Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Crying Towel

Well you do live in Riverside, soooooooooooooooooooooooo :eusa_think:

Yup. The aliens seem to like the white trash. I think they caught me because I like NASCAR, but let me go as soon as they realized I also like F1.

Yup. The aliens seem to like the white trash. I think they caught me because I like NASCAR, but let me go as soon as they realized I also like F1.

Question, do you ever see the blue sky?

Only when I visit the in-laws in Fallbrook :P

What part of Fallbrook? do they have a well?

Cav... I re-read and get your point. Yes, what FA said was dumb I agree. Call me crazy, but you pointing this out in a condescending way is not an act the exemplifies the word 'class'.

And I intend to stick around and passively read / occasionally post so keep the champagne corked.

To take a step back and be fair -- Schumi really does deserve a ton of praise and respect. He had the car and the people behind him, but that is also largely attributable to his personna and his abilities. Technically, he was and still is an excellent driver. Very efficient, very consistent, and he timed his attacking and defending impeccably. His skills in the wet are really unparalleled IMO. I humbly and strongly disagree with the assertion that he was a class act -- a few smiles and pats on the back will never erase the ridiculously unsporting behaviour he has displayed again and again.

But at the end of the day history will say that he was a SEVEN time world champion and that speaks for itself. As much as I loved to root against the man, I tip my hat and salute one of the greatest drivers in F1 history :thbup:

All I can say is that it was most unfortunate. But take heart all you Schumi fans, he went down fighting in argubly the greatest comeback in F1. He showed that he is the best F1 driver on the track this year.

All hail the king! :king:

Cav... I re-read and get your point. Yes, what FA said was dumb I agree. Call me crazy, but you pointing this out in a condescending way is not an act the exemplifies the word 'class'.

And I intend to stick around and passively read / occasionally post so keep the champagne corked.

To take a step back and be fair -- Schumi really does deserve a ton of praise and respect. He had the car and the people behind him, but that is also largely attributable to his personna and his abilities. Technically, he was and still is an excellent driver. Very efficient, very consistent, and he timed his attacking and defending impeccably. His skills in the wet are really unparalleled IMO. I humbly and strongly disagree with the assertion that he was a class act -- a few smiles and pats on the back will never erase the ridiculously unsporting behaviour he has displayed again and again.

But at the end of the day history will say that he was a SEVEN time world champion and that speaks for itself. As much as I loved to root against the man, I tip my hat and salute one of the greatest drivers in F1 history :thbup:

Excellent post. However, people don't really understand the "unsportive behaviour" everyone's been talking about. I'm sure nobody knows what's written on that contract before the drivers are made to sign it. So basically, the people inside Formula 1 don't take it too seriously, it's just the media poisoning everyones minds. The same with Fernando, I don't think his comments/statements were really intentional, it has definately something to do with the media screwing up things as usual. Both of these drivers have a great personality no doubt and all these controversies are another game played by the media in their pass time.

All I can say is that it was most unfortunate. But take heart all you Schumi fans, he went down fighting in argubly the greatest comeback in F1. He showed that he is the best F1 driver on the track this year.

All hail the king! :king:

The war is not over yet.. :naughty:

Excellent post. However, people don't really understand the "unsportive behaviour" everyone's been talking about. I'm sure nobody knows what's written on that contract before the drivers are made to sign it. So basically, the people inside Formula 1 don't take it too seriously, it's just the media poisoning everyones minds. The same with Fernando, I don't think his comments/statements were really intentional, it has definately something to do with the media screwing up things as usual. Both of these drivers have a great personality no doubt and all these controversies are another game played by the media in their pass time.

Indeed, while the fat lady may be warming up her pipes, she hasn't sung yet...................

I left the forum for a while because this is a RED forum and all of you people are mocking of everything that is against your red god, so I saved some angry days and waited for some better weather as you say...but is not my problem really, I'm really happy all your mock turned against you...is better to wait a little than presume something before it happens...thats why i will continue out of the forum until the championship is over.

Have a nice day ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks Blitz... re: unsporting behaviour -- I was more so alluding to Adelaide, Jerez, Monaco, et al. Schumi's been on his best behaviour this year in front of the media and that's well and good for him and his publicists. But my opinion on his sportsmanship was forged well before his recent spell of politeness.

It's over. Even Schumacher conceded to Alonso saying he doesn't want to win hoping that Alonso wouldn't finish. It's not the way he wants to go out. For him 7 or 8 World championships don't matter, what mattered that he fought for victory every time he raced. He showed beyond doubt that he is still the man to beat. I think its time for him to hang it up!

Thanks for 12 years of great memories Schumi. After Senna died, you kept the sport alive for me!

It's over. Even Schumacher conceded to Alonso saying he doesn't want to win hoping that Alonso wouldn't finish. It's not the way he wants to go out. For him 7 or 8 World championships don't matter, what mattered that he fought for victory every time he raced. He showed beyond doubt that he is still the man to beat. I think its time for him to hang it up!

Thanks for 12 years of great memories Schumi. After Senna died, you kept the sport alive for me!

Hehe, don't underestimate his comments, my friend. There's a meaning behind it, that's how we Germans are :naughty: . I repeat, the war is not over :naughty: . He's going to fight till the end. I just know something is going to happen and Brazil is going to be one race that will forever be remembered :)

Hehe, don't underestimate his comments, my friend. There's a meaning behind it, that's how we Germans are :naughty: . I repeat, the war is not over :naughty: . He's going to fight till the end. I just know something is going to happen and Brazil is going to be one race that will forever be remembered :)

I think ferrari will go all out for the constructors champions, I hate to see a mockery being made of the spirit of F1 if they try anything stupid with the drivers championship

I left the forum for a while because this is a RED forum and all of you people are mocking of everything that is against your red god, so I saved some angry days and waited for some better weather as you say...but is not my problem really, I'm really happy all your mock turned against you...is better to wait a little than presume something before it happens...thats why i will continue out of the forum until the championship is over.

Have a nice day ladies and gentlemen.

Just make sure you come back, Ecap.

The race will allways be remembered despite the result as schumi's last race. It would be more memorable if he wins thwe WDC but that's not gonna happen so...

Even WCC if quite hard they need at least one reno out the race for that as reno is like 9 points above which does not have a good chance of happening.

What part of Fallbrook? do they have a well?

Up on Wilt road, just by the 15. I'd assume so on the well...I'll ask about it next time I'm there.