mark my words, it's gonna get worse....

2005! It'll always be about 2005 for me, and those damn inherited wins and all that sodding good fortune he kept getting! Oh and his pathetic fist-waving and swerving. And at silverstone he was the only driver not to wave at the fans, or even smile. Apart from that, I do recognise his immense talent

The guy is a ****ing clown....

OMG alonso has grown a goatee and he looks ridiculous

never thought he could get worse but he definately did it...

Damn you Fernando!! This guy needs to STFU before he starts to taint his young career irrevocably!

Placing my personal opinions of him aside, i do believe that Alonso is a driver capable of winning races (no where in Raikkonens league tho :P ) but no driver is bigger than the sport. So he should just keep his opinions of current situations to himself and just drive his boots off. The best way to get revenge or silence critics etc. is by showing them what you can do on the track regardless of circumstances.

Kimi has this area sorted, i mean the reason the guy has earned so much respect (other than his awesome talent and legendary boozing antics:-) is because he has treated people to some awesome displays on track even when circumstances where firmly against him!! Thank you for France, Silverstone, Nurburgring and Suzuka Kimi!! Hehe, Alonso needs to take a page out of his book and ignore the media for a while and just race!!

Damn you Fernando!! This guy needs to STFU before he starts to taint his young career irrevocably!

Placing my personal opinions of him aside, i do believe that Alonso is a driver capable of winning races (no where in Raikkonens league tho :P ) but no driver is bigger than the sport. So he should just keep his opinions of current situations to himself and just drive his boots off. The best way to get revenge or silence critics etc. is by showing them what you can do on the track regardless of circumstances.

Kimi has this area sorted, i mean the reason the guy has earned so much respect (other than his awesome talent and legendary boozing antics:-) is because he has treated people to some awesome displays on track even when circumstances where firmly against him!! Thank you for France, Silverstone, Nurburgring and Suzuka Kimi!! Hehe, Alonso needs to take a page out of his book and ignore the media for a while and just race!!

Ah...another Kimi fan who likes to ignore the FACT that Alonso has achieved more in F1 than has Kimi.

by all means, carry on with your delusions :D

This guy needs to STFU before he starts to taint his young career irrevocably!

Isnt that the signature move of wrestler John Cena?

I have just read Alonso's interview, he says the ridiculous 'tache is actually not deliberate, cos he forgot to look in the mirror!

Ive analyzed why there is all this hatred towards the Grand Prix best driver!

Kimi fans - sour grapes, because their drivers career is made up of Ifs/Buts/Maybes/If onlys...

Shumi Fans - They still See Fernando as a threat (which he clearly is) and are upset because he says the truth about the cheating red team!

Kimi fans - sour grapes, because their drivers career is made up of Ifs/Buts/Maybes/If onlys...

Shumi Fans - They still See Fernando as a threat (which he clearly is) and are upset because he says the truth about the cheating red team!

It wasn't the red team the one that FIA siad that had something illegal in their car, actualy I think it was renault.

And the one that is really upset is FA, don't you see his words? and he is just trying to blame somebody else because he is loosing ground in both championships. Let me remind you that was Mclaren and ron denis who started all this about the mass dampers, not Ferrari, and that FA did brake test someone in practice and that FA really block Massa, sending his dirty air on his way to get in time to the last lap.

It doesn't change anything the fact that you don't want to acept this.

Are you now going to tell me that those engines that Renault blown away in recent test, were due to the penalty like you were saying two weeks ago, that engine it was going to fail anyway even with FA on the pole, just read this http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=177151

FA is not a real champ, he want to win with his mouth, what he can not win in the track, in fact I think that he got the same talent speaking and driving :naughty:

I'm not a kimi or schumi fan but I've never liked Alonso

It wasn't the red team the one that FIA siad that had something illegal in their car, actualy I think it was renault.

Thats because the FIA are Ferrari's primary sponsor from 2007!

And if you honestly believe Alonso hold up Massa when the 2 cars were no closer than 100m at any stage then you need to pick a new sport to watch... like bowls or ping pong!