Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Mixed Emotions For Australians This Weekend

I have extremely mixed emotions this weekend. On one hand the greatest race in Australia is on (Bathurst 1000) which is very exciting, close and dramatic. This race goes from about 11am to 5pm which would be fine on a normal weekend. Unfortunatly however this race is on at the same time as the Japanese GP which starts at 3pm Australian time. As a result channel 10 have bumped the F1 to 11:05pm which will mean we will get the F1 8 hours late. I just wish that the FIA could have organised a European race this weekend as it would have been much more convenient for me and everyone else in Australia who loves formula 1. No doubt Cavallino is rather upset.

well you aussies must be used to watching F1 at annoying times of the day anyway so its just usual stuff for you!

just a stupid hill

Believe me that is what I actually thought when we drove through the town 6 years ago, we didn't even take a drive around the track. Pity, haven't been there since :(

Believe me that is what I actually thought when we drove through the town 6 years ago, we didn't even take a drive around the track. Pity, haven't been there since :(

Its a amazing track. Here is a video of the fastest lap ever if anyone wants it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmkUVSVHoc8

I just wish it didnt clash with the F1 as i love both events.

well you aussies must be used to watching F1 at annoying times of the day anyway so its just usual stuff for you!

We only get 3 or 4 GP's a year which are on at a decent hour. All the rest are in that backwards part of the world where they like to hold their F1 races at 11:30 at night.

WOW.... :blink::blink: what a lap... :thbup::thbup:

Wasnt that track in toca game :eusa_think::D:D looks familiar to me... :)

Yes. Its in TOCA 1, 2 and 3. Its my favourite track in the entire world.

Considering that F1 has legislated itself into irrelevance, and has shown without a doubt that the governing body wants a team that shall remain nameless to win one or both of the championships ... I'd say watch Bathurst. I wish that here in the land 'o plenty, we could actually get decent coverage of racing that isn't NASCAB.

I'll be lucky if I can find a 5 minute highlight reel of Bathurst. $DIETY knows, it's going to be better racing than what goes on at the best GP-approved track in Japan ...

:wacko:

Yes, Last week was an example, we got the Chinese Gp on at 11pm when it could have been live at 4pm. I was happy when chanel 10 got the coverage, but it is no better than when chanel 9 had it.

Bathurst is great!

Yes, Last week was an example, we got the Chinese Gp on at 11pm when it could have been live at 4pm. I was happy when chanel 10 got the coverage, but it is no better than when chanel 9 had it.

Bathurst is great!

Channel 7 are getting the V8's, so both GP's from Asia should be live on 10 next season not to mention better overall coverage of F1.

Channel 7 are getting the V8's, so both GP's from Asia should be live on 10 next season not to mention better overall coverage of F1.

I recently learned something rather bad. The V8 Supercars have always been at the Australian GP as a support act to the formula 1 but due to the fact that the V8 Supercars will be on channel 7 and F1 will be on channel 10 the V8 Supercars will not make a appearance at Albert Park. This is very bad news as i predict the crowd numbers for the F1 will be greatly decreased.

I recently learned something rather bad. The V8 Supercars have always been at the Australian GP as a support act to the formula 1 but due to the fact that the V8 Supercars will be on channel 7 and F1 will be on channel 10 the V8 Supercars will not make a appearance at Albert Park. This is very bad news as i predict the crowd numbers for the F1 will be greatly decreased.

Ooo bugger, that doesn't sound good :(

Ooo bugger, that doesn't sound good :(

It isnt. I remember every year when the V8 Supercars line up on the grid all the F1 engineers are watching from the pitwall. The V8 Supercars are a huge attraction and it is a huge loss to Australian formula 1 to see them go.

This is very bad news as i predict the crowd numbers for the F1 will be greatly decreased.

Really? That will be so bloody awesome, though it is very unlikely that I will go this year. It's too bloody crowded.

Really? That will be so bloody awesome, though it is very unlikely that I will go this year. It's too bloody crowded.

Why is that a good thing. Its terrible for Australian motorsport as the organisers are struggling to make a profit so this news is only going to make the situation worse.

Sorry, just being entirely selfish there :D It's annoying being shortish when you are trying to watch the race from general admission knolls in a big crowd.

Sorry, just being entirely selfish there :D It's annoying being shortish when you are trying to watch the race from general admission knolls in a big crowd.

OK. On another note does anyone know when Albert Parks contract is up for renewal because i dont think Victoria will want to renew the contract if the Aus GP ceases to be profitable.

Didn't they sign a new deal this year?

I know the FIA said they would honour their contract with the organisers of the Australian GP by having it as the 1st GP of the season but im not certain if they renewed their contract this year. Can anyone confirm this?