Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso: Is Nothing Good Enough For Him?

I am completely flabbergasted, how can someone be so self obsessed so stupid, so paranoid? He has completely lost perspective, I hope he goes down in flames, I hope he has to struggle with a lousy car all of next year. I am surprised his head fits into his helmet.

Q. Fernando, apart from the tyre issue, there were a lot of rumours this week about your bad mood; you were quoted as criticising the team, accusing them of boycotting you and I read too that you were angry with Fisichella because he couldn't help you in a proper way. May I have some clarification about that?

FA: No, not a problem at all with anybody. I think all the rumours I think... Also there is a funny story from Germany that Fisichella was going to Michael's party after the race and Fisichella was there and I was angry with him and the team. There are always rumours that they try to put there but there is nothing true. What I felt there is that maybe I had a problem with the car that was a specific problem for ten laps, nine, eight or whatever, and probably I felt alone, for sure.

I was first and my team mate was second and they came to me, they overtook me and they were gone. And after, when I recovered the pace, they were too far (ahead), and for sure it is like you are in the Tour de France in the mountains, climbing, you have a puncture or whatever and your team and your rival has gone uphill with no stops. That was a little bit difficult to understand.

Q. (Philippe Joubin

Don't hold back, Cav. Don't beat about the bush.Tell us what you really think. :lol:

I think he's just making a complete arse of himself. The hole gets bigger and still he digs. I wonder what the Ronster thinks.

The team orders rule is rubbish. I could care less whether they enforce it or not and I would be the last to complain about it either way.

Me too.

Cav. You're too kind to Fernando. He'll be getting the wrong idea. Mixed signals? You know these spanish men.... If I were you I'd really spell it out.

Before he fills you in.

Fisi did a great job in following orders and doing what he could to protect Alonso, and Renault understandably praised him for that. I dont know why Alonso is complaining. Ron shuts up all his drivers so I expect he'll find a way to shut up Alonso too. Every driver in motorsport (except schuey) would love to be in his position

I think this is very fairly put. In any case, we want to see him race and not talk, whats the point about whining about Kimi being dull and at the same time castigate Alonso for talking too much ??

But he is not dull. Seriously. People who think that Kimi is dull and Fernando is really interesting personality, should take a second look. :blink:

Kimi is dull and Fernando is making an arse of himself and Flavio is orange and the dish ran away with the spoon. So what? It makes for entertaining but idle chit chat. Nothing more. As long as they still got they chops.

But he is not dull. Seriously. People who think that Kimi is dull and Fernando is really interesting personality, should take a second look. :blink:

I totally agree with you - I like Kimi and the fact that he doesn't say much makes him more interesting to me because whenever they do speak to him you're always wondering how much he's going to say!! :D However, I do like Alonso too, some of his recent comments I've not been impressed with, but overall he's ok - I wouldn't vote for him for personality of the year though! :blink:

Kimi is dull and Fernando is making an arse of himself and Flavio is orange and the dish ran away with the spoon. So what? It makes for entertaining but idle chit chat. Nothing more. As long as they still got they chops.

Kimi is quite possibly one of the smartest drivers on the Grid. The fact that he doesn't talk out of his arse most of the time doesn't make him Dull. I love it when these Finnish drivers say more in half a sentence than some drivers do in pages...

I am completely flabbergasted, how can someone be so self obsessed so stupid, so paranoid? He has completely lost perspective, I hope he goes down in flames, I hope he has to struggle with a lousy car all of next year. I am surprised his head fits into his helmet.

What the f$%k does he want? That Fisi drive behind him when he is too incompetent, when he is lapping 3-4 seconds off the pace? Considering the fact that Renault have used team orders in this year and last year far more than Ferrari have in any single year, his statements are utterly ridiculous. What a stupid little freak, what an utterly despicable person, what a megalomaniac, what a self centerred brain dead baboon :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Breathe easy Cav :rolleyes:

breathe in......breathe out......breathe in......breathe out......

Alonso is either losing it or the F1 media is doing a wonderful job of making him look like a pyscho....either way its entertaining to see a World Champion melt down like this. But what matters is how he drives, seems like he still knows how to throw that Renault around, though you can see him make a mistake or two these days...

Anyway, among other topics, don't you think JV was one of the best drivers ever? ;)

*step back folks.....Cal is about to go ballistic...*

:naughty:

What the f$%k does he want? That Fisi drive behind him when he is too incompetent, when he is lapping 3-4 seconds off the pace? Considering the fact that Renault have used team orders in this year and last year far more than Ferrari have in any single year, his statements are utterly ridiculous. What a stupid little freak, what an utterly despicable person, what a megalomaniac, what a self centerred brain dead baboon :angry::angry:

I'm been trying to figure this out Cav, I also wanted to post this too, he's contradicting himself at every turn with these latest statements... I think he realises he still needs Renault after he blew hot at his team.....

What the f$%k does he want? That Fisi drive behind him when he is too incompetent, when he is lapping 3-4 seconds off the pace? Considering the fact that Renault have used team orders in this year and last year far more than Ferrari have in any single year, his statements are utterly ridiculous. What a stupid little freak, what an utterly despicable person, what a megalomaniac, what a self centerred brain dead baboon :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Fernando's comments are quite interesting. I've seen the race three times now and heard two different commentaries and I certainly didn't have the same impression of what was happening. It seemed to me that Fisi was deliberately holding station behind Alonso and that he could have passed him within one or two corners as Michael did when he got behind, should he have wanted to. The fact that he stayed behind was good team play IMO. I understand that later on, when it became clear that Michael was going to pass him if he maintained that slow pace for much longer, Fisi's engineer, Alain Permaine, lobbied for Flavio to allow him to pass which he then did after getting permission. If Fernando should be upset with anyone, it should be Flav.

