Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso: Is Nothing Good Enough For Him?

Pinch of salt time. If these reports are true, and if Fernando's claims have any basis, then why didn't Fisi finish second instead of third? The man is under pressure and he is seeing imaginary enemies, and conspiracies, at every turn......... He really needs to get his head together, calm down and get on with it, or Renault are going to be soooooo pleased to get rid of him.

I expect most of the renault boys probably are pleased that he's leaving, except Pat Symonds who is surely going to propose to Fernando very soon

well its not the first time he's criticised renault. I wonder what he'll be like when he's in kimi's current position, fighting for wins but being constantly let down by his machinery

How about this

"McLaren did not want me to win any more drivers titles with Renault so they paid me more to come and drive the unreliable Mercedes, which keeps breaking down"

:naughty:

MS will just take advantage of all this & walk (or drive) all over him

That's one scene I'd love to see. FA lying down on the race track tied down, and MS running his Ferrari over him, reversing, forward again, reversing, forward again................ :naughty:

That's one scene I'd love to see. FA lying down on the race track tied down, and MS running his Ferrari over him, reversing, forward again, reversing, forward again................ :naughty:

You're gonna cause big controversy with this statement..... :lol::lol::lol:

"Not everyone in Renault focused on drivers' title, says Alonso"

I agree, Renault have now stuffed up the Hungarian, Italian & Chinease Gps for fernando with some pathetic mistakes.

You are a sad sad person who needs serious help!

AS newspaper quoted Alonso as saying: "They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number one to a different team."

He said there is 'no doubt' that the constructors' championship is therefore more important to Renault in 2006, and added that only 'some' in blue and yellow uniforms were disappointed to lose the Chinese Grand Prix to Ferrari's Michael Schumacher.

"Some others are happy," Alonso continued, "because we went past Ferrari in the team battle. They are not helping me as much as they could."

if you ask me pressure is getting on this guy's nerve.........such stupidity.....

and ofcourse Renault is happy for that part....what else does he expect them to do....some people take the postives of out a day's job...

I agree, Renault have now stuffed up the Hungarian, Italian & Chinease Gps for fernando with some pathetic mistakes.

You (and Alonso) cant complain, he went through the whole of 2005 without having a single mechanical fault (whilst his team-mate had loads), and most of 2006 too. I wouldnt say renault stuffed up alonso's hungary and italy races, they were just normal retirements. Strategy-wise they did stuff up the chinese GP. He cant complain though, he's had the luxury of making his (proper) debut in 2003 just as the team jumped up in performance and has had a top car ever since. Most drivers have had it a lot harder than him so he should just shut his face. He's used to having everything handed to him on a plate and he clearly cant hack it when life gets tougher (which it inveitably does when you're fighting for a championship)

Perhaps Renault are thinking "Alonso doesn't care about the team, only himself. He didn't seem very happy that we took the lead in the Constructors' Championship".

Perhaps Renault are thinking "Alonso doesn't care about the team, only himself. He didn't seem very happy that we took the lead in the Constructors' Championship".

Yep but you dont hear them blabbing that to the media. I expect Ron will calm Alonso down and shut him up a bit. Alonso will be put in the 'mclaren personality extractor machine' when he arrives for his first day of work

C'mon Mike, you watched the race, Fisi rolled like a 5$ hooker on Sunset(or a 2$ whore in colton) :lol: That's F1 and will always be F1, and he will expect the same next year from the young Finn.

I'm not being clear. Does anyone have a lap time comparison? What I remember was this: Alonso was faster than Fisi in Alonso's first stint. Part of that was Fisi holding the field up to give Alonso a gap. I approve of this tactic (no matter what team uses it). After Alonso's first pit stop, he made a decision to run new inters on the fronts because he judged that leaving the used ones on would result in them going off before his second stop. As you can't see what the tyres look like when driving, he was going off of feel and guessing.

