Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso: Is Nothing Good Enough For Him?

Not everyone in Renault focused on drivers' title, says Alonso

dpa German Press Agency

Published: Sunday October 1, 2006

Madrid- Fernando Alonso believes his Renault team is more focused on claiming the constructors' title ahead of Ferrari than helping him beat a resurgent Michael Schumacher to the drivers' crown. "The team isn't helping me," Alonso told Spanish television after he finished behind Schumacher in Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai.

"They are much more interested in the constructors' title," he said.

Ferrari's Schumacher finished ahead of the two Renaults of Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella to overtake Alonso - who was struggling with the right choice of tyres during the race - in the championship standings with two races to go.

Both have 116 points, but Schumacher has one grand prix victory more this season and is positioned ahead of Alonso as a result.

Alonso said some of his team were upset that he had fallen behind the seven-time champion Schumacher but others seemed less bothered as the Spaniard will be leaving the team for McLaren-Mercedes at the end of the season.

"Some were (sad), but others are happy that we have overtaken Ferrari in the constructors' champions and that I won't be bringing the number to another team," said defending champion Alonso.

well its not the first time he's criticised renault. I wonder what he'll be like when he's in kimi's current position, fighting for wins but being constantly let down by his machinery

Schumi's gotten into his head. He's saying stupid things, and he's not gonna be thinking clearly in the last two races.

Schumi's gotten into his head. He's saying stupid things, and he's not gonna be thinking clearly in the last two races.

I think he's gotten into his own head, schumi hasnt said or done any mind games. Alonso's been doing all the talking and complaining and seems to be getting angrier and angrier every race. He's not used to having to earn a championship and he doesn't like it

I think he's gotten into his own head, schumi hasnt said or done any mind games. Alonso's been doing all the talking and complaining and seems to be getting angrier and angrier every race. He's not used to having to earn a championship and he doesn't like it

Indeed, a full blown meltdown may happen as soon as next week :lol:

monza and china reno did let him down not intentonally but still; but the comments he made are not good to givve the team who made him win his 1st and probabbly only Drivers championship.

Alonso is getting big time pressurised with his lack of driving skills in a competitive car

Again, more over hyped media clap trap designed to make Fernando look like the bad guy.

If someone asked "Are the team doing anything special, are they giving you a better car than Giancarlo?"

and he replied "The team are doing nothing to help me" then contextually it isn't a moan just pure fact.

I hate it when this sort of stuff gets bounced around. I hate it more when individuals here can't see it for what it is.

Again, more over hyped media clap trap designed to make Fernando look like the bad guy.

If someone asked "Are the team doing anything special, are they giving you a better car than Giancarlo?"

and he replied "The team are doing nothing to help me" then contextually it isn't a moan just pure fact.

I hate it when this sort of stuff gets bounced around. I hate it more when individuals here can't see it for what it is.

so are all the things FA has said in the past just because bad questions were asked to him. Firstly both drivers get similar cars and if there is a new spec on an engine available FA would get it. like in monza he got the new one though it was unrelibale but still. the team will be p**sed off if their star driver wants to leave just coz he wanted more money or some bad reason like that, so you cant blame the team

What more does he want? His teammate was again better than him and screwed his own race in order to save him, and then let him through later in the race. What a whining prima donna.

Seemed to me that Fisi was faster during the stint that Alonso was struggling with new inters on the front. After that was sorted during the last stint, on drys, Alonso pulled away from Fisi pretty cleanly. This was possibly due to Fisi's choice to preserve revs....What's your take on this?

I think it's a stretch to say that Fisi is faster than Alonso unless you also cite the unique circumstances that contributed to Fisi's speed. My opinion on Fisi is hardly unique. Better minds than mine also see that he has been outperformed by Alonso this season and last.....but I could be wrong....

Better minds than mine

Yep, cheers Mike. ;) On t'other hand I do agree with Cav (and I think you) that Alonso's been whining a bit recently.

