Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Will He Ever Stop Blaming Somebody Else

I wonder if alonso will ever stop blaming somebody else, I haven't heard him talking about his own mistake in the race, he is just blaming somebody else, pointing the finger will not help him in the next two races.

Alonso turns attack to Fisichella - 04 October 2006

Reigning world champion Fernando Alonso has widened his attack on the Renault team after losing his championship lead in China.

The 25-year-old, who in the Spanish press this week accused his team colleagues of abandoning the quest for his drivers' title, has now been quoted as criticising teammate Giancarlo Fisichella's tactics on the Shanghai circuit.

While Ferrari boss Jean Todt hinted this week that Fisichella's precision driving on the straights was tantamount to illegal blocking, Alonso attacked his Roman cohort for overtaking him.

Alonso reportedly told Sport-Informations-Dienst: 'In the same situation I don't believe that (Ferrari's) Massa would have driven past Schumacher.'

A Renault spokesman, however, insisted that 33-year-old Fisichella 'drove purely for the team' in the Chinese GP.

And he said of Spaniard Alonso: 'There is no problem at all with the relations between him and the team.'

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=178388

I don't like single sentence quotes taken completely out of context. It often leaves them too open to interpretation and spin.

Alonso reportedly told Sport-Informations-Dienst: 'In the same situation I don't believe that (Ferrari's) Massa would have driven past Schumacher.'

He is right in saying that.

Schumikonen, you posted a link to a funny photo of Alonso in another thread. Did you read the accompanying article? It's about spin.

Schumikonen, you posted a link to a funny photo of Alonso in another thread. Did you read the accompanying article? It's about spin.

It's a long article I'm going to read it later cause I'm almost finishing my shift here I will print it to read it at home.

I don't like single sentence quotes taken completely out of context. It often leaves them too open to interpretation and spin.

Not sure about this one, but here is the interview related to the other thread, if you know Spanish..

http://www.as.com/articulo/motor/Algunos/R...asdaimot_3/Tes/

Someone posted a translation of part of it on the atlas forum:

Q. Do you think Giancarlo Fisichella helped you?

A. No.

Q. Do you feel confident? (Not the best translation but I can

Only pathetic websites like planet-f1 are reporting these completely false stories, so lets not take it seriously

To understand the sheer stupidity of what he is saying, imagine Michael saying after Austria 2002 that "Rubens did not help me".

Only pathetic websites like planet-f1 are reporting these completely false stories, so lets not take it seriously

I just posted the link to the entire interview, and it is a huge topic of discussion on the Renault blog, noone from Renault is denying the quote

Doesn't sound like the right attitude as you say Cav. I'd still have slight doubts about the translation. Where's kiko when you need him? Or Irish for that matter! Is the translation fair? But as it stands I think you have a point.

Thanks for the link, Cav. It looks as though he really is taking on something of a siege mentality. I hope it does not affect his driving, as it appears that he's on the verge of outpsyching himself...............

Well, Fisico drove slowly for the last 15 laps to allow Alonso to reduce the gap , didn't he?

Even if Fisico hadn't overtaken , the outcome would still have been the same.

Doesn't sound like the right attitude as you say Cav. I'd still have slight doubts about the translation. Where's kiko when you need him? Or Irish for that matter! Is the translation fair? But as it stands I think you have a point.

would it shock you to hear that although i now live in Spain i cant speak Spanish :blush::blush:

However i am trying to learn it. In fact i start a free language exchange next week (intercambios) with a 26 yr old Spanish guy - i teach him english, he teaches me spanish - i promise i am not just using this as a way to meet fit young men :wub::P:P

As for Alonso - i remember before he became WDC & he was really nice & fun (even doing magic tricks for the presenters) i really find it hard to believe he could turn into such a whinging, crying tw

would it shock you to hear that although i now live in Spain i cant speak Spanish :blush::blush:

However i am trying to learn it. In fact i start a free language exchange next week (intercambios) with a 26 yr old Spanish guy - i teach him english, he teaches me spanish - i promise i am not just using this as a way to meet fit young men :wub::P:P

As for Alonso - i remember before he became WDC & he was really nice & fun (even doing magic tricks for the presenters) i really find it hard to believe he could turn into such a whinging, crying tw

I thought you went back to Ireland, anyway hope your enjoying it over there (tutoring right?).... :)

yeah i came here for a month in June, then back home to Ireland July & Aug and then moved here in Sept -

yeah im teaching English as a foreign language to wee kiddies and business men (1 of who is the spit of Jean Alesi yummy) - having lots of fun but unfortunately having lots (and lots) of Sangria & c#cktails along the way :blink:

"Alonso reportedly told Sport-Informations-Dienst:"

So in otherwords its bullsh!t... unless I see this interview with my own eyes its hogwash!

what more could reno want the max they could get is 14 points fro that race after schumi took 1st place and then they did allow alonso to become 2nd even though he was 20 sec behind fisi. Does he want reno to lose??? as they have to care abt the WCC as well

True or not, FA attitude did changed dramatically after MS started to catch up in the points. He started to point fingers for his misfortunes. What he should just do is just keep his focus and forget about the bad luck of the current race and just move on to the next one.

Alonso just needs a ****ing smack in the fqace and I would be more than happy to do it!

PEOPLE this is not fake its been all over the spanish media so it can't be fake it might taken out of context, but the boy sure is frustrated being his 25 point lead wiped out by schuey got to hurt specially with the new point system. I bet he is preparing for his defeat that way if he loses then he can blame everybody else and santa claus. If FA wins he will say i've beat all the odds and end up winning the WDC like David against Goliath and be a national hero in Spain. So no matter what is the outcome of this championship FA has his butt pretty covered. This is always good for adding emotion to the WDC. But it gets tiring all the trash talking has been done by reno, it might because they are french team who knows.

Now FA is very good but he still has to show that he is worth to be MS's successor. Saying all this crap to the media ain't helping much. And pat symonds has a big a mouth!! "poor old michael" :mf_tongue:

4083672_cry.jpg

I speak spanish and I can tell you that it's a very good translation, sometimes it's almost impossible to take every word from spanish to english and vv, but you can take the idea from one language to another, and in this case is a very good translation.

Finally got the reason why alonso was p**sed off with Fisi

Fisi was celebrating with schumi so thus..

"The party was reportedly also attended by 2007 Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen, Schumacher's current teammate Felipe Massa, Renault rival Giancarlo Fisichella and personal press officer Sabine Kehm.

Predictably, championship rival Fernando Alonso was not spotted."

from Paddock Talk

Why was Fisi there anyways??Kimi is understandable 1- ferrari 2 for drinks. But what was Fisi rejocing for???