He guessed wrong. Right after his first stop he was lapping slower and could be seen jinking the wheel left and right rapidly to get heat and a bit of wear into the front tyres. It was at this point that Fisi was all over him and passed him. Ditto Michael. Now jump to his second pit stop that was ruined by the right-rear jack man. Alonso leaves the pits nearly a minute shy of first place.

We then see Alonso haul himself up from being a minute down and in 6th place...to a podium finish. All the while Fisico has had ample opportunity to make this his race. The Renaults were faster and Fisico didn't have any of the bad luck (and mistakes) that Alonso had. So what the heck is Fisico's problem? It seems clear to me that Alonso is the faster of the two.

Now, do you all really think I'm wrong? Murray made a crack about 'better minds than mine' and I'm wondering just how many of you think that's correct. My analysis is pretty close to spot on here (and is agreed with on numerous other forums and published articles), yet I'm getting crap thrown at me for it. What gives? Is the hatred for a driver so deep that you are now throwing tomatoes at anyone daring to state, objectively, what happened? Good Lord.....

Fernando is faster than Giancarlo, no question about it. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that. In China, Fisi did show more speed, but not enough when it really counted, and he was always going to finish behind Fernando (IMO) because I believe it was in the script. He played the dutiful sidekick quite well. You know perfectly well, Mike, that hatred for a driver does colour views on this forum, even though I see it as immature and puerile in the extreme. (Ha, just realised I used two words where one was sufficient) The word hate crops up so many times I think it has lost all meaning around here. I'm rambling. Someone tell me to stop. Anyway, I know what you mean.

I was agreeing with you Mike! Great minds think alike eh?

I completely missed your intent! Paint my butt red and kick me for a fool :D

Anyway, Russ, I hear you. I just lament that more people can't be a bit less biased; it's impossible to carry on a discussion sometimes. Everyone, including me, has some bias, but to carry it to extremes is annoying.

Oh, and yes, I totally agree with anyone who says Alonso's personality is taking a turn for the worse. <_< But I don't judge drivers by their personality. Most drivers are d!cks..it's to be expected.

I'm not being clear. Does anyone have a lap time comparison? What I remember was this: Alonso was faster than Fisi in Alonso's first stint. Part of that was Fisi holding the field up to give Alonso a gap. I approve of this tactic (no matter what team uses it). After Alonso's first pit stop, he made a decision to run new inters on the fronts because he judged that leaving the used ones on would result in them going off before his second stop. As you can't see what the tyres look like when driving, he was going off of feel and guessing.

He guessed wrong. Right after his first stop he was lapping slower and could be seen jinking the wheel left and right rapidly to get heat and a bit of wear into the front tyres. It was at this point that Fisi was all over him and passed him. Ditto Michael. Now jump to his second pit stop that was ruined by the right-rear jack man. Alonso leaves the pits nearly a minute shy of first place.

We then see Alonso haul himself up from being a minute down and in 6th place...to a podium finish. All the while Fisico has had ample opportunity to make this his race. The Renaults were faster and Fisico didn't have any of the bad luck (and mistakes) that Alonso had. So what the heck is Fisico's problem? It seems clear to me that Alonso is the faster of the two.

Now, do you all really think I'm wrong? Murray made a crack about 'better minds than mine' and I'm wondering just how many of you think that's correct. My analysis is pretty close to spot on here (and is agreed with on numerous other forums and published articles), yet I'm getting crap thrown at me for it. What gives? Is the hatred for a driver so deep that you are now throwing tomatoes at anyone daring to state, objectively, what happened? Good Lord.....

Of course Alonso is faster, what is also absolutely indisputable is that Renault used team orders to extremes, and that Fisi slowed down and let Alonso through - Symonds has admitted it. If you are going to remain in denial about that, of course you'll get stick.

symonds admitted it that they they were briefed of what to do in circumsatnces. and on the board next to the pits they would give him a time of how far alonso is and he knw he would have to give it to him so there was not point for him to drive his car like a crazy guy when he will ust have to leave the place

Alonso made at least one mistake that cost him the crucial time he was left behind Michael and then the tyre decision was his decision, so he has no one else to blame, but himself.