Seemed to me that Fisi was faster during the stint that Alonso was struggling with new inters on the front. After that was sorted during the last stint, on drys, Alonso pulled away from Fisi pretty cleanly. This was possibly due to Fisi's choice to preserve revs....What's your take on this?

I think it's a stretch to say that Fisi is faster than Alonso unless you also cite the unique circumstances that contributed to Fisi's speed. My opinion on Fisi is hardly unique. Better minds than mine also see that he has been outperformed by Alonso this season and last.....but I could be wrong....

I don't need to have a take - Symonds said Fisi let him through, end of story:

Q. A lot has been made in recent years about team orders in Formula One, and how they are banned. Was there any hesitation in letting Fernando get past Giancarlo?

PS: Again, we cannot give team orders as such. We cannot get on the radio and say, do this, do that. What we do is we pre-brief the drivers of what is expected in certain circumstances, so we don't have to get involved. They are good guys and they know what it is all about.

Fisi was faster this race - the tyre problem is not an excuse it is solely Alonso's fault, unless you want to cite the same unique circumstances for Massa being sfaster in Turkey.

I have never denied Alonso has outperformed him over the season, however by my reckoning this is the fourth race where Fisi has clearly been better and there have been at least 3 more where Fisi was competitive but let down by his car. And no I am not including Monza there.

C'mon Mike, you watched the race, Fisi rolled like a 5$ hooker on Sunset(or a 2$ whore in colton) :lol: That's F1 and will always be F1, and he will expect the same next year from the young Finn.

Ahh Colton. I know it well - lovely place. Well worth a visit.

Colton, California? it's the butt crack of Riverside :lol:

Murray, I'm impressed, posting at 3am :thbup:

Colton, California? it's the butt crack of Riverside :lol:

Murray, I'm impressed, posting at 3am :thbup:

Thats what I like about it! Oh and F1 is my life and I'm a sad sad man...

Thats what I like about it! Oh and F1 is my life and I'm a sad sad man...

Welcome to the club :clap3:

Thanks Bruce. That means a lot to me. Wait I need to pause to collect myself.......

OK. Thats better. I actually see this forum as a form of therapy. It helps me deal with my issues because I know I'm not alone. Not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone not alone. Ok I almost feel OK to sleep now. not alone not alone not alone not alone

Alonso made at least one mistake that cost him the crucial time he was left behind Michael and then the tyre decision was his decision, so he has no one else to blame, but himself.

Renault have clearly been behind him, you just have to look to Honda to realise that. They tell their drivers to race no matter what, Fisi gave up his position for Alonso and it also was the difference between getting passed in the pitstops by Michael.

I do try to be impartial (really, I do), but Fernando is rapidly becoming an annoying whinging git, which will endear him to no one.

The Spanish media are reporting the same thing:

AS newspaper quoted Alonso as saying: "They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number one to a different team.

"

He said there is 'no doubt' that the constructors' championship is therefore more important to Renault in 2006, and added that only 'some' in blue and yellow uniforms were disappointed to lose the Chinese Grand Prix to Ferrari's Michael Schumacher.

"Some others are happy," Alonso continued, "because we went past Ferrari in the team battle. They are not helping me as much as they could."

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/...003093224.shtml

Pinch of salt time. If these reports are true, and if Fernando's claims have any basis, then why didn't Fisi finish second instead of third? The man is under pressure and he is seeing imaginary enemies, and conspiracies, at every turn......... He really needs to get his head together, calm down and get on with it, or Renault are going to be soooooo pleased to get rid of him.

Pinch of salt time. If these reports are true, and if Fernando's claims have any basis, then why didn't Fisi finish second instead of third? The man is under pressure and he is seeing imaginary enemies, and conspiracies, at every turn......... He really needs to get his head together, calm down and get on with it, or Renault are going to be soooooo pleased to get rid of him.

exactly!!!