Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

1993 Long Beach Gp

Enjoy.

Great video, nice to see Penske with a Champ car, it dosent look right with a IRL car.

Little did everyone know how crushing they would be next year.

And all put together in sleepy Poole in England.

Yup.

Also, so many people simply believe the hype about Mansell coming over here and blowing us yanks away with his superior skills. Actually, the '93 season was quite tight and Mansell really had to battle Tracy for the title. Mansell made his fair share of rookie mistakes and won the title only by pushing himself and his car to the absolute limit.

This video, and indeed the whole '93 season, sums up perfectly what American open-wheel racing should be. Current ChampCar and IRL have nothing on this.

Yup.

Also, so many people simply believe the hype about Mansell coming over here and blowing us yanks away with his superior skills. Actually, the '93 season was quite tight and Mansell really had to battle Tracy for the title. Mansell made his fair share of rookie mistakes and won the title only by pushing himself and his car to the absolute limit.

This video, and indeed the whole '93 season, sums up perfectly what American open-wheel racing should be. Current ChampCar and IRL have nothing on this.

The sign of a true champ methinks

Its also a shame the demise of Champ car was on the horizon

The sign of a true champ methinks

Its also a shame the demise of Champ car was on the horizon

Indeed a true champion. I suppose my point was that his championship was hard-won and not the cake-walk so many brits think it was. :D

Indeed a true champion. I suppose my point was that his championship was hard-won and not the cake-walk so many brits think it was. :D

I dont think it was a walk in the park, altough I didnt see much of it, I have since found out that it was a good close fight.

The cake walk came the next year, wasnt it Al jr?

In the Historical>videos section I posted a four (five?) part special about the '93 season. If you're interesting in seeing a good highlights (with commentary) program, that's the one to see.

In the Historical>videos section I posted a four (five?) part special about the '93 season. If you're interesting in seeing a good highlights (with commentary) program, that's the one to see.

I'll take a look.

Do you have any footage of the 94 Indy 500?

The cake walk came the next year, wasnt it Al jr?

Indeed it was. Little Al took the title and, I think, that year's Indy.

I'll search for footage of '94 Indy as I don't have it personally on video. If I find anything, I'll post it.

He did both. That Mercedes engine was something else, wasn't it?

Yeah that pushrod engine wasnt bad, even better with the "extra oil tank"