Renault have clearly been behind him, you just have to look to Honda to realise that. They tell their drivers to race no matter what, Fisi gave up his position for Alonso and it also was the difference between getting passed in the pitstops by Michael.

Alonso had to change his front tyres. Because they were dangerously worn. His odd driving style really wears the front tyres, so there was no possibility to continue with the old ones.

Last year it was all Kimi's fault, and his 'lack of mechanical sympathy', that Mclaren didn't last. Now when it is happening to Alonso, it is all Renault's fault. Oh boy this is funny :D

in the past few weeks i have noticed that alonso cant keep his mouth shut.. to be honest its him who is feeling the pressure and not micheal..i used to support him(alonso) but these days his character is so sick! just keeps on complaining! oh yeah...some of guys would say "he is just speaking his mind, he is so frank and crap". i dont remember any other driver who kept complaining like the way he did...changing sides for now! go micheal(though i still know ferrari cheat now and then..its ok... :lol: )... i just dont want alonso to win, but its ok if renault wins the constructors!

kimi didnt slam his team when they had let him down countless number of times, its not that he doesnt know to speak, it says about his personality his silence speaks more than his words, he gets on with his life, nothing slows him down, and this is why he was chosen to replace (not just drivers) the multi worldchampions!(not just once, but twice)

go kimi go! :thbup:

wat u on kimi has a personality lol hes drunk soo much he must have a life

he's the most boring person in the world. Read last thursdays press conference on www.f1.com. His answers are so annoyingly boring!!!

he's the most boring person in the world. Read last thursdays press conference on www.f1.com. His answers are so annoyingly boring!!!

completely - and he doesnt even open his mouth on the rare occasion he does mumble a few words - DULL, DULL, DULL

just cos he gets drunk all the time doesnt mean he has a personality - you can hardly imagine him being the life & soul of the party when he is out :eusa_think:

It's nothing to do with being Finnish, either. Mika Hakkinen, Juha Kankunnen and Tommi Makkinen, for example, all were great personalities. Kimi is just mind bogglingly dull. Dull, dull, boring and dull. But I'm sure he's a very nice chap and, anyway, I'm more interested in seeing him race (which, of course, is what he's paid for) than hearing him drone on monotonously.

Few people excel at school. What your job at school is to learn known facts, whoever does this best is supposely clever. The others, they don't have a great capacity for learning. Their imagination is'nt fired up as it should be, maybe the facts is'nt presented in a interesting way. It does'nt mean they're stupid or boring in any way. They (the ones who memorise facts the best) are the ones who go further in life(education), get jobs and then stagnate. Unfortunately they get overtaken by these exact people who has'nt had a great capacity for learning, it's all down to one thing...ambition. Notice how the clever guys at school don't really get anywhere in life.

What is the purpose of this lesson?

Kimi hates talking!!!! His brother use to translate to his own parents what Kimi wanted when he was younger. Kimi would mumble and his brother would say, Kimi wants this or that. Kimi does'nt have a great capacity for talking. In fact, much as he has already improved from the first time we heard him talk, he'll never be an excellent speaker. It does'nt make him boring (do we know the guy personally??) or stupid. We do know his ambition to win the championship, no doubt in my mind he will get there. You're already admiring his skill, stop whining about him being annoyingly boring when he's talking, he's always gonna be that unless you accept it....

Paint my butt red and kick me for a fool :D

:naughty:

Oh, and yes, I totally agree with anyone who says Alonso's personality is taking a turn for the worse. <_< But I don't judge drivers by their personality. Most drivers are d!cks..it's to be expected.

Agreed.

Notice how the clever guys at school don't really get anywhere in life.

Speak for yourself, Brad :P