Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Ferrai Warns Renault On Dirty Tactics

The Ferrari team has sent out a warning to championship rivals Renault to expect dirty tactics to be used in the last two races of 2006.

As team-mates Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella tried to keep Michael Schumacher behind them on the Shanghai circuit last Sunday, they resorted to driving side-by-side down the straights in an apparently elaborate and dubious blocking technique.

Ferrari boss Jean Todt observed: "We have learned from what our rivals did. We now know what is allowed. It is up to you to judge if (the tactics) are usual or unusual. We are just taking it into consideration.

"

"We have demonstrated we are very tight and hard competitors to fight with as well, so it will be interesting."

A source close to the Renault team, meanwhile, insists that neither driver was specifically instructed by pit-to-car radio to obstruct Schumacher, even if the pair 'know what is expected of them'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makes one want to puke, where are the FIA - ferrari conspiracy theorists of the world ?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, Ferrari talking about dirty tactics... Im gonna p!ss myself laughing.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, Ferrari talking about dirty tactics... Im gonna p!ss myself laughing.

Yeah, they are particularly ill placed for this kind of comment indeed.

Im just waiting for Hitlers Personal Assistant to release a statement saying that what George Bush is doing in Iraq is wrong...

I agree that Ferrari/Schumacher are hardly ones to talk, however if Massa & Schumacher had done on track what Alonso & Fisi did, then there would have been a fair few more comments about it today.

I'm all for it, personally, it was nice to see that 3 way battle going on & I couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Im just waiting for Hitlers Personal Assistant to release a statement saying that what George Bush is doing in Iraq is wrong...

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO, Look who's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wez has recovered... :lol:

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO, Look who's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wez has recovered... :lol:

I didnt need recovering from the Grand Prix... I went to a massive rave this weekend and needed recovering from that alright though!

I didnt need recovering from the Grand Prix... I went to a massive rave this weekend and needed recovering from that alright though!

I use to do that back in the days.... Esp, Bump I've done 'em all..... Last house/rave dig i attended was when DJ Ti

I use to do that back in the days.... Esp, Bump I've done 'em all..... Last house/rave dig i attended was when DJ Ti

I did marvel at some beautiful ladies doing it topless in the pool....aaahhhhh wonderful memories.....

Fancy coming out with a statement like that & not having some photos to share with us!! :D

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Good 1.....

And also this came out from Jean Todt itself....the biggest dirty player / cheater next to MS.

Fancy coming out with a statement like that & not having some photos to share with us!! :D

I did'nt take pics, it was quite unbelievable though. They replayed it again on 2 big screens hosted quite high, this one one blonde dipping in the water and splashing up topless,....as I said, quite wonderful to behold....

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Good 1.....

And also this came out from Jean Todt itself....the biggest dirty player / cheater next to MS.

I think I would trust any of the team bosses as far as I could throw them! :blink:

I did'nt take pics, it was quite unbelievable though. They replayed it again on 2 big screens hosted quite high, this one one blonde dipping in the water and splashing up topless,....as I said, quite wonderful to behold....

I can well imagine!! It's usually better if it's unexpected....... :D

i'm surprised todt is saying this as schuey won the race anyway. At the time I didnt think renault were trying to block the road, I just thought fisi was pulling out to overtake alonso (but the first time decided to back off)

Respect brother!

i'm surprised todt is saying this as schuey won the race anyway. At the time I didnt think renault were trying to block the road, I just thought fisi was pulling out to overtake alonso (but the first time decided to back off)

Is there a rule that two cars cant be along side??? :eusa_think::blink:

If not then JT should not complain...if it is.....hell f...it fifi tryed to overtake FA but didnt have the balls to do it :D:D

If not then JT should not complain...if it is.....hell f...it fifi tryed to overtake FA but didnt have the balls to do it :D:D

I think Fisi was just showing that he could easily pass Alonso if he wanted to, maybe to show his team that they should really let him pass, which they did after a couple of laps

I agree that Ferrari/Schumacher are hardly ones to talk, however if Massa & Schumacher had done on track what Alonso & Fisi did, then there would have been a fair few more comments about it today.

I'm all for it, personally, it was nice to see that 3 way battle going on & I couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Driving in tandem on track to block someone is hardly normal behaviour, and has surprisingly escaped censure simply because it wasn't Ferrari. As Todt implies but leaves unsaid, it is annoying to not know what is acceptable and what isn't, brazen blocking seems ok, so is giving up a position near the end of the race.

I keep repeating this, but the double standards of the English media are staggering, after Turkey, Todt was asked if he would have asked Massa to move over, when Renault actually did it, nobody dares squeek.

Damn frustrating, the only reason Alonso is still in the fight is because of the use of illegal team orders :angry:

Well you would hope not, wouldn't you, but knowing the FIA........ :D

I think Todt was mentioning it because Fisi never had any intentions of overtaking Alonso at first, until they realised how slow Alonso had become, and so he was just blocking Schumacher.

As I said before, I didn't see anything wrong with it, it's not like Fisi moved all over the road to keep Schumacher back. I just hope that if Ferrari do the same, then everybody doesn't start complaining.

Well you would hope not, wouldn't you, but knowing the FIA........ :D

Exactly...

Damn frustrating, the only reason Alonso is still in the fight is because of the use of illegal team orders :angry:

If Schu had got past alonso in turkey, massa would've moved over. When fisi is ahead of alonso, he moves over. Nothing abnormal about it really. To be honest I think Alonso would've caught and passed Fisi even if Fisi was driving for another team

If Schu had got past alonso in turkey, massa would've moved over. When fisi is ahead of alonso, he moves over. Nothing abnormal about it really. To be honest I think Alonso would've caught and passed Fisi even if Fisi was driving for another team

I would agree with that. I still don't see the fuss people make about team orders anyway - it is a team sport, it is what it is.

Fisi's revs were turned down after schumie passed him, one of post-race comments....., Micheal did the same, makes Alonso's charge look even more foolish...