Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Ferrai Warns Renault On Dirty Tactics

To be honest I think Alonso would've caught and passed Fisi even if Fisi was driving for another team

:blink: Why would Fisi slow down and let Alonso through if he was driving for another team?

Fisi's revs were turned down after schumie passed him, one of post-race comments....., Micheal did the same, makes Alonso's charge look even more foolish...

Now I know we both dislike Alonso but we still have to be fair - Alonso's charge was pretty good, he was bloody fast, and for once didnt just settle for a podium position.

lol @ Ferrari and JT... not the best subject for them to talk on.

I didn't think its what Reno were doing... they did it once, and Fisi got past, but alonso went back past after, then the next lap Fisi got past for good, I thought..... Don't see what the deal is. If they had kept it up, I certainly could see why it would be questionable, however.

he was bloody fast, and for once didnt just settle for a podium position.

He couldn't, something is at stake now, he can't stroll to the title :D

Now I know we both dislike Alonso but we still have to be fair - Alonso's charge was pretty good, he was bloody fast, and for once didnt just settle for a podium position.

I know they're trying to cut costs in F1, but I wish they would do it some other way than making an engine last 2 races and the penalty involved when an engine is replaced because I want to see more of this type of racing. I want to see people driving on the ragged edge, I want to see people not giving up until the race is over, I want to see people making charges. Mansell made his name doing it, Schumacher has done it countless times and I think Alonso should be applauded for doing it.

I have quoted this before & I will quote it again - one is either a race driver, or one is not.

I know we dislike him and I know we still have to be fair, but in my mind he chooses the wrong moment to charge. The Ferrari is AS FAST AS THE RENAULT and more RELIABLE jem, this is'nt a case of Alonso chasing unreliable Mclarens. He has to use this engine at Suzuka again, the likelyhood of Alonso beating Micheal at the chinese grand prix was like...1/ 100....maybe??? he should THINK as a driver for god's sake*...

EDIT: ok, I did'nt see those postings after yours again jem....

I know they're trying to cut costs in F1, but I wish they would do it some other way than making an engine last 2 races and the penalty involved when an engine is replaced because I want to see more of this type of racing.

yeah its something a lot of us have been saying for a long time. F1 does need to cut costs but it needs to be done in a way that doesnt affect the racing. All this 'saving your engine' and turning down the revs etc means less driving your bollocks off

I know we dislike him and I know we still have to be fair, but in my mind he chooses the wrong moment to charge. The Ferrari is AS FAST AS THE RENAULT and more RELIABLE jem, this is'nt a case of Alonso chasing unreliable Mclarens. He has to use this engine at Suzuka again, the likelyhood of Alonso beating Micheal at the chinese grand prix was like...1/ 100....maybe??? he should THINK as a driver for god's sake....

I know what you're saying Brad and in most respects it's right what you're saying, but say Michael started to have a problem with graining on his tyres with a few laps left, for example, so started being a few seconds a lap slower - Alonso would have been in a position to take the lead (barring any ramming :blink: ) whereas if he hadn't have pushed, then he wouldn't be able to take advantage. I can't fault a guy for trying like that because as far as I'm concerned it ain't over til the fat lady sings!

I know what you're saying Brad and in most respects it's right what you're saying, but say Michael started to have a problem with graining on his tyres with a few laps left, for example, so started being a few seconds a lap slower - Alonso would have been in a position to take the lead (barring any ramming :blink: ) whereas if he hadn't have pushed, then he wouldn't be able to take advantage. I can't fault a guy for trying like that because as far as I'm concerned it ain't over til the fat lady sings!

they put brand new dry tyres on for the last 16 laps, MS is 26 seconds ahead, MS makes his stop later than Alonso....come on...please...

ahem.....not even Kimi could've pulled this one of.... :D

well at least he tried. Alonso would have been kicking himself if he hadnt had that charge, and MS had a problem on the last lap which caused him to slow down

they put brand new dry tyres on for the last 16 laps, MS is 26 seconds ahead, MS makes his stop later than Alonso....come on...please...

ahem.....not even Kimi could've pulled this one of.... :D

Now, now, don't get pedantic with me!! :D I was just using that as an example, it could be anything - sick engine, stuck in 5th gear......... :lol:

Now, now, don't get pedantic with me!! :D I was just using that as an example, it could be anything - sick engine, stuck in 5th gear......... :lol:

oh ok... and as Jem correctly said, we did'nt see this last year....

but you're gonna hear my laugh this side of the planet if his engine blows at Suzuka.....

oh ok... and as Jem correctly said, we did'nt see this last year....

but you're gonna hear my laugh this side of the planet if his engine blows at Suzuka.....