Don't hold back, Cav. Don't beat about the bush.Tell us what you really think. :lol:

I think he's just making a complete arse of himself. The hole gets bigger and still he digs. I wonder what the Ronster thinks.

When McRon hired Fernando, he was probably admiring the way the Almighty Eyebrows kept personal comments, mostly, out of the press. McRon doesn't really like idiot drivers speaking out like Alonso is doing now. I'm sure it will stop once he lands into the McLaren garages.

Another thing Fernando should realize is that if Hamilton sits in the other McLaren, you can bet team orders will go Hamilton's way, not Alonso's....

Kimi is quite possibly one of the smartest drivers on the Grid. The fact that he doesn't talk out of his arse most of the time doesn't make him Dull. I love it when these Finnish drivers say more in half a sentence than some drivers do in pages...

I don't know....in a recent article on itv-F1.com both Kimi and Ron are quoted as calling Kimi 'a bit lazy' when concerning testing. That doesn't scream 'smartest' to me...

I don't know....in a recent article on itv-F1.com both Kimi and Ron are quoted as calling Kimi 'a bit lazy' when concerning testing. That doesn't scream 'smartest' to me...

Yeah, I don't see any indication that Kimi is much more than a talented young driver. He doesn't seem all that dedicated nor technically-inclined or strategy-minded like Herr Schumacher is famous for. For these reasons, I see him as a cut below. If anyone is a rival for Michael on intelligence terms it has to be Alonso. He has impressed me greatly with his mastery of race management - whether it be his ace tyre-warming, extreme backing up of the field for starts and restarts or his use of back-markers, circuit and relative car characteristics to defend positions. Recall Imola last year where he brilliantly defended from Schumacher who was 2 seconds a lap faster by being late on the brakes (too fast for the corner really), slowing up mid-corner where Schumacher could not pass and then using his Renault's better traction out of the corner to survive to the next corner.

good post cav. Took e a time to read the whole article. BUt this is the first time ironicly he as thanked reno for getting him the drivers last year :P . Anyways after his recent comments(even though autumnpuma said not to) he is letting the pressure get to him and shold be left ALONE for some time. No press interviews and kepa low profile for the news to die down

Yeah, I don't see any indication that Kimi is much more than a talented young driver. He doesn't seem all that dedicated nor technically-inclined or strategy-minded like Herr Schumacher is famous for. For these reasons, I see him as a cut below. If anyone is a rival for Michael on intelligence terms it has to be Alonso. He has impressed me greatly with his mastery of race management - whether it be his ace tyre-warming, extreme backing up of the field for starts and restarts or his use of back-markers, circuit and relative car characteristics to defend positions. Recall Imola last year where he brilliantly defended from Schumacher who was 2 seconds a lap faster by being late on the brakes (too fast for the corner really), slowing up mid-corner where Schumacher could not pass and then using his Renault's better traction out of the corner to survive to the next corner.

Agreed. I'd say Nico's academically the smartest but I've yet to see it applied under real pressure. Personally I don't see the same dedication, fitness or intelligence that Michael has/had in anyone else around. Thats treating each quality individually, let alone combining them!

Agreed. I'd say Nico's academically the smartest but I've yet to see it applied under real pressure. Personally I don't see the same dedication, fitness or intelligence that Michael has/had in anyone else around. Thats treating each quality individually, let alone combining them!

Indeed.

I totally agree with you - I like Kimi and the fact that he doesn't say much makes him more interesting to me because whenever they do speak to him you're always wondering how much he's going to say!! :D However, I do like Alonso too, some of his recent comments I've not been impressed with, but overall he's ok - I wouldn't vote for him for personality of the year though! :blink:

I would vote for Speed. He is always in a very good mood.

good post cav. Took e a time to read the whole article. BUt this is the first time ironicly he as thanked reno for getting him the drivers last year :P . Anyways after his recent comments(even though autumnpuma said not to) he is letting the pressure get to him and shold be left ALONE for some time. No press interviews and kepa low profile for the news to die down

Hmm...I seem to remember Alonso thanking people left and right after races and the championship... :eusa_think: I suppose I could dig up some quotes, but as they're easy enough to find (grandprix.com has an easy, quick archive of post-race comments) I'll leave it to the curious to go hunt.

As for me saying not to... :lol: ...my friend, say whatever you want to; my comments were about keeping it nice when responding to fellow posters (very hard to do sometimes, but we'll all keep working at it) and to a lesser extent not going to the far extremes of bashing (read: feeding frenzy)....

Schumacher confident, despite rain in Japan

It was almost dark by the time Michael Schumacher fulfilled his usual 4.30 appointment with the media on Thursday afternoon and in fact the meeting had to be cut short when torrential rain came down. Those same media had been very complimentary about the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro driver's performance in Shanghai, describing it as one of his best races ever, but the German did not seem to want to make much of a fuss about it.

"I have seen the race in China and I have to say it was a good one," was his modest assessment. "Everything worked well and also we had an element of luck that helped us. It is nice to be leading the world championship again, but it does not really mean much at this stage. It is more important to be in this position at the end and not just for the Drivers championship but in the Constructors' too. It was a bit unfortunate that we lost the lead in the Constructors and that was just because Felipe was unable to finish the race in China. The conditions were very difficult, but we still have two more races and I know I can rely on my team-mate to be very motivated, not just for the Constructors but also for himself in his fight for third position."

Level on points with Alonso with two races to go, but Michael was quick to point out this was not a new experience

Hmm...I seem to remember Alonso thanking people left and right after races and the championship...

No i meant recently amid his nice commments about reno and fisi