I know and it probably is a lost cause, but hey I'm British and we love a lost cause!! :lol:

Anyways, we want drivers to race their balls off don't we ?? :D

well at least he tried. Alonso would have been kicking himself if he hadnt had that charge, and MS had a problem on the last lap which caused him to slow down

I think this is what Alonso is thinking. He Can't Believe after sitting on pole and had a good lead with his team fisi holding up the entire traffic and yet MS is in front of him.

He waiting for a mircale to happen that MS makes a mistake.

MS doesnt really had much problem he just didnt want to hurts his engine and just playing it safe to cruise into his victory.

mine too from the other side of the planet. :P

Let me bring this to you.

Renault team it was Benetton team and in 1994 and 1995 they used to be blamed of cheating and they got disqualified in some races because of that like Spa, a problem with the fuel...Benetton had Flavio Briatore as a head just like Renault does now, so don't be surpirse about dirty tactics coming from Renault they only change the name to the team, and they used to be called Benetton Renault, so there's no surprise.

Let me bring this to you.

Renault team it was Benetton team and in 1994 and 1995 they used to be blamed of cheating and they got disqualified in some races because of that like Spa, a problem with the fuel...Benetton had Flavio Briatore as a head just like Renault does now, so don't be surpirse about dirty tactics coming from Renault they only change the name to the team, and they used to be called Benetton Renault, so there's no surprise.

Lets also remember that when MS joined Fiarrari ppl at Benetton ( that cheated ) went with him to Fiarrari.....well not all but the ones he wanted. :D

I wonder why many Renault fans think that their team can do team orders but Ferrari cannot.

Conspiracy theory?

Lets get back to talking about Raves! Wait start a thread in the Cafe!

I wonder why many Renault fans think that their team can do team orders but Ferrari cannot.

Conspiracy theory?

2002 Austrian GP Mr. Toad on the pit wall talking to Rubens "Let Michael passed for the championship"

Now thats team orders!

Fact?

2002 Austrian GP Mr. Toad on the pit wall talking to Rubens "Let Michael passed for the championship"

Now thats team orders!

Fact?

Well team orders were actually allowed in that race, that grand prix was the catalyst for the subsequent banning of team orders - supposedly!

However we all know that team orders still go on, as evidenced by Symonds comments, he said something along the lines of 'we can't give them team orders, but they know what to do in that situation'. His correct response should have been 'Team orders? Never heard of them'. :lol:

Yea it doesnt really make a difference that team orders are banned, cos the teams will have a pre-race agreement. If the number 1 driver is behind, the number 2 driver will move over. And thats not against the rules. Both ferrari and renault will use it if necessary

Yea it doesnt really make a difference that team orders are banned, cos the teams will have a pre-race agreement. If the number 1 driver is behind, the number 2 driver will move over. And thats not against the rules. Both ferrari and renault will use it if necessary

Not really related to your quote, but I think the essence of the thread is lost. Moving over for a fellow driver in a bid to win a championship or constructors title is one thing, but deliberately blocking someone who can overtake you is cause for a penalty, in this case, a serious penalty, what say you and the others. I have seen a lot of posts berating Todt as not being in a position to make these threats, but looking at it from an outsiders viewpoint, I feel they are two different things, one being more justifiable than a deliberate blocking manouver

Not really related to your quote, but I think the essence of the thread is lost. Moving over for a fellow driver in a bid to win a championship or constructors title is one thing, but deliberately blocking someone who can overtake you is cause for a penalty, in this case, a serious penalty, what say you and the others. I have seen a lot of posts berating Todt as not being in a position to make these threats, but looking at it from an outsiders viewpoint, I feel they are two different things, one being more justifiable than a deliberate blocking manouver

Well I enjoyed it when I was watching it - maybe that speaks for itself? However, I can imagine if there had been an accident because of it, then there might have been a different slant to it. In essence, though, I thought it was good racing & I couldn't really see anything wrong with it.